Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
My brother Dan wants to get an iBook, I found one for $799 BRAND NEW IN BOX!!!
Here are the specs:

12 inch screen
500mhz
10GB
64mb RAMN
CD-ROM
FireWire
Dual USB
AV out (sound out)
Ethernet
56k Modem

Is it good???

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
nope, not a clamshell!

it's at the Wiz hee hee hee 20% off cuz of store closeing! hee hee, don't buy it before me! :mad: I want to wait till the prices drop more, oh oh! They have a 600mhxz, 40 GB, 128 mb RAM, CD-RW iMac (flowers) for only $675!!! Also they have a 800mhz iMac with SuperDrive for only $1,499! THE WIZ RULES GET UR MAC STUFF THERE! Also PowerBook ComboDrive only $2,000!

I love this country! ;)

300 POSTS! WHOO!

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
some places when theyre going out of business barely put any discounts on stuff, and the crappy puter store my uncle works for (he never buys from there anyways lol) was bought out on friday by a large puter store in town, n the store's closing down, but i doubt they'll sell off the remaining stock for cheaper lol (knowing how much they charge for cruddy puters)

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
about the WEB SITE

Well only some stores are closing, mostly if not all ion NJ and NY. The website is: http://www.thewiz.com but there is nothing on their site... Well we are waiting to see if the iBook will go down a little, besides the iBooks are sort of hidden, because of some sales stickers and since they are behind the counter I think they will be there for another week, there are to of them, the diff is the $799 one has only 10GB HD but the one for $877(i think:rolleyes:) has a 15GB HD and instead of 64 mb of RAM you get 128 mb of RAM ;)

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
$799 for a 12" dual USB 500MHz iBook is an excellent price. My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to find a similar deal at our local MicroCenter some months back. They had the same one you're talking about, as well as the 15 gig 128 MB RAM version for $899. We opted for one each of the bigger models, rather than try to share a Powerbook (which I was looking for at the time) and saved money in the process. Once they sold out, the 700 MHz versions were launched and the price jumped back up to $1200, right about where they are now. Granted, it's tough sometimes to go from my 22" monitor to that little screen when I leave the office, but I couldn't be happier with it.

My advice: Get that iBook before they sell out and pick up a 512 MB chip from someplace like OWC for $125 and you'll be very happy indeed.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.