Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Komentra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
I got the latest version of iTunes (10.2.1) and have iOS 4.3 GM installed on my iPod Touch 4g and Home Sharing is working fantastic however I've noticed whenever I rate a song on the iPod touch it doesn't carry over to iTunes nor does play counts.

Anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? I even have this checked: http://screencast.com/t/qzSvdLiR1Tc

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Is this setting on?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 10.18.34 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 10.18.34 PM.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 4,003

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
Once upon a time....... I read that song ratings and play counts are not transferred between device and iTunes.

This may have since been changed, but I haven't heard or read that.

Komentra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Once upon a time....... I read that song ratings and play counts are not transferred between device and iTunes.

This may have since been changed, but I haven't heard or read that.

I'm not so sure about ratings but play counts are suppose to since there is a option for turning it on within iTunes as seen above.

Komentra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
I had iOS 4.3 GM but thought maybe there was a issue with it and just restored my iPod with the official 4.3 release and that didn't seem to rectify the problem. :(

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
Same problem here. From the looks of the Apple support forum, there are a few others experiencing the same problem (although there aren't many posts, and I think one of those is yours). Looks like Apple has some wrinkles to iron out of 10.2.1. or 4.3.

Komentra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Same problem here. From the looks of the Apple support forum, there are a few others experiencing the same problem (although there aren't many posts, and I think one of those is yours). Looks like Apple has some wrinkles to iron out of 10.2.1. or 4.3.

Yep one of those posts is mine and it certainly seems as if it's a bug. Hopefully they remedy it sooner, kind of a weird bug to make it through to release.

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
Just noticed this was in the iPod touch forum. To clarify, I'm experiencing the problem on an iPhone 4 and an iPad. We can determine it's not product specific. :)

Last edited:

metalboy4

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
I am having same issue, iPhone 4, homesharing not playcounts. Tried Windows 7 and an XP machine as well with all the latest software. Has anyone been able to confirm that it is working for someone or is this really a bug. I can't really believe that released it with this failure.

Komentra

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
I am having same issue, iPhone 4, homesharing not playcounts. Tried Windows 7 and an XP machine as well with all the latest software. Has anyone been able to confirm that it is working for someone or is this really a bug. I can't really believe that released it with this failure.

I have a topic about this over on the apple forums and not a single person is confirming that this works.
Tried it on OS X & Windows and nada.

gakuran hitori

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2008
Has anyone been able to get this to work? I thought it might be a bug but it wasn't fixed even in the latest version. My itunes library is located on my iMac and I'm streaming from my Macbook Pro. It's not updating playcounts on the iMac even though the box is checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.