PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 2 Rubber Feet?

jeff_siler
Mar 7, 2011, 04:32 PM
I'm considering the smart cover/case for the iPad 2, but would like some lay on the table protection. I would prefer to not use a skin on the back. I was thinking about trying small rubber adhesive rubber feet (transparent). Has anyone tried this with iPad 1?

Jeff

Tike1994
Mar 13, 2011, 09:20 PM
I actually put some on my iPad 2 and really like them so far.

I pre-ordered the iPad and Smart Cover when they went on sale online, but then got the iPad at Best Buy. I cancelled the online order for the iPad, but the Smart Cover had already shipped, so my iPad is naked until Tuesday.

I didn't like setting the bare aluminum back laying on a table, and I looked at my 13" MacBook Pro and said to myself, "Why doesn't the iPad have feet like this does?"

The wife says, "Why don't you try some of those clear rubber feet?" I had some in a drawer, put them on and it's been great. You don't notice that they're there and they keep the back from hitting the surface you set it down on. It also keeps it from sliding on the table.

We'll see what happens when the Smart Cover arrives, but so far, so good.

iVeBeenDrinkin'
Mar 13, 2011, 09:26 PM
I actually put some on my iPad 2 and really like them so far.

I pre-ordered the iPad and Smart Cover when they went on sale online, but then got the iPad at Best Buy. I cancelled the online order for the iPad, but the Smart Cover had already shipped, so my iPad is naked until Tuesday.

I didn't like setting the bare aluminum back laying on a table, and I looked at my 13" MacBook Pro and said to myself, "Why doesn't the iPad have feet like this does?"

The wife says, "Why don't you try some of those clear rubber feet?" I had some in a drawer, put them on and it's been great. You don't notice that they're there and they keep the back from hitting the surface you set it down on. It also keeps it from sliding on the table.

We'll see what happens when the Smart Cover arrives, but so far, so good.

Where'd you buy those?

DaGreat01
Mar 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
I was thinking of doing this same exact thing.

When i heard the smart cover didnt cover the back i was like "hmmm does aluminum scratch easy? Let me check out my MacBook Pro bottom." Then noticed that the bottom never touches anything when on a flat surface.

I would like to do this but with tiny ones. In the photo they look a little big.

DaGreat01
Mar 14, 2011, 10:28 PM
Has anyone else tried this yet?

RS232
Mar 14, 2011, 11:36 PM
That's a great idea... might give that a go myself when my iPad arrives!

iVeBeenDrinkin'
Mar 21, 2011, 01:04 AM
That's a great idea... might give that a go myself when my iPad arrives!

It is a great idea, I am wondering where the OP found them.

Stealthipad
Mar 21, 2011, 05:58 AM
Where'd you buy those?

I put the same on mine as the leather smart cover does nothing for protecting the back of the unit. You can get them at any Home Depot or Lowe's.

I am waiting on the Speck Products cover that will protect the back and front of the device. I loved the Speck cover for the iPad1 and hope the iPad2 cover is as good.

MikePA
Mar 21, 2011, 06:10 AM
I used the same rubber feet on the bottom of my ZaggMate. You can get them at any hardware store. At my local Ace Hardware, they are hanging next to the felt pads you put on the bottom of table lamps. You might have to buy a big card of different sizes to get the size you want.

popstar140
May 26, 2011, 06:54 AM
Couldn'd find any anywhere, hardwar and rubber retailers, eventually I found some online at http://www.ipad2feet.com/

:):):)

ChristianJapan
May 26, 2011, 07:02 AM
Ok, I would never do that ... To be honest that looks quite ugly to me. And would remind me to the trashcan in my kitchen where I use those to protect the wall behind.

But +1 for the creative idea though.

Piarco
May 27, 2011, 09:09 AM
I've got some iDroplets (http://www.idroplets.com/) installed on top of a BSE on my iPad 2. Gives me more confidence when putting it down. The only downside is that if you want to use a case other than a slip, you're out of luck.

appia00
Dec 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
There are also these www.ifootpads.com (http://www.ifootpads.com) which comes with a template to take the pain out of lining them up.

junebug1
Dec 25, 2011, 12:12 AM
To be honest I think these are the best designed rubber feet style solutions for the iPad. As you can see in the photos they protect the back in MANY more situations than the ones I've seen posted above. I've had them for a few weeks and absolutely love them.

http://www.bluelounge.com/products/kicks/