Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier today, BGR reported that Apple will release iOS 4.3 today, three days ahead of the previously-announced Friday launch date. But according to The Loop, the early release will actually occur tomorrow.
The speculation of iOS coming early seems to be solid, it's just the day that's off. If I were sitting waiting for iOS 4.3 to hit, I'd be ready tomorrow.
Potential support for the notion of a release tomorrow comes from a MacRumors reader who just asked an Apple chat representative about the release and was informed that it will indeed be tomorrow.

123840-ios_4_3_release_chat.jpg

While Apple's sales staff is usually not kept up to date on the company's product and software release plans, it is possible that Apple has provided the information about the upcoming free update in order to assist its customers. Not all chat support representative are offering the same information, however, as one representative we just asked claimed that the release is coming on Friday as originally scheduled.

Regardless, BGR's report claimed a release time of 1:00 PM Eastern / 10:00 AM Pacific today, the company's usual time for iOS releases, so we should know in less than half an hour whether iOS 4.3 is coming today.

Article Link: No iOS 4.3 Until Tomorrow?

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
The rumor came from BGR so I won't be surprised if it doesn't get released today.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
Yep, that's the sound of BGR falling on their faces. And Darren R. just got fired. :D

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
So did his finger slip on the dart he was throwing at the calendar on the board, thereby giving today as the day of release?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You people are adorable.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Dear Darren R,

Welcome to MacRumors...You're famous!!

That being said, I believe it will arrive either today, tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday. You can take that to the bank.

And Darren, you are welcome to quote me on that. ;)

cytoxyn

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2009
Corning, NY
I didn't read to see if this was said, but also if the Apple chat representative was outsourced and it was Thursday there then it would go to reason that it could still be a Friday release.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
I didn't read to see if this was said, but also if the Apple chat representative was outsourced and it was Thursday there then it would go to reason that it could still be a Friday release.

I would really really like to know where on plant Earth this could occur!

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
This was the same guy who told me last week the iPhone 5 was being released. Instead we got the iPad 2. So much for what he knows :p

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

Are there places in the world that are 48 hours apart? Because today is Tuesday, isn't it? Is that even possible?

Edit: smithrh-obviously great minds think alike...yours is faster, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.