PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Create Wifi Network? (Internet Sharing)

Mar 8, 2011, 06:51 PM
I have a clean install of Lion which has until about an hour ago been absolutely perfect. I was just wondering if this is an isolated issue or a general one.

I cannot internet share from Ethernet to Wifi, rather infuriating as I use my iPhone as a remote for a lot of programs.

Could some other users on 10.7 give this a quick go and see if a network is actually created and can be connected to via another device e.g. iPhone?

On a side note, I found that a clean install performed a lot better than an upgrade from Snow Leopard.

Cheers, Matt

VolceOntra
Mar 8, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah it's a bug w/ this system. It's not working for anyone.

Hydramus
Mar 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
Internet Sharing is working for me on Lion.

At first, tried it via the menu bar icon but that didn't work for me. So I went to the Sharing preference pane in System Preferences and found that some settings weren't set for Internet Sharing. Filled in the necessary details and works fine now :).

Mar 10, 2011, 06:55 AM
Internet Sharing is working for me on Lion.

At first, tried it via the menu bar icon but that didn't work for me. So I went to the Sharing preference pane in System Preferences and found that some settings weren't set for Internet Sharing. Filled in the necessary details and works fine now :).

What settings did you change?

Hydramus
Mar 10, 2011, 01:50 PM
What settings did you change?

It wasn't so much change, it was more like set up. I just specified which connection to share and then selected WiFi for "To computers using:"

Apr 5, 2011, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know if this is cleared up in DP2?