PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 2 Launch at BB Greensboro, NC

AppleHead1989
Mar 8, 2011, 12:15 PM
I have never gotten any Apple product on Launch day but I love my IPad so I am pretty sure I will love an IPad 2 which is the reason I want to go get one on Launch day. I want to know if anyone is planning on going to BB in Greensboro to pick up their IPad 2 and your experience if you went to the launch of the IPad at BB. I don't get off until 3pm and I want to make sure I get there in time to get one since I am seeing that BB got 10-15 IPads on launch day which seems unreal to me. Any info would be great.

tcb9289
Mar 11, 2011, 10:36 AM
I haven't gotten an Apple product on launch day before, but my understanding is that because the retail launch is so much larger for the iPad 2 than the original, the process/availability may be quite different. Which model are you shooting for? I'm looking for a 64gb wifi model, so my hope is that the price will deter sales for a couple hours.

I get out of class around 3, and I think I'm going to try the apple store to get one at 5:00 . . .if that fails I'm going to move on to on Lawndale target . . .then Walmart in Asheboro - where I'm unfortunate enough live.

To get back to answering your question, I'd say that depending on the model that you're looking for, BB may or may not be the best bet given their limited stock.

AppleHead1989
Mar 11, 2011, 11:52 AM
I haven't gotten an Apple product on launch day before, but my understanding is that because the retail launch is so much larger for the iPad 2 than the original, the process/availability may be quite different. Which model are you shooting for? I'm looking for a 64gb wifi model, so my hope is that the price will deter sales for a couple hours.

I get out of class around 3, and I think I'm going to try the apple store to get one at 5:00 . . .if that fails I'm going to move on to on Lawndale target . . .then Walmart in Asheboro - where I'm unfortunate enough live.

To get back to answering your question, I'd say that depending on the model that you're looking for, BB may or may not be the best bet given their limited stock.

I am looking for the white 32gb wifi model. I was going to get the 16gb but that will probably be the first to go. I'm not going to the apple store but I would love to know how the line looks over there. I'm sure it is packed.

I just called BB (off of Wendover) about 30 mins ago and they said they have no line so I am pretty sure I can get one today at BB unless a mob of people come before I get off at 3pm.

tcb9289
Mar 11, 2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I think I'm actually going to Target first . . .I've heard that some targets have started handing out vouchers already. It would be great to get a voucher and then just wander around. I think you're probably right about 16gb selling out first. Good Luck! If I'm unsuccessful you may see me at BB too.

AppleHead1989
Mar 11, 2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I think I'm actually going to Target first . . .I've heard that some targets have started handing out vouchers already. It would be great to get a voucher and then just wander around. I think you're probably right about 16gb selling out first. Good Luck! If I'm unsuccessful you may see me at BB too.

Really? It's about 30 people over here. And good luck to you too. Hopefully we both get lucky and get the model we want.

tcb9289
Mar 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
Target on lawndale got 5...all 3G 32 GB models. I actually ended up at the apple store around 3:30...I at the front door by 5:30. The line was pretty short when I got there, but by 5 it was wrapped all thecwayvaround and behind the building.

I guess I got lucky...I hope you did!

AppleHead1989
Mar 12, 2011, 09:01 AM
Yea I heard Charlotte Target only had 5 too and yea I got the 32gb white like I wanted. They came out and passed out tickets at 4:30 but there were still a lot of people waiting in line without a ticket. I'm sure there were a lot of angry people. The line was wrapped around the building I'm glad I came when I did because it started to pick up around 3:30. But Launch day is over not so I'm hoping cases start coming out on Amazin because I refused to buy one in the store.

deancast
Mar 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
What and where is BB? Is anyone aware of a place that has 16Gb or 32Gb iPad 2 available in the Greensboro area?