Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigmikeyp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Manchester, UK
Awesome!

Do you know which model you want yet? I'm going for the 32GB WiFi I think after finding I struggled with 16GB on my iPad 1.

What time are you heading down there?

flyzzle

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I've been leaning towards the 16GB wifi, but I am wondering whether that will be enough memory, my 32GB iPhone 4 is nearly full after all.

I'm definitely getting the white model though, looks sweet with a navy leather smart cover imo.

I haven't decided on a time yet, I queued for over 9 hours (from 7am) on the iPhone 4 launch but not at an Apple Store so I haven't got a clue what the turn out is usually like for launches at the Apple Store, especially iPad launches.

What time you turning up?

Last edited:

bigmikeyp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Manchester, UK
Yeah I thought 16GB would be enough last time around, but whenever I was travelling (even train journeys in the UK) I would find that it just wasn't enough, what with having some music, movies, podcasts, photos and beefy games on it.

I'm going on two long haul holidays this summer too so going to want the extra storage space for the flights alone!

Queued for 9 hours from 7am?! Geez. I went down to the Liverpool ONE store for iPhone 4 launch, got there at about 4:30am and was about 25th in the que or something like that. In front of me were a couple of guys who had flown over from Amsterdam for the day just to get an iPhone 4.

For iPad 2, I'll be heading down there before that I think a) so I definitely get one, and b) as I have to get a train asap that day, so the longer I leave it, the longer I'll have to que up. At the moment I'm thinking around 3am.

iJordz

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
I'll be going here,

Getting the train from Birkenhead North,
anyone know what the best time would be to get there at?

NoIdea!

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
What time to get there?

What time are people getting to the L1 store for? Its apparently being released at 5pm now... And I've heard there wont be very many in stock.

I'm trying to decide when to get there for...?!

Cheers

Dwayne Phoenix

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Liverpool, England
Hopefully going to get there at around 12-1pm, as soon as I hand a university project in (damn deadlines clashing with the iPad release!)

For those who haven't been following the iPad 2 UK Thread, here are the prices:

16GB WiFi Only £399.00 inc VAT (£332.50 ex VAT)
32GB WiFi Only £479.00 inc VAT (£399.17 ex VAT)
64GB WiFi Only £559.00 inc VAT (£465.83 ex VAT)

16GB Wi-Fi + 3G £499.00 inc VAT (£415.83 ex VAT)
32GB Wi-Fi + 3G £579.00 inc VAT (£482.50 ex VAT)
64GB Wi-Fi + 3G £659.00 inc VAT (£549.17 ex VAT)

iMovie and GarageBand apps will be £2.99 each.

Smart Covers will be £35.00 for polyurethane, and £59.00 for leather.

It might be worth at least following iawa's site, as he's updating it as soon as new info comes in :p

NoIdea!

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Ha thankfully I don't have any lectures on Friday and my essays are in for Thursday!

Are you worried at all about the stock levels and chances of getting one? L1 store isn't that big so I don't think they'll get many compared with like the Trafford Centre.
I am planning to get there around 12 - reckon that will be early enough to be close to the front of the queue?

Never been to a launch so don't have a clue what to expect.

Cheers

flyzzle

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I'm probably going to head there around 11 - 12 and see if anyone is there, if there is then I'll queue, if there isn't I'll chill in the Starbucks over the road.

Just rang them and they don't seem to have a clue about stock etc. Either that or they just don't want to tell.

I don't have a clue what the turn out for this is going to be like either :/

NoIdea!

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Ye I was thinking of just chilling in bucks till a queue begins to form...

Ye they really aren't helpful at all, I went into the store yesterday to ask about the release etc and the guy had no clue whatsoever - or again, thats what he said...

Gonna have to wait and see I guess. I will be SO pissed if I leave Liverpool without one though...

Which models are people going for? I'm (hopefully) getting 16GB wifi in Black.

flyzzle

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Sounds like a plan mate

I'm wanting to get the 32GB wifi in white and black, white for me and black for a mate who's in uni all day and can't queue.

I don't particularly want to go home empty handed either :p

NoIdea!

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Ha your mate's got a good deal, new iPad and doesn't have to queue! I wish someone would queue for me!

Ye good shout.

Good luck.

BlakeJohn

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
I want to be the first one there lol. Me and my mate are going super early. Anybody else getting there mega Early?

I'm going in store in about 30mist to find out details on stock and thir point of view and I will post results here :)

NoIdea!

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Hah how early you talking?! I'm thinking around 11-12... I reckon that will be early enough (hopefully).

I'm doing the same tonight too, gonna ask how much stock they'll have. I'll also post on here what they tell me.

Which one you and your mate getting?

BlakeJohn

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Hah how early you talking?! I'm thinking around 11-12... I reckon that will be early enough (hopefully).

I'm doing the same tonight too, gonna ask how much stock they'll have. I'll also post on here what they tell me.

Which one you and your mate getting?

Probable going to get the 16gb black with smart cover my mate is just staying with me for the fun. I will be there at 5am
lol

NoIdea!

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Omg! Serious?! Jesus, maybe 11-12 will be too late then... Ha!
Do you know how many are?

technowlive

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Live Feed from 3:20AM

Hay guys,

I am Matty From technow.me and we will be doing a live video feed from outside liverpool one apples store for the launch of the IPAD 2. Please look and see what you want. Also we will keep you posted.

Matty:)

BlakeJohn

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Been to apple store there are no queues yet!!! But the guy in the store said it will be rocking by 3:30am and don't come any later because the stock is low

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.