PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 Launch: Miami, FL

Yanet22787
Mar 8, 2011, 07:39 AM
Where will you be waiting?

Aventura, Dadeland, The Falls, or Lincoln Rd. They are all within half an hour, which one do you think will have less people?

DrNessa
Mar 8, 2011, 12:18 PM
I'll be at The Falls.. probably an hour before launch this Friday. :)

OneMike
Mar 11, 2011, 09:05 AM
My plan is to pass by Dadeland as I'll be coming off the palmetto. If lines are long there I'll check Target and BestBuy up the block on the way to the falls.

Wonder how the lines will be there.

Mike84
Mar 11, 2011, 01:21 PM
Dadeland does not have the 16gb 3G in both white and black. Was just informed.

DrNessa
Mar 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm at the falls location. The line is HUGE, I'd say at least 150 people. I'm lingering around(having early dinner at TGIF) with the hope that they'll have some left over after the crowd goes in.

OneMike
Mar 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
Dadeland does have the 3G at least in white.

I have somebody in line for me.

They gave out tickets. They got the last 16GB white 3G and last 16GB white wifi ticket.

There is a long line.

At least I'm set though so happy about that

OneMike
Mar 11, 2011, 06:35 PM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1896/img0109x.jpg (http://img845.imageshack.us/i/img0109x.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Looks like not much interest in the Miami area. I got mine picked up at Dadeland, but at 6 bestbuy on kendall wasn't really crowded so check there if you're in the area.

Miamitreo
Mar 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
Was at the Falls, about 400 or so in line at 5pm...I ended up with 2 Black 32GB Wifi only. I wanted A 32 blk att +wifi... Oh well I'll probably sell these and just wait for an online order Sigh

a17inchFuture
Mar 12, 2011, 07:57 AM
gonna try lincoln road at opening today (Sat). I called last night at 9:45pm and the woman said they still had the model I wanted (64gb black wifi), but she highly doubted they would have it today, as they were open to midnight.

If i get there and they're sold out, Im gonna be pissed.... Not only is it advertised NOWHERE that they had extended hours yesterday, but calling and listening to the hours nets you the same hours, which means I guess I should have just intuited the fact theyd be open longer than normal ... and if people randomly walking by on lincoln road near midnight got one that should have been mine this morning, Im gonna be pissed.

EDIT: there was a line of 60+ when i got there 20 minutes before opening ... guy came out about 10 minutes before opening to announce what units theyd sold out of ... basically all white wifi and ATT models... He even said they had PLENTY of the black wifi models ... half the people got out of line at that point, so i was maybe 30th ... by the time i got to the front of the line, literally when i was next in line, they announced theyd sold out of the model i wanted (64gb black wifi) and after selling out of the 16 gb version five minutes earlier ... "plenty" my ass....

Ferpaula
Apr 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hello, Im going to Miami in two weeks, and I want to buy two IPAD2.
Where I find more easily (the best place to find)?
Thanks!