PDA

View Full Version : ipad 2 compatible with the ipad (1) keyboard dock?

macachia
Mar 8, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi, any idea if the ipad 2 will be compatible with the ipad (1) keyboard dock?

Cheers!

rkdiddy
Mar 8, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi, any idea if the ipad 2 will be compatible with the ipad (1) keyboard dock?

Cheers!

My (semi-educated) guess, would be yes. However, should you use it - no. The Apple store lists a new iPad 2 dock (coming soon) so I'm guessing a new keyboard dock will be coming soon as well. My concern would be the weight of the iPad would snap off or damage the connector. Not really an issue with a light/small iPhone (using the universal dock), but with a heavier/larger iPad, not worth the risk IMHO. :cool:

ecschwarz
Mar 8, 2011, 01:06 PM
The Apple store lists a new iPad 2 dock (coming soon) so I'm guessing a new keyboard dock will be coming soon as well.

I think Apple is getting away from the keyboard dock - they have photos of the new regular dock, but no mention of the keyboard dock at all. I think Apple wants people to move to dock + bluetooth keyboard instead (can they map the F-keys then?)

Chupa Chupa
Mar 8, 2011, 03:27 PM
I say this somewhat tongue in cheek but knowing Apple they probably chipped the iPad 2 so it wouldn't work with any iPad 1 dock accessories. I wouldn't be shocked to see reports of people complaining about getting a "this accessory is not compatible with the iPad 2 device" nag.