PDA

View Full Version : fayette mall Lexington KY

zemzabob
Mar 7, 2011, 07:54 PM
I'll be there how about you?

Saberj
Mar 8, 2011, 09:38 AM
I'll probably end up at Best Buy instead, and get my reward points. But if it doesn't look like I'll get a 16GB 3g model there, I'll head over to the Apple Store instead. Unfortunately, I don't get off until 3:30, so I won't be able to go anywhere until about an hour before launch.

amethystjw
Mar 9, 2011, 09:24 AM
I have a feeling the mall will be a zoo! Remember the iPhone 4 line? It stretched halfway through the mall.

MacRumors reported that Walmart and Sam's Club will be carrying it at launch. I got a gift card for there (works at both) recently and would like to use it toward my iPad purchase but does anyone know what time of day they'll be starting to sell them? I'm itching for a white 32GB AT&T model. :rolleyes:

Ashyukun
Mar 9, 2011, 01:48 PM
I'll probably end up at Best Buy instead, and get my reward points. But if it doesn't look like I'll get a 16GB 3g model there, I'll head over to the Apple Store instead. Unfortunately, I don't get off until 3:30, so I won't be able to go anywhere until about an hour before launch.
I've got much the same plan, though I'm probably going to take a half-day and head over after lunch as I figure the 32GB WiFi-only one is going to be a bit hotter of an item than any of the 3G-capable ones will be. I've got a bunch of gift cards saved up, so I'll save a good bit on it (or at least it + all the accessories I want...). Hopefully the South Park Best Buy will be a bit less crowded due to its closeness to Fayette Mall's Apple Store...

If Best Buy doesn't have the accessories I want though, I may brave the mall after getting the actual iPad in hopes that the Apple Store will have them.

Button Pusher
Mar 9, 2011, 02:09 PM
I may go by there after the UK game is over. That may give some of you time to get your's first! :D

brock2621
Mar 10, 2011, 06:35 AM
What time you guys heading over to the mall? I have a feeling people are going to be camping out front :\ I really don't want to be standing in the middle of the mall like a moron with people walking by every 2 seconds asking what I'm doing...

zemzabob
Mar 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'll be there at 9am if you want to meet up?

brock2621
Mar 10, 2011, 12:17 PM
I'll be there at 9am if you want to meet up?

I know the manager at the store and i'll text to see how many they are going to be getting. I doubt they will know but I'll report back if I do. If it's not very many I'll probably be up for a 9am. It's it's like 400 then I'll probably just show up at 3 or so....

zemzabob
Mar 10, 2011, 12:27 PM
I know the manager at the store and i'll text to see how many they are going to be getting. I doubt they will know but I'll report back if I do. If it's not very many I'll probably be up for a 9am. It's it's like 400 then I'll probably just show up at 3 or so....

Sounds good. I'm just going to hang out in the mall if the line is not very big, unless someone wants to meet me up there at 9:00.

brock2621
Mar 10, 2011, 02:06 PM
They are getting between 150-200 in stock. Hmm... i'm debating on what time I want to be there... I'll check back later tonight and get your info

zemzabob
Mar 10, 2011, 03:18 PM
They are getting between 150-200 in stock. Hmm... i'm debating on what time I want to be there... I'll check back later tonight and get your info

Ok I'll be getting there at open for sure if that's they'll have in stock.

jeffjak25
Mar 10, 2011, 05:56 PM
I will probably be there around 10. How big of a line are you all expecting?

zemzabob
Mar 10, 2011, 06:51 PM
I will probably be there around 10. How big of a line are you all expecting?

I'll be there at 10 as well I thought they opened at 9am but it's 10am.
I don't know about what to expect as far as the line goes, but I would hate to stand in line and then not get one so better safe then sorry. You all can PM me your info if you want to meet up it would make it a little more fun.

jeffjak25
Mar 10, 2011, 07:30 PM
Anyone know if there is a line forming now?

zemzabob
Mar 10, 2011, 08:49 PM
Anyone know if there is a line forming now?

According to a representative for the mall they will not allow lines to form until the mall opens at 10:00am

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 05:15 AM
According to a representative for the mall they will not allow lines to form until the mall opens at 10:00am

At the store proper. But I guarantee there will be people lining up outside the mall if they want to.

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 06:48 AM
Whenever you all do get to the Apple Store, keep us updated on the line progress throughout the day if you can. I'm a teacher so thankfully I get off work a little earlier than most (3:00). I'm supposed to have a dentist appointment at 3:20 but I'm going to skip it so I can get to the mall asap. I may scope out BB on the way and see how things are over there.

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 07:21 AM
I'm planning on heading to Best Buy a bit after noon (taking a half day and grabbing lunch on my way from work) and I'll of course have my iPhone (and several backup battery packs to make sure it stays working ;) ) so I'll try and update with what the situation looks like there.

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
Updates from both locations would be much appreciated. I don't get off until 3:30, so the earliest I can get anywhere on that side of town is about 10 til 4.

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 07:40 AM
Yes, an update would be much appreciated! Thank you!

khakiman
Mar 11, 2011, 08:39 AM
Anyone who can give updates would be great. I have to work and can't get off very early. I'm hoping to buy my first iPad today!

Thanks

AndrewS
Mar 11, 2011, 08:53 AM
Anyone who is getting in line at Best Buy early - could you check with BB and see if they'll tell you if they have 3G models or not?

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 09:16 AM
Anyone who is getting in line at Best Buy early - could you check with BB and see if they'll tell you if they have 3G models or not?
I'm going to the one near Fayette Mall (South Park shopping center), and at least that one SHOULD have them since they have an Apple section which is what they've said is what will determine whether they have 3G or not. Dunno about Hamburg. I'll ask when I get there, hopefully in about 2 hours.

Wish it were warmer today, but hopefully I'll be early enough and they'll let us line up inside...

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
I just called both BB stores. South Park didn't answer... The guy at the Hamburg store said they WILL NOT have any of the 3G models and that they haven't received their shipment yet so they don't know how many they'll have. Also, he said they weren't told anything about giving out tickets so as far as they know, it's first come, first served starting at 5:00. If anyone gets a hold of the South Park store, lets know what the deal is.

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'd appreciate updates as well!! I am working a half day today and I'm not really sure which direction to head. Sounds like people are already in line early. 200 at the Apple Store? That isn't many. I can see those selling out quick. Is there a line at the mall right now?

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 10:34 AM
Anybody in line?

AndrewS
Mar 11, 2011, 10:39 AM
I'm at south park BB right now. Nobody lining up yet. They will hand out vouchers at 4:30. They have no idea if they'll have any 3G iPads or not but the lady thought they'd have a few (I'm interested in getting an ATT 3G iPad)

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
I'm at south park BB right now. Nobody lining up yet. They will hand out vouchers at 4:30. They have no idea if they'll have any 3G iPads or not but the lady thought they'd have a few (I'm interested in getting an ATT 3G iPad)

Thanks for the update!

Juppers
Mar 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes. I can procrastinate going to best buy a little longer.

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 10:46 AM
That's good to hear (lack of a line). Means I can run a bit late from lunch and potentially even get the 'fun' car running to drive instead of my Saturn. :cool:

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
What about the Apple store? Anyone have an update?

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
What about the Apple store? Anyone have an update?

Maybe there is no service in the Mall!:D

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'm getting a report from the mall right now - my source says there are about 20 people in line with lawn chairs. Says the line goes past Ann Taylor (sounds like more than 20 people to me, but if there are a lot of chairs, maybe).

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the updates!!!

AndrewS
Mar 11, 2011, 11:09 AM
I just asked about lining up at south park bb and was told they would let people line up at 4. Not sure how that will work. Headed to the apple store now

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
I just asked about lining up at south park bb and was told they would let people line up at 4. Not sure how that will work. Headed to the apple store now

That stinks! You should be able to line up now!

AndrewS
Mar 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
Punted. Line is grown but not bad at the apple store so I'm stickin with the sure bet.

Juppers
Mar 11, 2011, 11:21 AM
Punted. Line is grown but not bad at the apple store so I'm stickin with the sure bet.

How long is it now?

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 11:23 AM

I never understand that. Unless they prohibit you from buying if you line up early, people will just start an "unofficial" line anyway. Then when it comes time for the real line, they will just re-locate. And anyone that tries to jump in front of them will have group shame.

But since that's the time I'll be able to line-up anyway, I guess it doesn't really effect me much. I'm not expecting success today since I want a 16GB 3G model, and I'm sure those will fly.

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
Update (note - this is secondhand) - only a few more people since about noon. Line now up to door of Leroy's.

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 11:38 AM
Got a text from my mom about an hour ago. There were about 25 people in line at the Apple Store then. Man, 3:00 cannot come soon enough!!! I'm dying to get to the Apple Store!

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 11:58 AM
My source is in line and can't see the end of it, but says it goes around corner now. Estimates maybe 50 people.

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 12:02 PM
I never understand that. Unless they prohibit you from buying if you line up early, people will just start an "unofficial" line anyway. Then when it comes time for the real line, they will just re-locate. And anyone that tries to jump in front of them will have group shame.

But since that's the time I'll be able to line-up anyway, I guess it doesn't really effect me much. I'm not expecting success today since I want a 16GB 3G model, and I'm sure those will fly.

I'm going to be headed over to South Park in a few minutes after I swing by home and grab a lawn chair. At worst, I can wander around the store for a few hours. I want a 32GB WiFi, so hopefully I'll have a bit less competition...

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 12:05 PM
My source is in line and can't see the end of it, but says it goes around corner now. Estimates maybe 50 people.

Wow, 50 in line surprises me!

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 12:05 PM
Wow, 50 in line surprises me!

More or fewer than you expected?

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 12:07 PM
It seems like it's not so bad in the Apple line right now - they apparently gave out free Starbucks and Godiva chocolates! And a little orange Apple patch.

Kind of regretting not being there! I'm going to switch out later but can't go yet.

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 12:15 PM
More or fewer than you expected?

More than expected this early. The report in the Cincy Apple Store is about 70 and you know how big Cincy is.

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
More than expected this early.

Gotcha. I think Apple wanted big lines, though. They didn't have nearly the lines expected with the Verizon iPhone. The whole business about not allowing online preorders for iPad 2 was suspicious - they always have online preorders. They made sure that the only way anyone was getting an iPad 2 on launch day was to line up for it. On the other hand, it is available at more places than with the first iPad. I really didn't know what to expect honestly.

Edit to add - I was also at the opening of the Lexington Apple Store and was amazed how many people were there for that. I know Apple Store openings are a big deal, but it was mobbed! Maybe there are particularly rabid Apple fans in Lexington? :-)

brock2621
Mar 11, 2011, 12:26 PM
Line is now past hatworld

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 12:34 PM
Gotcha. I think Apple wanted big lines, though. They didn't have nearly the lines expected with the Verizon iPhone. The whole business about not allowing online preorders for iPad 2 was suspicious - they always have online preorders. They made sure that the only way anyone was getting an iPad 2 on launch day was to line up for it. On the other hand, it is available at more places than with the first iPad. I really didn't know what to expect honestly.

Edit to add - I was also at the opening of the Lexington Apple Store and was amazed how many people were there for that. I know Apple Store openings are a big deal, but it was mobbed! Maybe there are particularly rabid Apple fans in Lexington? :-)

Maybe there are! lol I was in there the other day and they were very busy. I should have expected this! I'm slow to catch on! :(:rolleyes:

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 12:35 PM
Line is now past hatworld

Thank you for the update.

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm surprised the line is that long. Why is it going that direction though? You'd think the line would have gone the other way so it wrapped in front of Macy's. That way you'd be able to see the progress of the line as you moved :) I might be trying Best Buy if this keeps up.

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised the line is that long. Why is it going that direction though? You'd think the line would have gone the other way so it wrapped in front of Macy's. That way you'd be able to see the progress of the line as you moved :) I might be trying Best Buy if this keeps up.

No! Shoo! There are 500 people lined up there. Back to your Apple Store! :cool:

Juppers
Mar 11, 2011, 01:10 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Line at best buy in south park now. 4 deep.

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 01:11 PM
So, the South Park Best Buy is finally letting us line up- there's 4 of us in line so far. There's just one line now, but a security guy told me they'd split it later for WiFi only & 3G.

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
No! Shoo! There are 500 people lined up there. Back to your Apple Store! :cool:

LOL. Best Buy here I come! :D I'm going to try to leave work a few minutes early and go staight there. Hopefully the line won't get too much longer in the next 30 minutes. Save me a spot Ashyukun!

khakiman
Mar 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
Mall line is now at Express...Apple employee said they are getting a shipment in every hour until 5:00pm. They also said that @ 4:45 they will come thru the line and let you tell them which one you want until they run out. There is a 2 limit per person not household.

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
Mall line is now at Express...Apple employee said they are getting a shipment in every hour until 5:00pm. They also said that @ 4:45 they will come thru the line and let you tell them which one you want until they run out. There is a 2 limit per person not household.

Thanks for the info. Any chance he said how many they expect to get?

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 01:34 PM
LOL. Best Buy here I come! :D I'm going to try to leave work a few minutes early and go staight there. Hopefully the line won't get too much longer in the next 30 minutes. Save me a spot Ashyukun!

Good luck!

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 01:42 PM
So, the South Park Best Buy is finally letting us line up- there's 4 of us in line so far. There's just one line now, but a security guy told me they'd split it later for WiFi only & 3G.

Ugh. I just know like 50 more people are going to get there in the next hour. :(

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 01:53 PM

Still less than a dozen people in line, though we still haven't heard anything about stock. Seems like everyone should have pretty good odds here so far...

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 01:56 PM
Still less than a dozen people in line, though we still haven't heard anything about stock. Seems like everyone should have pretty good odds here so far...

Take a poll on what everyone else is getting. Convince them to start at the top end models. :D

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
How long is mall line now?

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 02:25 PM
I made it to Best Buy. So far I'm the last person in line sitting at #17. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but things are looking good :)

rml4uk
Mar 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
Around 40 in line at Best Buy now.

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 03:21 PM
Only about 10 minutes until they hand out tickets, and there's still not more than 60 or so people in the line.

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 03:21 PM
~30 in line at BB Hamburg. That is where I am.

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 03:39 PM
Line is at least around Coach at Fayette Mall. Can't see the end. Bit they said they have a lot. They will be going around asking what people want soon.

Button Pusher
Mar 11, 2011, 04:47 PM
Any update on how the line is moving and if they sold out yet?

medgirl2001
Mar 11, 2011, 05:12 PM
Any update on how the line is moving and if they sold out yet?

I left maybe a half hour ago. The line was moving quickly and didn't look bad. I'm not sure what the availability was at that point, but they seemed to have plenty. In fact, earlier they said, "We have plenty." I know that the employees were set to work until midnight tonight, which makes me think they planned to have enough inventory to get to that point. Of course you never know how many of each model they had, etc., but they seemed prepared to sell a lot of them.

A guy my husband knows at Best Buy said they got fewer than 100 in. I'm sorry but I don't know if that was Hamburg or South Park. And obviously secondhand information, but since this is MacRumors, I guess it's okay to post a rumor! Good luck everyone with your iPad shopping!

Saberj
Mar 11, 2011, 07:07 PM
At South Park they seemed to have a ton. About 40 people in, they had only ran out of 2 skus from what I saw. How did the mall turn out for those that went? There we all kinds of horror stories in the Best Buy line. Did it look like just about everyone was going to get what they wanted?

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 07:47 PM
I'll find out how the Apple Store is doing tomorrow- I forgot to get the AppleCare that I'd planned on while at Best Buy, so I'm planning on stopping by to get it and see how they're doing and see what interesting accessories they have that Best Buy didn't.

I know as I was leaving with mine (I was about 4th in line) there were two guys walking out angrily as apparently the store had run out of the model they'd wanted.

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
Man, did i have an ordeal. I first started out waiting in line at Hamburg BB and came out empty handed by about 5 people. 2nd, I went to Nicholasville Walmart and had them call me if the one I wanted sold. It sold right before I pulled in. Headed to Fayette Mall, waited in line there for an hour and a half. Only had wifi+3g left. I was pulling my hair out at this point. I just made all the wrong decisions. anyone know if they will have anything in stock tomorrow? Or should i just order online?

Ashyukun
Mar 11, 2011, 09:22 PM
Man, did i have an ordeal. I first started out waiting in line at Hamburg BB and came out empty handed by about 5 people. 2nd, I went to Nicholasville Walmart and had them call me if the one I wanted sold. It sold right before I pulled in. Headed to Fayette Mall, waited in line there for an hour and a half. Only had wifi 3g left. I was pulling my hair out at this point. I just made all the wrong decisions. anyone know if they will have anything in stock tomorrow? Or should i just order online?

I think that the Apple Store was supposed to be getting in shipments fairly continuously, so it might be worth trying again tomorrow. You may consider swinging by the South Park BB on the way, or seeing if they're showing up in their inventory online for pickup at the store.

Unfortunately I may not be heading over there until late afternoon so may not be able to get any useful info before you'd be heading over.

jeepguru
Mar 11, 2011, 09:58 PM
I think that the Apple Store was supposed to be getting in shipments fairly continuously, so it might be worth trying again tomorrow. You may consider swinging by the South Park BB on the way, or seeing if they're showing up in their inventory online for pickup at the store.

Unfortunately I may not be heading over there until late afternoon so may not be able to get any useful info before you'd be heading over.

Appreciate the reply!! I will try the apple store in the morning.

Ashyukun
Mar 12, 2011, 11:57 AM
Appreciate the reply!! I will try the apple store in the morning.

Just left the Apple Store, and they said they sold out again today almost immediately- so hopefully you were there early enough to get one!

One disappointing thing I've found is there aren't any full cases yet that really fit them- but that will just take time to change since it has after all only been out for less than a day. :p

jeepguru
Mar 12, 2011, 08:20 PM
Just left the Apple Store, and they said they sold out again today almost immediately- so hopefully you were there early enough to get one!

One disappointing thing I've found is there aren't any full cases yet that really fit them- but that will just take time to change since it has after all only been out for less than a day. :p

I stopped by at 10 and they said they were getting a shipment in at 12. I showed up about 15 minutes til 12 and there were about 35 people in line. I got my 32GB Black Wifi, which is what I wanted. Very happy, especially after yesterday.