PDA

View Full Version : My Planned Case Setup

shakeman0
Mar 8, 2011, 07:10 AM
Alright, I think I formulated the right case plan for me. I'll be purchasing a Smart Cover this Friday, going backless for around a month or until Gelaskins releases their iPad 2 designs, and then purchase a Gelaskin for the back of the iPad! I think the Smart Cover will actually look pretty nice with a Gelaskin and the skin adds a great bit of character/uniqueness to the device. Thoughts?

Itsmemalloy
Mar 8, 2011, 07:49 AM
Alright, I think I formulated the right case plan for me. I'll be purchasing a Smart Cover this Friday, going backless for around a month or until Gelaskins releases their iPad 2 designs, and then purchase a Gelaskin for the back of the iPad! I think the Smart Cover will actually look pretty nice with a Gelaskin and the skin adds a great bit of character/uniqueness to the device. Thoughts?

I think that sounds like a plan. I def like the red leather Smart Cover (and that is what I'll be getting Friday) but not sure how it will go with some of the GelaSkins. I've had a ton of those for 3gs and iP4. Hope they will come out with a few new designs for iP2.

firteen888
Mar 8, 2011, 08:49 AM
I wonder how the Gelaskin will look on the back with the speaker grill and all.

Brandon083
Mar 8, 2011, 09:09 AM
I'm thinking something similar except I will probably go with a Lucky Labs Teksure skin for the back depending on how they deal with the smart-cover and new speaker opening.

DS3
Mar 8, 2011, 09:28 AM
I have not kept up with case stuff for anything and hadnt heard of gelaskin before.

As something of a digital artist i love it, I'm definitely going with a custom one of those for back scratch protection and I'll just get some cheap sleeve or case to put it in while its not in use.

shakeman0
Mar 8, 2011, 10:13 AM
Hmmm it will be interesting to see how they deal with the speaker grill. I emailed them yesterday and received a response saying they will be releasing an iPad 2 specific design within the next few weeks.