PDA

View Full Version : Treegloo Cases

Pages : [1] 2

Lady Arwen
Mar 9, 2011, 05:30 AM
Does anyone have a treegloo case? I'm considering getting one, once they come out with the iPad 2 version, because of the cost differential between it and the DoDo case. How does the treegloo case hold up? Does it scratch the iPad? Protect the iPad?

mc-hokie
Mar 9, 2011, 05:56 PM
I ordered one for first gen iPad from Treegloo last week. Should arrive next week. Order process and email response from them has been outstanding.

I can post a review when it arrives.

Lady Arwen
Mar 9, 2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your reply. I actually splurged and went with the Dodo case (which I liked more). Treegloo doesn't have iPad 2 cases yet, either, but Dodo does... so that went into my decision. So I don't need to know about Treegloo anymore, but maybe others do... ?

Lucyolive
Mar 22, 2011, 02:47 PM
I bought one in December 2010. Maybe it was the holidays, but mine took almost a month to arrive. Also, after a month, the edge of the paper lining was peeling back. I took a photo and emailed them...no response. I will never buy another case from them again.

As7eroidS
Mar 30, 2011, 06:40 AM
I bought one in December 2010. Maybe it was the holidays, but mine took almost a month to arrive. Also, after a month, the edge of the paper lining was peeling back. I took a photo and emailed them...no response. I will never buy another case from them again.

aww that sux

Xultar
Mar 30, 2011, 06:50 AM
Wow...ok...now my head is spinning. They were my backup:confused:To the Portenzo.

My smart cover is really getting on my last nerve. I'm itchin for a book case but I only want to order the right case once. I don't want to buy multiple cases. I hate wasting money. :mad:

MacDaddy08
Mar 30, 2011, 07:17 AM
Do the Treegloo cases act as a smart cover type case also? Like the Portenzo and Octavo do?

I'm seriously considering this case, I love all the customizable options.

Steviejobz
Mar 30, 2011, 07:35 AM
Do the Treegloo cases act as a smart cover type case also? Like the Portenzo and Octavo do?

I'm seriously considering this case, I love all the customizable options.

yes, they all have smart cover capability.

Domdog31
Mar 30, 2011, 08:00 AM
I got an email within minutes of emailing Treegloo, seriously. In fact they told me it would ship next week - and offered me a different option in the wood. They are going to be offering a dark wood option -

I ordered:
Frame Finish: Ebony with Accent
Accent: Brown Suede
Cover Color: Avast Arr-nge (+)
Liner Color: Indy Adventure
Liner Type: Cloth with Camera Port

I figure the dark wood would suit the brown case better than the black so I asked them to switch to dark wood

blueridge
Mar 30, 2011, 08:17 AM
wife ordered treeglow.. we still have 2 preorders with portenzo.. and im gonna order a pad and quill today.. i will review each and then compare them on my youtube channel whenever they arrive.. i just need a moleskine case

route42nj
Mar 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
I really like the look of these cases (although they aren't leather like the Portenzo).

I really like the maps inside but I'm concerned they may rip or break down easier than the colored liners they offer.

Hmmm...I may be in for one. I'm gonna need a sleek, understated counterpart to my Colcasac (once that eventually arrives).

benjayman2
Mar 30, 2011, 02:01 PM
Just some reviews to ease peoples' minds
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/16532-review-treegloo-customisable-moleskine-style-ipad-case.html
http://www.seeingthemoment.com/photoblog/2010/11/14/my-favourite-ipad-case.html

BTW their customer service is ridiculously awesome. I sent them a question about the dimensions of their new ipad 2 case (FYI 10.2" L x 8.2" W x 0.8" D) at 2:30am and she responded 5 mins later. I also wanted a custom liner on mine and I knew before hand by looking their facebook page that they recommend photos in the 5000x3000 range for best quality. She appreciated that I knew the requirements ahead of time and said that it would not be a problem to use the photo I gave them. I asked if she could send me a paypal request and told me that she would send it in a few hours since it was a little past 3am when I finished my order.

My order:
A2N10GR-X-Apple iPad 2; Natural Frame, Black Suede Accent; Galactic Gray Cover; Camera Port
CUST-Custom Liner - Client Provided Artwork

I'm astonished by their customer service, which may or may not be because they are under the radar (right now), but I don't care the reason. The fact that their team answered my email at an ungodly hour speaks volumes to me. I would have been just as happy with them replying a few hours later at a normal non insomniac time :D

Here is the photo I chose if anyone is interested. They weren't able to remove the text, but it didn't really matter to me because 1) it's behind the iPad and 2)Dubphonics sounds cool :p

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1433/mistyroadlogo1.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/mistyroadlogo1.jpg/)

Now do I cancel my 23 1/2 from portenzo or not. Have nothing against them I know they are swamped and was more than willing to wait, but maybe white on white and just a little too much. I kind of like the understated options I chose with my treegloo and I'm also not worried about the mic port being closed up (I emailed Portenzo about that but they never got back to me) Anyway I hope this long drawn-out post was somewhat informative. I'll try to keep my character count down next time ;)

route42nj
Mar 30, 2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/16532-review-treegloo-customisable-moleskine-style-ipad-case.html

BTW their customer service is ridiculously awesome. I sent them a question about the dimensions of their new ipad 2 case (FYI 10.2" L x 8.2" W x 0.8" D) at 2:30am and she responded 5 mins later. I also wanted a custom liner on mine and I knew before hand by looking their facebook page that they recommend photos in the 5000x3000 range for best quality. She appreciated that I knew the requirements ahead of time and said that it would not be a problem to use the photo I gave them. I asked if she could send me a paypal request and told me that she would send it in a few hours since it was a little past 3am when I finished my order.

My order:
A2N10GR-X-Apple iPad 2; Natural Frame, Black Suede Accent; Galactic Gray Cover; Camera Port

I'm astonished by their customer service, which may or may not be because they are under the radar (right now), but I don't care the reason. The fact that their team answered my email at an ungodly hour speaks volumes to me. I would have been just as happy with them replying a few hours later at a normal non insomniac time :D

Here is the photo I chose if anyone is interested. They weren't able to remove the text, but it didn't really matter to me because 1) it's behind the iPad and 2)Dubphonics sounds cool :p

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1433/mistyroadlogo1.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/mistyroadlogo1.jpg/)

Now do I cancel my 23 1/2 from portenzo or not. Have nothing against them I know they are swamped and was more than willing to wait, but maybe white on white and just a little too much. I kind of like the understated options I chose with my treegloo and I'm also not worried about the mic port being closed up (I emailed Portenzo about that but they never got back to me) Anyway I hope this long drawn-out post was somewhat informative. I'll try to keep my character count down next time ;)

Those reviews just got them a purchase from me. Question for you though, I'm in the ordering process and I do not see an option for your own artwork. Where do you add that?

Aqua Bliss
Mar 30, 2011, 02:17 PM
I can prob remove the text for you if you give me the high res image.

benjayman2
Mar 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
Those reviews just got them a purchase from me. Question for you though, I'm in the ordering process and I do not see an option for your own artwork. Where do you add that?

I didn't see one either so i emailed them my order and artwork and asked them to just give me a paypal payment request.

@aqua bliss if you could pm me your address I'll send you the file asap. Hopefully I can give it them in time. They said they would send me a proof first so I think I have enough time to give them an edited one. I really appreciate it :)

route42nj
Mar 30, 2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Benjayman!

You weren't kidding about the customer service there, either. They reply within an hour and are very kind!

This is exactly the kind of business I want my money going to.

Now the hard part, picking all the colors and style. ;)

Steviejobz
Mar 30, 2011, 02:51 PM
Nice review. Definitely like all the options.

I have an Octavo coming and if there is anything wrong with at all, I'm going to Treegloo. Right now hard to justify owning two of these types of cases.

bigwinnerx
Mar 30, 2011, 03:35 PM
Wasn't immediately interested in these guys but the pine and the ability to have the London tube map is nice. That map is vintage though, just FYI. Looks like a tube map from 1960 (No Victoria line).

fnbdave
Mar 30, 2011, 08:08 PM
how much extra was the custom photo?

route42nj
Mar 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
how much extra was the custom photo?

They quoted me 15 extra for a custom liner.

MacDaddy08
Mar 30, 2011, 08:34 PM
I ordered mine and my wife's Treegloo cases today. I agree with the excellent customer service. I ordered 2 cases and because there is no option to combine the order I had to place 2 separate orders and paid 2x shipping.

Literally within 5 MINUTES of placing the order someone from Treegloo contacted me via email asking if they were both to the same address and said they would refund one of the shipping charges if so. I said yes and they refunded it within 10 minutes, I didn't even have to ask, they took the initiative.

Definitely can't wait to get my case in:
Natural frame
Mad Midnight cover
Cloth lining with cam port - Leader Orange
GO GATORS!!

My wife went with the same for hers except she has the Hot Wasabi cover and Powderpuff Pink inside.

route42nj
Mar 30, 2011, 09:06 PM
I just placed an order for:

Frame Finish: Natural with Accent
Accent: Brown Suede
Cover Color: Epic Black
Liner Color: Lantern Green
Liner Type: Cloth

I'm looking forward to this case - looks awesome.

RA19
Mar 30, 2011, 09:10 PM
Ordered my Treegloo today - espresso brown leather with ebony frame & brown suede accent; pale blue cloth lining & rear camera cut-out. Fast reply to questions I had about my order & helpfully sent me links to photos on their Facebook site.
Can't wait!! :)

glen e
Mar 30, 2011, 10:56 PM
Gonna give my portenzo to my brother when it comes in - the ebony frame is the reason for switch for me, not any shipping problems with the portenzo -

I ordered:
Frame Finish: Ebony
Cover Color: Killer red

already heard from them in an email - asked for internal flap for docs - no go - and poss of doing liner in 3M carbon fiber - again no go, but they liked the idea for future...

Steviejobz
Mar 31, 2011, 11:11 AM
They said new closure options are coming next week

route42nj
Mar 31, 2011, 11:26 AM
They said new closure options are coming next week

Hmmm...I'll stick with my current order and look at the reviews when the new methods are shipped. If the quality is as good as what other people have said I'll be more than happy to order another case and give my old one away.

iCarbons had similarly good customer service. I've been impressed with TreeGloo and iCarbons customer service and disappointed with Colcasac.

blueridge
Mar 31, 2011, 11:29 AM
yah my wife also said they have a white option.. which is what she is looking for to go with her white ipad.. since no response from portenzo about changing our order.. she decided to go this route.. that slide for the camera.. have to see that they said they will put pics up soon.. atleast they are communicating back and forth..

Steviejobz
Mar 31, 2011, 11:34 AM
Are you guys also thinking about getting a dock? I was considering getting it so I could dock it while at work but I'm not too sure about having to pry the ipad in and out of these cases each day. Sometimes its nice to have standing and charging while at the office.

blueridge
Mar 31, 2011, 11:35 AM
i bet u could find some book holder once you get it into the case and use the included charging cable..

also.. portenzo thread was just locked.. DOH

Steviejobz
Mar 31, 2011, 11:36 AM
also.. Portenzo thread was just locked.. Doh

finally!

blueridge
Mar 31, 2011, 11:37 AM
finally!

lol i guess they will prob lock the other 'review' thread too.. portenzo wont be able to answer questions.. or will they? hmm.. the world may never know :D

route42nj
Mar 31, 2011, 11:40 AM
Are you guys also thinking about getting a dock? I was considering getting it so I could dock it while at work but I'm not too sure about having to pry the ipad in and out of these cases each day. Sometimes its nice to have standing and charging while at the office.

I looked at the Apple dock. I have a dock for my Blackberry and its awesome being able to slip in on easily for a charge and not having to fiddle around with plugging the cable in. Of course the BB dock uses metal contacts whereas the iPad dock still needs to be "plugged". That being said I'm certainly still interested in some kind of dock.

I'm really trying to comb through these threads and figure out which accessories I need, This is my first Apple purchase so this technology is new to me. As a Microsoft engineer it was blasphemy for me to purchase this iPad but I love it. :)

blueridge
Mar 31, 2011, 11:46 AM
I looked at the Apple dock. I have a dock for my Blackberry and its awesome being able to slip in on easily for a charge and not having to fiddle around with plugging the cable in. Of course the BB dock uses metal contacts whereas the iPad dock still needs to be "plugged". That being said I'm certainly still interested in some kind of dock.

I'm really trying to comb through these threads and figure out which accessories I need, This is my first Apple purchase so this technology is new to me. As a Microsoft engineer it was blasphemy for me to purchase this iPad but I love it. :)

lol blasphemy.. well i join you then.. i repair 'computers' daily mostly windows but i do get macs in for repairs.. and the ipad 2 is my first apple purchase as new.. i do have a macmini and old power g3 that were given to me over the years :)

As7eroidS
Mar 31, 2011, 11:49 AM
why didnt Treegloo include a white cover? hmm

route42nj
Mar 31, 2011, 11:50 AM
I should probably start a new thread :)

I've seen you can print wirelessly, connect to speakers (?) and some other things with the iPad but I have not the foggiest as to how to do it or what hardware I need.

My first concern was to protect this thing. The TreeGloo is gonna be sweet!

deathcab4xtina
Mar 31, 2011, 01:06 PM
It's still open...

blueridge
Mar 31, 2011, 01:14 PM
why didnt Treegloo include a white cover? hmm

they said there is one avail.. pics coming on their fb page.. my wife is considering it

gus6464
Mar 31, 2011, 02:01 PM
Just ordered mine Wasabi Green with orange cloth interior. I'll post pics when I get it as well.

blueridge
Mar 31, 2011, 02:09 PM
Just ordered mine Wasabi Green with orange cloth interior. I'll post pics when I get it as well.

sweet.. hopefully my wife will get hers in the newer colors..

prisoner6
Mar 31, 2011, 03:34 PM
Has anyone seen a picture of what the camera port looks like? I understand its not just a cutout, but has a sliding cover?

todd03blown
Mar 31, 2011, 04:00 PM
They just posted some more pictures on their Facebook page.

Aqua Bliss
Mar 31, 2011, 05:00 PM
They just posted some more pictures on their Facebook page.

HECK YA, Dark Chocolate Wood Finish looks amazing...!

Domdog31
Mar 31, 2011, 05:43 PM
Just another +1 for their customer service. I emailed the order department on an order I placed a few days ago - they responded in under 5 minutes. Thats something that goes a long way.

I really am eager to get this case as much if not more as the "(P)" case that ive been waiting on...

benjayman2
Mar 31, 2011, 09:37 PM
The white with black frame looks insane. Must resist changing my order.

robbyneal
Mar 31, 2011, 10:41 PM
Just ordered from treegloo after portenzo has failed me! Let's hope they ship soon

TimTheEnchanter
Mar 31, 2011, 10:59 PM
Looking at the iPad 2 frame design, seems there's no speaker opening or am I missing something? The iPad 1 design has the whole bottom edge exposed. I really like this book too (ordering a P&Q Octavo for my wife) and want to order one with the new dark chocolate frame, but curious about sound on this case.

blueridge
Apr 1, 2011, 07:18 AM
my wife loves the white.. she already changed her order over to that.. :D

MacDaddy08
Apr 1, 2011, 07:20 AM
I hope people are going to post pics as their Treegloo cases come in.

I plan to post pics of both of mine when they come in for people to compare.

MacDaddy08
Apr 1, 2011, 07:27 AM
How do you think a full body protective skin would work with the Treegloo? I just have a screen protector ordered because I thought the back skin might interfere with it fitting into the case but has anyone had any experience with this?

glen e
Apr 1, 2011, 07:36 AM
How do you think a full body protective skin would work with the Treegloo? I just have a screen protector ordered because I thought the back skin might interfere with it fitting into the case but has anyone had any experience with this?

My take is any thin back skin that leaves the edges alone like an icarbon will not have a problem with any of these cases. They are not thick enuf to make a diff. Now a BSE that goes to the full extreme edge will have problems going in and out and will peel due to the abrasion of that edge.

I should have a treegloo next week and will take pics...

blueridge
Apr 1, 2011, 11:04 AM
I hope people are going to post pics as their Treegloo cases come in.

I plan to post pics of both of mine when they come in for people to compare.

yep.. pics and video review then comparison.. i have the pad and quill coming.. my wife the treeglow in white.. and then we have 2 orders at portenzo whenever they come in.. so much for a 'pre-order' if people who ordered on the 23rd already got theirs.. :rolleyes:

cruisn76
Apr 1, 2011, 01:47 PM
In this picture on the website, it shows the front cover can be bent all the way to the back, but the picture shows the kindle. Will that be the case for iPad 2 case? One has to question how many times that can be done before the binding starts to really loosen up and break

http://treegloo.com/images/gallery/61.jpg

MacDaddy08
Apr 1, 2011, 01:51 PM
You would think they would plan for that type of thing. Since all cases designed like that bend all the way back I don't think it will be an issue.

comixster
Apr 1, 2011, 02:00 PM
In this picture on the website, it shows the front cover can be bent all the way to the back, but the picture shows the kindle. Will that be the case for iPad 2 case? One has to question how many times that can be done before the binding starts to really loosen up and break

http://treegloo.com/images/gallery/61.jpg

saw a comment in another site from a user that it broke when tried to do that...he was referring to the ipad v1 version though...not sure if they have already fixed that for the ipad 2

kimnicho
Apr 1, 2011, 02:59 PM
I am in a semi-panic mode as my white Ipad is now naked :eek:. I put my not-so-smart blue cover in the mail today, shipping it back to Apple. I need a SOLID case ASAP and so far, this is the forerunner as I have read about the "smell" on Yaoboo(sp?) cases. I am Asian but I am worried about maybe it is the chemical they spray on there that causes that? Has anyone seen one in person? Am debating between the "classic" combo of black cover, red liner, and bamboo OR red cover, ebony wood, and white lining...which one do you think would looks the sharpest?

kschles
Apr 1, 2011, 04:42 PM
I am in a semi-panic mode as my white Ipad is now naked :eek:. I put my not-so-smart blue cover in the mail today, shipping it back to Apple. I need a SOLID case ASAP and so far, this is the forerunner as I have read about the "smell" on Yaoboo(sp?) cases. I am Asian but I am worried about maybe it is the chemical they spray on there that causes that? Has anyone seen one in person? Am debating between the "classic" combo of black cover, red liner, and bamboo OR red cover, ebony wood, and white lining...which one do you think would looks the sharpest?

I think both combos you list would look pretty good. I'm waiting for the red cover, ebony wood (with red suede accent) and gray lining. Just a matter of personal preference. I've got a Yaoboo as a stopgap case (from an e-bay seller with very quick delivery). It's not bad, and works pretty well, but does have the chemical smell (after several days).

kimnicho
Apr 1, 2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks ! I appreciate your feedback. Also, their CS is top-notch. They responded to my emails w/in 15-20 mins (1 w/in 5) and will email me a close-up pic of the red cover.

I think both combos you list would look pretty good. I'm waiting for the red cover, ebony wood (with red suede accent) and gray lining. Just a matter of personal preference. I've got a Yaoboo as a stopgap case (from an e-bay seller with very quick delivery). It's not bad, and works pretty well, but does have the chemical smell (after several days).

Skidadle
Apr 1, 2011, 10:56 PM
I ordered a portenzo case for my IPad 2 after going through several reviews. I was ready to order the DoDo case until I read the reviews.

I ordered my case 12 days ago. I have no idea when to expect it. Customer service has been almost non existent. They dont respond to inquires. It appears that once they have your order repeat business is not a priority. If you notice, the online chat option is always off. I'm sorry I went with protenzo. I've not seen the product yet, but based on their service my expectations are significantly diminished!

My order:

blueridge
Apr 2, 2011, 07:31 AM
my wife already said i could do unboxing video.. and pics.. etc.. before she gets it so i will post.. i have a Pad and quill coming too.. as well as portenzo.. will do review and compare each too

Jhutchings
Apr 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
I have one ordered also. Along with Dodocase Portenzo pad and quill. Can't wait to get all of them to play with.

rubdom
Apr 3, 2011, 11:47 PM
Cancelled my Portenzo after they didn't respond to my emails. I ordered a Treegloo. They respond within mins to my questions.

AztecKing
Apr 4, 2011, 12:17 AM
I couldn't find anything on their website that shows or talks about how they address the speaker for the iPad 2 case. Any ideas?

outphase
Apr 4, 2011, 12:39 AM
I couldn't find anything on their website that shows or talks about how they address the speaker for the iPad 2 case. Any ideas?

A cutout for speakers is not necessary on our frames. The rubber creates a small gap between the case and the iPad 2 to direct the sound, and in fact, the solid wood gives the speakers a richer tone.
From their Facebook page.

AztecKing
Apr 4, 2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks!

inf
Apr 4, 2011, 07:11 AM
I wonder how well the White model will hold dirt and wear compared to the black ones?

I guess that "dirt and smudges" will show much easier on the white one than on the black/darker colors, right?

Just thinking of a good colors for a white ipad2, any suggestions? :P

glen e
Apr 4, 2011, 07:14 AM
I wonder how well the White model will hold dirt and wear compared to the black ones?

I guess that "dirt and smudges" will show much easier on the white one than on the black/darker colors, right?

Just thinking of a good colors for a white ipad2, any suggestions? :P

killer red - really sets off both black and white ipads.... I should have some pics avail by wed of this week...

inf
Apr 4, 2011, 07:16 AM
killer red - really sets off both black and white ipads.... I should have some pics avail by wed of this week...

what kind of "setup" did you get?

glen e
Apr 4, 2011, 07:35 AM
what kind of "setup" did you get?

for black ipad:
Frame Finish: Ebony
Cover Color: Killer red

r6girl
Apr 4, 2011, 10:00 AM
I just ordered a Treegloo case for my iPad 2 today. I'd had both a Portenzo and Dodocase for my iPad 1 and liked them both but I was drawn by the liner prints and frame accents available with Treegloo.

I ordered the following:
- FRAME: Natural with Red Suede Accent
- COVER: Epic Black
- LINER:Classic with Camera Port London

Their site says they ship in 7 - 10 business days. I'll post back here once it arrives.

robbyneal
Apr 4, 2011, 12:52 PM
I can't wait to get mine!

- FRAME:*Dark Chocolate with Red Suede Accent
- COVER:*Unicorn White
- LINER:Classic with Camera Port*Dark Matter

Treegloo has a+ customer service, I just hope their case are as good as the service

kschles
Apr 4, 2011, 03:17 PM
I ordered one on the 28th. According to their Facebook page, these might start shipping on Wed.

Frame: Ebony with Red suede accent
Cover: Killer Red
Lining: Knight Gray, Cloth

glen e
Apr 5, 2011, 05:14 PM
my "setup" will be here tomorrow - will take massive pics and post here - excited to see it...

route42nj
Apr 5, 2011, 05:59 PM
my "setup" will be here tomorrow - will take massive pics and post here - excited to see it...

Sweet!

If you don't mind me asking - when did you place your order and did you receive a shipping notification from Treegloo?

I'm anxious to get mine too...

glen e
Apr 5, 2011, 06:01 PM
Sweet!

If you don't mind me asking - when did you place your order and did you receive a shipping notification from Treegloo?

I'm anxious to get mine too...

about 2 weeks ago and I paid big $$ for overnight shipping as I'm going on a biz trip

EPiD3MiK
Apr 5, 2011, 07:08 PM
about 2 weeks ago and I paid big $$ for overnight shipping as I'm going on a biz trip

Sweet I can't wait for your picture post. Please include packaging! I'm curious how it looks lol

Waiting for mine.

COVER - RED
FRAME - NATURAL w/ Red Lining
LINER - CLOTH "Fantastic Blue" with camera cut out

jeremy3721
Apr 5, 2011, 10:33 PM
Since it's a similar design thought I'd let y'all know I got my Dodo limited edition iPad 2 case today and posted some photos over in the Dodo thread.

gus6464
Apr 6, 2011, 12:44 AM
I am starting to get really anxious waiting for mine to ship but I only ordered last Friday.

Frame: Natural
Cover: Wasabi Green
Liner: Orange cloth

Heavyhitter504
Apr 6, 2011, 01:01 AM
ordered 2 last tuesday..hoping they ship out tomorrow
epic black cover, fantastic blue cloth lining and natural frame
and midnight cover, aluminum falcoln cloth lining and natural frame

MacDaddy08
Apr 6, 2011, 07:12 AM
I ordered 2 Treegloo's last Wednesday evening, still awaiting my shipping response. I'm hoping it will be this week but I understand these things take a little time since every order is custom.

I'm scared to take my iPad out of the house without a case on it though, I haven't even removed the plastic on the front and back yet because I awaiting the case....lol

profbobo
Apr 6, 2011, 07:14 AM
I'm waiting to see their new snaps before I place an order. Hopefully soon; they said this week.

nomar383
Apr 6, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm waiting to see their new snaps before I place an order. Hopefully soon; they said this week.

I'm interested in the new closure design as well. Maybe magnets instead of the strap?

r6girl
Apr 6, 2011, 11:59 AM

Just so you know, Treegloo told me I could change my order (I placed it on Monday morning) later this week after they release the new closure options in this tweet: http://twitter.com/treegloo/status/54942672598740992

Domdog31
Apr 8, 2011, 06:58 AM
My order was delayed because of a shortage of a particular component - Amanda emailed me and said it will just add one day onto the promised ship date but they will upgrade me to overnight shipping at no charge. All of this within a few hours of my email sent to them.

Love the company :D

Heavyhitter504
Apr 8, 2011, 07:17 AM
My order was delayed because of a shortage of a particular component - Amanda emailed me and said it will just add one day onto the promised ship date but they will upgrade me to overnight shipping at no charge. All of this within a few hours of my email sent to them.

Love the company :D

if you don't mind me asking, what was that component?

Domdog31
Apr 8, 2011, 07:36 AM
if you don't mind me asking, what was that component?

Something that had to do with the camera port

MacDaddy08
Apr 8, 2011, 07:37 AM
Just received an email this morning from Treegloo, I didn't even email them inquiring on anything. This is what it said:

"Your cases were on target to ship Friday, however, the aluminum used for the camera port arrived late from our supplier. We mill the aluminum ourselves, as the proper size simply does not exist on the market.

To make up for the lost time, your cases will ship no later than Monday via FedEx 2-Day Air. This will insure you will receive your cases on the day they were expected to arrive.

We apologize for the delay -- if there is anything further we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Warm Regards,

Amanda"

That's what I call good customer service, I should be receiving my cases Wednesday! Can't wait!

Domdog31
Apr 8, 2011, 07:39 AM
Just received an email this morning from Treegloo, I didn't even email them inquiring on anything. This is what it said:

That's what I call good customer service, I should be receiving my cases Wednesday! Can't wait!

^ I got the same email

blueridge
Apr 8, 2011, 10:48 AM
my wife got the same email.. :)

RA19
Apr 8, 2011, 05:59 PM
Same email here with upgraded shipping - & confirmed new rounded corners on my case. Be here soon!

danielsmu
Apr 11, 2011, 08:12 AM
Just a heads up...Treegloo just posted pictures of one of their new latch styles on their Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/treegloo

It's a cloth magnetic latch that is attached to a brushed aluminum piece hidden in the back cover to firmly stabilize the case in landscape mode. Very tempting, though I'm not sure if the cloth strap would become pesky when holding in landscape mode.

Just a heads up for anyone else trying to decide which case to buy (like me).

route42nj
Apr 11, 2011, 09:47 AM
mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! unsure if it will have the rounded corners or the old style though.

r6girl
Apr 11, 2011, 01:16 PM
I just changed my order (placed on April 4) to include the new Kinetic Latch instead of the standard elastic strap. The Kinetic Latch will be a $9.50 option but they offered a discount to make it $5 since I have a current order outstanding with them. They said this option will add another 2 days to production so it may arrive at the end of this week or early next week.

blueridge
Apr 11, 2011, 02:54 PM
anyone get shipping notice.. my wife hasnt gotten any shipping notice email yet..

SmittS
Apr 11, 2011, 05:31 PM
Treegloos's customer service has been amazing. They prompty replied to an inquiry and credited me shipping for an additional Kindle case. They promptly replied to me today about the new latch feature and discounted the addition! If the product matches the level of the service I will be very impressed with this company.

MacDaddy08
Apr 12, 2011, 06:27 AM
My cases were supposed to ship yesterday but I never received a notice and when I received the email about the new latch I emailed them to see if it could be added to both my cases. I haven't heard back from them yet which is strange since they typically respond very quickly. Hopefully I can get the new latch before mine ship.

benjayman2
Apr 12, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mine was going to ship monday, but I told them to hold off until I saw the new latch designs, which I then upgraded to when they posted them around 2:30am my time, so I may not get a shipping notice till tomorrow or thursday, which is fine by me. I must have corresponded almost 50 emails with them, which shows how much they are willing to work for the customer to make things just right. Can't wait to see how my case turns out.

route42nj
Apr 12, 2011, 09:44 AM
My shipping has been updated. I should receive mine tomorrow.

Netcruzer
Apr 12, 2011, 09:55 AM
Too many changes!
I must say, that Treegloo is at the top of my list for a moleskine style iPad 2 case. However, every few days they are changing things, and I'm finding this out from here, not their official website. Doesn't seem proper to me.

Wood frame edge changes, new latch options, etc. Why introduce new latch on facebook? It still isn't an option when building it on the website.

Regarding that 'kinetic latch', can we see a picture of it 'retracted' without an ipad in the case? Does the metal part slide under something, or is it visible inside the frame? Seems like a huge potential for scratching the back of an iPad when pulling/pushing it in/out.

glen e
Apr 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
Too many changes!
I must say, that Treegloo is at the top of my list for a moleskine style iPad 2 case. However, every few days they are changing things, and I'm finding this out from here, not their official website. Doesn't seem proper to me.

Wood frame edge changes, new latch options, etc. Why introduce new latch on facebook? It still isn't an option when building it on the website.

Regarding that 'kinetic latch', can we see a picture of it 'retracted' without an ipad in the case? Does the metal part slide under something, or is it visible inside the frame? Seems like a huge potential for scratching the back of an iPad when pulling/pushing it in/out.

really this is why Facebook book was invented - many websites are managed by outside sources and don't instantly change - but with Facebook you can get the word out immediately....ask there and I'm sure amanda will post up the pics you need

benjayman2
Apr 12, 2011, 10:04 AM
Too many changes!

Well just looking at the pics you can tell that the fabric material covering the latch would be whats in contact with the ipad if at all when retracted. Look at the fifth picture in the album and you will see what I mean. Suede material would be nice for that, but I'm fine with whatever the fabric is tbh.

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 12:49 PM
mine came in today, here are preview pics if you guys have any requests let me know

dgoldak
Apr 12, 2011, 01:47 PM
mine came in today, here are preview pics if you guys have any requests let me know

What are your thoughts on the case? How is the viewing angle when the cover is folder back?

I think the two things that are keeping me from pulling the trigger is the lack of angle with the cover folded back and the added bulk. Basically I love the style and look, but im not sure its as functional as some other cases. I guess I can't have everything :D

I would love to see some more pictures of the black/silver case.

danielsmu
Apr 12, 2011, 02:07 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Did your models use the rounded corners with the single rounded rubber pieces to secure the iPad? If so, how secure are they? Were you brave enough to try a shake test yet?

Can you use the case as a stand in landscape mode? Just curious if I need to spring for the new kinetic latch or not.

Also, what colors did you opt for?

Thanks again and hope you enjoy your new cases!

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 02:07 PM
What are your thoughts on the case? How is the viewing angle when the cover is folder back?

I think the two things that are keeping me from pulling the trigger is the lack of angle with the cover folded back and the added bulk. Basically I love the style and look, but im not sure its as functional as some other cases. I guess I can't have everything :D

I would love to see some more pictures of the black/silver case.

the viewing angles are actually a lot better then i expected....when you usually hear about these types of cases, the manufacturer will say something about it standing well on a 'friction' surface but in the pictures im about to upload my desk is glass and the case stands well. the magnet 'on/off' function works well, doesnt turn off when flipped to the back...

I think the quality is fine, i dont have any messed up stitching, the corners are a lot better then i expected (they seem rounded) etc...no complaints really so far

I've never had a portenzo/p&q/dodo so i cant compare quality, however the fact that the price is so low on these treegloo cases and their customer service really is top-notch i really feel when all of that is factored in that they are one of my new favorite companies

oh and the case with the silver on the inside is actually the 'midnight' navy blue and the inside is "aluminum falcon"....and sorry the pictures suck, all i have is an iphone 4 as a camera

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures!

Did your models use the rounded corners with the single rounded rubber pieces to secure the iPad? If so, how secure are they? Were you brave enough to try a shake test yet?

Can you use the case as a stand in landscape mode? Just curious if I need to spring for the new kinetic latch or not.

Also, what colors did you opt for?

Thanks again and hope you enjoy your new cases!

sorry didntsee your post, the corners with the rubber are posted, they're not as bad as the fellow with the red case (treegloo said they were fixing them and i guess mine were fixed) and they're very secure

passed my shaketest but my definition of "shake" maybe different from all of yalls'

landscape yes, as posted in the pictures

colors were epic black with fantastic blue and midnight w/ aluminumfalcon

Netcruzer
Apr 12, 2011, 02:21 PM
Nice pictures, thank you.

Looks like the build quality has improved a lot since the first few iPad 2 cases.

You didn't buy the 'Accent' suede frame lining? Does the iPad back touch the wood frame, or is it suspended up by the rubber corners?

Is that the card stock liner or linen? Have you bent the cover all the way over yet? Is there any problem doing that, like when typing or holding folded for reading?

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 02:25 PM
Nice pictures, thank you.

Looks like the build quality has improved a lot since the first few iPad 2 cases.

You didn't buy the 'Accent' suede frame lining? Does the iPad back touch the wood frame, or is it suspended up by the rubber corners?

Is that the card stock liner or linen? Have you bent the cover all the way over yet? Is there any problem doing that, like when typing or holding folded for reading?

im impressed with build as well, no suede lining.

from what i see, if the ipad back is touchingthe wooden frame, it's barely touching it but im not sure

It's linen and yes i've bent it over and basically was flapping it back and forth to see if anything happened, no problems yet

glen e
Apr 12, 2011, 02:28 PM
these corner pieces of rubber do look better than mine...(red case) no matter -still very happy... taped it up and gave it a shot of matte black enamel - looks great with no gloss.

dgoldak
Apr 12, 2011, 02:55 PM
Heavyhitter, thanks for the info! How is the angle when it's lying flat with the cover folded back? Also, how how does it feel to hold it with a case while using it. As thin as the iPad is, there isn't much to grip with out a case.

glen e
Apr 12, 2011, 02:59 PM
Heavyhitter, thanks for the info! How is the angle when it's lying flat with the cover folded back? Also, how how does it feel to hold it with a case while using it. As thin as the iPad is, there isn't much to grip with out a case.

it is fairly flat - all these bookcases are - no appreciable angle at all - I'd say half of a smartcover in tilt position...feels fine folded back....

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 03:01 PM

Np, I enjoy it when people answer questions about their cases, so I gladly return the favor.

Regarding that angle, I'd say it's "slightly angled" nothing too substantial.

And it feels nice holding the iPad with the case, a lot different from just using the iPad naked which ive been doing this past month

Oh! Im also using a BSE front & back protector and they don't seem to be peeling. Then again I've only been using the case for ~2-3 hrs

KylePowers
Apr 12, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hmm... whilst I am still on the prowl for the perfect case, I am highly considering a Treegloo.

Anyone have recommendations for a black iPad 2? I was thinking of doing black leather on the cover, natural frame with black suede lining... but I just can't seem to decide on an interior color. And I'm also not sure if the cloth upgrade is worth the extra $10 hmmmm

gus6464
Apr 12, 2011, 03:34 PM
How long has it taken for the recent orders to be shipped to you guys? I placed my order almost 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them except the mass email that was sent about the new magnetic latch and closure options. All my email said was that if I had a current order I could add it for half off but nothing about the status of my order.1

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 03:50 PM
How long has it taken for the recent orders to be shipped to you guys? I placed my order almost 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them except the mass email that was sent about the new magnetic latch and closure options. All my email said was that if I had a current order I could add it for half off but nothing about the status of my order.1

I placed my order on 3/29. I'd contact them via email or Facebook if you havent heard any news

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
Hmm... whilst I am still on the prowl for the perfect case, I am highly considering a Treegloo.

Anyone have recommendations for a black iPad 2? I was thinking of doing black leather on the cover, natural frame with black suede lining... but I just can't seem to decide on an interior color. And I'm also not sure if the cloth upgrade is worth the extra $10 hmmmm

There were past reports that the paper interior ripped, however ive heard the problems have ceased. My only concern was how would the paper hold up if it got wet or something. Other than that you shouldn't have any concerns with the paper interior

glen e
Apr 12, 2011, 03:57 PM
Here's a side angle - not much:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/1df8f576-1.jpg

and on the paper - I will be using mine outside a bit for stock checking - in a sudden rain, I don't want the paper getting stained...

Heavyhitter504
Apr 12, 2011, 04:04 PM
Here's a side angle - not much:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/1df8f576.jpg

and on the paper - I will be using mine outside a bit for stock checking - in a sudden rain, I don't want the paper getting stained...

I like what you did with the frame! Looks awesome. I'm thinking a unicorn white exterior, black strap and all black inside....I'm going to see how these hold up for a few months

glen e
Apr 12, 2011, 04:22 PM
I think a triple black case would be nice - and with a black ipad the screen would jump out at you - black outer and inner, with black matte frame. Spraying the frames are easy - I may spray my portenzo or octavo when I get them:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/gersly123/3727ec1e.jpg

benjayman2
Apr 12, 2011, 05:06 PM
I think a triple black case would be nice - and with a black ipad the screen would jump out at you - black outer and inner, with black matte frame.

+1 would definitely do this setup with a black iPad. Is it me or does the material for the treegloo look plushier/thicker than portezno's and P&Q. I only have my portenzos to compare, but I guess I'll know for sure once my treegloo comes in.

Netcruzer
Apr 13, 2011, 08:41 AM
+1 would definitely do this setup (all black) with a black iPad.

No doubt, it would look slick in all black.
It sure is pricey though for treegloo to stain the frame.

I didn't think about rain drops on the cardstock liner, I was thinking that the linen would hold up better for folding over the rear. Guess that's two reasons to go with linen.

glen e
Apr 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
Guys (and gals) - I think it's important to keep the diff in cases in perspective. I own all three. And really outside macrumors, all three get great comments. I like the treegloo for all the color combination and honestly, I have had many comments on the nice build quality. The octavo now has a document pocket and the portenzo is class but terrible service. We're going dark for 48 hours to ship is LAME.....temps working with email templates are cheap.

My point is all of these cases work, the treegloo is cheaper, the octavo is a bit better but limited and the portenzo is a work of art - but more money. It all evens out. Get what you want and be happy.

tfskora
Apr 13, 2011, 11:13 AM
My iPad doesn't seem to stay in very well. It doesn't pass the shake test at all for me. I just turn it upside down and it comes out. Has anyone else had this issue?

tfskora
Apr 13, 2011, 11:14 AM

I ordered on 3/30 and received it yesterday.

glen e
Apr 13, 2011, 11:28 AM
My iPad doesn't seem to stay in very well. It doesn't pass the shake test at all for me. I just turn it upside down and it comes out. Has anyone else had this issue?

are you inserting per the instructions? mine is very solid once I followed their suggestion of insertion...

mc-hokie
Apr 13, 2011, 12:22 PM
I posted in reply to the OP and received my case shortly after. The customer service has been great, and the case is holding up well.

I am very pleased with Treegloo.

route42nj
Apr 13, 2011, 08:27 PM
Received my Treegloo case today and here are some photos and impressions:

I like the overall build of the case. I think for the money you can't beat the combination of the outstanding customer service and the case itself.

My only real gripe with the case is that the iPad doesn't seem too secure in the case (even after following the instructions of the insert). It's not like hanging out or anything but it's not tight either. I don't think it should be too much of an issue with the cover and strap but I do wish it was a bit more snug. I also would like a few pockets for business cards and a few sheets of paper but that's another case for another day. Overall very satisfied.

Here are some photos. This is my first photo shoot for a device accessory so if anyone has any request of photos they want me to take just let me know.

http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo01.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo02.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo03.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo04.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo05.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo06.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo07.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo08.jpg
http://www.perspicacitydesign.com/treegloo/treegloo09.jpg

MacDaddy08
Apr 14, 2011, 07:40 AM
Mine were supposed to arrive yesterday but since I opted to change the latch to the new Kinetic latch style, they are supposed to ship no later than Monday. Ugh, I want them now. I'm tired of using my iPad in the same plastic wrap that comes with it, I want to just rip it off.

benjayman2
Apr 14, 2011, 10:39 AM
Mine were supposed to arrive yesterday but since I opted to change the latch to the new Kinetic latch style, they are supposed to ship no later than Monday. Ugh, I want them now. I'm tired of using my iPad in the same plastic wrap that comes with it, I want to just rip it off.

When did you add the latch option to your original order. I added my monday pretty much a few hours after they announced it and still haven't received a shipping notice either. It will be bummer if they tell me monday too.

King Luis
Apr 14, 2011, 10:50 AM
how long did it take for your orders to ship?

blueridge
Apr 14, 2011, 02:59 PM
my wife got her treegloo.. white with pink interior.. she likes it.. i think its pretty cool looking.. i will post pics and possible video tonight.. i have to finish my 23.5 review video as well..

did i say it was PINK inside oh my :):D:D

MacDaddy08
Apr 15, 2011, 06:21 AM
When did you add the latch option to your original order. I added my monday pretty much a few hours after they announced it and still haven't received a shipping notice either. It will be bummer if they tell me monday too.

Same here, I ordered it the same day they announced it. Hopefully it's sent out today so it will arrive Monday instead of ship Monday.

blueridge
Apr 15, 2011, 07:32 AM
ok somehow it posted twice..

blueridge
Apr 15, 2011, 07:40 AM
Ok here are some quick pics of my wife's treegloo.. she was using the portenzo 23.5 but after she got this yesteraday she wanted to switch to it instead.. she says she likes the feel of it better then the portenzo.. she says she also liked the customer service she got with treegloo which means a lot

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/026.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/031.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/027.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/035.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/034.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/021.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/036.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/024.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/023.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/blueridgeruckus/Treegloo/022.jpg

glen e
Apr 15, 2011, 07:40 AM
nice - I expected a more bright pink but I like that white on light burgundy instead. I have been using my treegloo and octavo for business this week and the build quality of the octavo is better, but I think I like the TG better. It just feels better in my hand, as the octavo exterior material feels hard like a book, whereas the TG feels more like a leather binder. All the things the octavio does better like corners, are not really noticed by anyone but me. I'll keep them both, as I have uses for the octavo in black vs the more flamboyant red of the TG.

Just my likes and dislikes, your mileage may vary...

blueridge
Apr 15, 2011, 10:43 AM
nice - I expected a more bright pink but I like that white on light burgundy instead. I have been using my treegloo and octavo for business this week and the build quality of the octavo is better, but I think I like the TG better. It just feels better in my hand, as the octavo exterior material feels hard like a book, whereas the TG feels more like a leather binder. All the things the octavio does better like corners, are not really noticed by anyone but me. I'll keep them both, as I have uses for the octavo in black vs the more flamboyant red of the TG.

Just my likes and dislikes, your mileage may vary...

that pink is bright.. believe me.. but inside with these flourecent lights it doesnt appear to be.. lol.. my wife said same thing you said.. the portenzo 23.5 book binding is hard and not like an old leather book.. she said the treegloo just felt better to her.. so i think thats the one she's gonna keep her ipad in for now..

MathRulz
Apr 16, 2011, 10:29 AM
that pink is bright.. believe me.. but inside with these flourecent lights it doesnt appear to be.. lol.. my wife said same thing you said.. the portenzo 23.5 book binding is hard and not like an old leather book.. she said the treegloo just felt better to her.. so i think thats the one she's gonna keep her ipad in for now..

Blueridge--did you do a shake test? Is the iPad looser in the Treegloo than in the Portenzo?

route42nj
Apr 16, 2011, 01:39 PM
My Treegloo failed the "shake test". In fact that's the only area I'm unhappy with the case. The iPad doesn't ever seem to be 100% in the case. The top right corner is always a tad loose. It's probably just a defect of my case.

I got the natural finush frame with brown suede accent.

Edit: I also just noticed my case doesn't have a Treegloo logo on the bottom left of the inside of the case. Wonder if it was rushed out/skipped QC check.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 16, 2011, 01:45 PM
My Treegloo failed the "shake test". In fact that's the only area I'm unhappy with the case. The iPad doesn't ever seem to be 100% in the case. The top right corner is always a tad loose. It's probably just a defect of my case.

I got the natural finush frame with brown suede accent.

Edit: I also just noticed my case doesn't have a Treegloo logo on the bottom left of the inside of the case. Wonder if it was rushed out/skipped QC check.

Hmmm, I'm worried about this too, my order is in production right now and it needs to be able to withstand falling out upon shaking by my son. Please let us know what they say if you email them.

blueridge
Apr 16, 2011, 05:51 PM
Blueridge--did you do a shake test? Is the iPad looser in the Treegloo than in the Portenzo?

i did a shake test just like my other videos and it passed.. i am editing the footage now.. hopefully by tonight i will have it uploaded.. we had a BIG storm come thru earlier today and we got tons of rain and thunderstorms.. another round coming tonight.. i hope my internet stays up.. if it does.. video will be up tonight..

robbyneal
Apr 16, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hey blue ridge, do you plan on making a review for the treegloo case?

glen e
Apr 16, 2011, 06:20 PM
Hmmm, I'm worried about this too, my order is in production right now and it needs to be able to withstand falling out upon shaking by my son. Please let us know what they say if you email them.

why would you worry about this? - because one (or two or three) person here has a fitment problem? Do you think that means everyone does? and treegloo would be shipping all cases where the ipad falls out? There is a huge amount of "forum hypochondria" going on here on all these case threads...believe me they all work well and a few need some tweaks. Both my Octavo and my treegloo pass every shake test I can give it. I published pics of my red case and the corners were not the best. I did not think at all that they were all that way, just a bad fit on mine. Subsequent pics proved that out. Each of these cases has it's features and faults but the designs are solid as is the companies involved. They all made ipad1 cases before this. I have yet to hear of an ipad1 owner coming on here with horror stories that involved the design.

MathRulz
Apr 16, 2011, 07:08 PM
Now for the opposite of 'will the iPad stay put in the case and not shake out'
:-)

For those with more than one case or way of using the iPad 2:

How easy is it to remove the iPad from these cases (Portenzo and Treegloo) so that it can be used in another way or in another style case?

Thanks!

glen e
Apr 16, 2011, 07:17 PM

How easy is it to remove the iPad from these cases (Portenzo and Treegloo) so that it can be used in another way or in another style case?

Thanks!

I use my TG and octavo during the day and it goes back into my smartcover at night for home use. Pushing from the top down to the bottom pops it out on both cases fine. The cases are new (1 -2 weeks old) and will report as we go on if they loosen up too much and have problems. TG tells me that the Goodyear rubber compound they are using resists compression thousands of times, we shall see....The octavo "bookmark" that you use to unseat it, is a great idea and works well.

tfskora
Apr 16, 2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks!

they are pretty easy to remove. The portenzo just push the back of the case and it comes out, the treegloo comes out easily.

MathRulz
Apr 16, 2011, 07:59 PM
I use my TG and octavo during the day and it goes back into my smartcover at night for home use. Pushing from the top down to the bottom pops it out on both cases fine. The cases are new (1 -2 weeks old) and will report as we go on if they loosen up too much and have problems. TG tells me that the Goodyear rubber compound they are using resists compression thousands of times, we shall see....The octavo "bookmark" that you use to unseat it, is a great idea and works well.

Thanks glen e!
I plan to use my iPad in a similar way. Maybe just on weekends swapping out at home. Also I am doing archival research and planning to take my iPad w/bluetooth keyboard instead of a laptop. Archives don't usually allow cases into their reading rooms.

blueridge
Apr 17, 2011, 08:11 AM
Hey blue ridge, do you plan on making a review for the treegloo case?

Yes.. gotta finish editing today with my ipad in imovie then it will be uploaded.

Domdog31
Apr 17, 2011, 04:14 PM
Has anyone heard from them recently? My order was delayed twice and I haven't heard back yet about 5 days

blueridge
Apr 18, 2011, 06:41 AM
Ok.. finally to the video uploaded.. its either my ISP or Youtube causing errors on upload.. anyways.. here is the unboxing and review of my wife's treegloo white moleskine case for her white ipad 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuMhWcUnPVo

MacDaddy08
Apr 18, 2011, 06:54 AM
Has anyone heard from them recently? My order was delayed twice and I haven't heard back yet about 5 days

I received an email from them Friday saying my cases would be shipped Monday FedEx 2 day, can't wait to get them Wednesday.

MacDaddy08
Apr 18, 2011, 06:56 AM
Ok.. finally to the video uploaded.. its either my ISP or Youtube causing errors on upload.. anyways.. here is the unboxing and review of my wife's treegloo white moleskine case for her white ipad 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuMhWcUnPVo

I love that they included the unicorn inside, that's great.

Domdog31
Apr 18, 2011, 07:07 AM
I received an email from them Friday saying my cases would be shipped Monday FedEx 2 day, can't wait to get them Wednesday.

I did get that email last week and then Monday came the 1st email stating the delay then on Wed another email delaying it...

blueridge
Apr 18, 2011, 09:24 AM
I love that they included the unicorn inside, that's great.

yah.. was funny.. i had to include that in the video :D

tfskora
Apr 18, 2011, 12:59 PM
yah.. was funny.. i had to include that in the video :D

Treegloo tweeted your video on their twitter page. Very nice!

benjayman2
Apr 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
Another good review blueridge I really hope I get a shipping notification soon.

King Luis
Apr 18, 2011, 07:38 PM
How long is it taking to ship your cases??? I'm at the 2 week mark and it still hasn't shipped.

route42nj
Apr 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
After watching your review Blueridge I'm convinced I have a faulty case. My iPad won't stay in the case if I even tilt it to the side let alone upside-down or during a shake test. Ouch. Maybe I'll email Amanda over at Treegloo and see if they can help me out.

amyloplast
Apr 18, 2011, 08:53 PM
It's taking a long time. I ordered on 4/1 (added the kinetic latch when it was announced) and have not received shipping notification yet. Custom items take time, but I'm a bit disappointed that Treegloo has not given me a better indication of when it will be sent (only questions I haven't received a prompt reply from Treegloo on are shipping related). I hope that it ships before the end of the week though--it will probably take longer because I decided to change the liner to cloth recently. With the time it's taking to make, I didn't want to risk having the liner rip the first time I opened it!

blueridge
Apr 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
thanks guys.. my wife has been using that case since last week and so far she still loves her treegloo over the portenzo.. i think its a keeper.. no problems with the iPad slipping out..

one thing however in the video.. dunno how many of you caught my mistake.. when my wife handed me her iPad i laid it down beside the treegloo upside down.. since i was holding the camera with my left hand i was watching thru the view finder and didnt notice the iPad was upside down until AFTER i had it in the case.. then i stopped recording and removed it.. put it in the right way.. then started recording again.. during editing i had forgot to go back thru and re-record that part of the video so i just left it in.. thinking nobody will catch it.. well someone did on youtube so i put a msg inside the video stating the fact that i made that mistake.. :)

treegloo has been great with customer service.. if you guys are having problems let them know.. im sure they will take care of it..

MacDaddy08
Apr 19, 2011, 06:26 AM
Here's an update from Treegloo. My case was supposed to ship yesterday since I added the Kinetic latch and when I inquired on the shipment this is the response I received last night:

Terribly sorry for the delayed communication and shipment! We want to make sure you get the caliber of case that you are expecting and are running all cases through an additional quality control check.

Also, there are a few changes to expect with the Kinetic Latch: sturdier aluminum, stronger magnets for solid closure, and an aluminum bezel for the latch.

Warm Regards,

Amanda

She never gave an updated ship date, only this response. So it looks like shipments are going to be delayed a bit further. I do appreciate their dedication to quality, I just really really want my case. However, I also want it to be up to the quality I expected so I guess waiting a bit longer won't hurt.

robbyneal
Apr 19, 2011, 07:46 AM
I also got a similar response:

"We were preparing to ship your case out, however, we wanted to make sure you get the caliber of case that you are expecting and are running all cases through an additional quality control check.

Also, the Kinetic Latch is slightly different from the original design -- mainly sturdier aluminum and stronger magnets for solid closure. We will have your updated and inspected case out to you ASAP.

Again, we do apologize, and thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,"

I understand the delay, but i hope i have the case by the end of the week. It was supposed to come in today! I agree with you waiting for quality, but maybe i am a little impatient :p

Amanda
Treegloo Products

amyloplast
Apr 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for posting your replies from Treegloo. I emailed and asked them about order status via email yesterday to no response, so it's nice to know what's going on (even if there's no indication of when orders will ship).

Update: Just received a response from Treegloo. My case will ship out this week (the way it was phrased makes me think it won't be until the end of the week). I'm glad that they are doing extra quality checks, but I'm a bit disappointed that I likely will not receive my case until a month after I ordered it.

benjayman2
Apr 19, 2011, 12:15 PM
Same email received as the others. I'm not really bothered since I have my portenzo, but wish it was here already since their target to ship for mine was saturday.

rubdom
Apr 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm in the same boat. They updated me on Facebook Friday and told me it would ship out yesterday latest and it didn't ship. I emailed them and asked for status on FB yesterday and have had no response. I also emailed them this morning and have had no response. Strange since they would usually respond within an hour before.
I should have kept my order with Portenzo I would have had a case by now. Damn!

tr1age
Apr 19, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'm in the same boat. They updated me on Facebook Friday and told me it would ship out yesterday latest and it didn't ship. I emailed them and asked for status on FB yesterday and have had no response. I also emailed them this morning and have had no response. Strange since they would usually respond within an hour before.
I should have kept my order with Portenzo I would have had a case by now. Damn!

To the victor goes the spoils to the impatient people goes the headaches.

amyloplast
Apr 19, 2011, 07:02 PM
I received another message from Treegloo stating that my case will ship at the end of the week. They must be pretty behind. =/

JC5280
Apr 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
My case will ship out this week (the way it was phrased makes me think it won't be until the end of the week).

I have been told that the case would ship three different times. No shipping notification yet. Not a custom order either.

rubdom
Apr 19, 2011, 11:59 PM
To the victor goes the spoils to the impatient people goes the headaches.

Not impatient. They told me they were shipping it then nothing... No communication. How is that impatient? If they had sent me an email and told me it was delayed I would have been fine with it. Over promised under delivered, it should be the other way around. All I'm saying is they should update me if they told me it would ship out on a certain day and they can't meet their commitment.

benjayman2
Apr 20, 2011, 12:24 AM
Not impatient. They told me they were shipping it then nothing... No communication. How is that impatient? If they had sent me an email and told me it was delayed I would have been fine with it. Over promised under delivered, it should be the other way around. All I'm saying is they should update me if they told me it would ship out on a certain day and they can't meet their commitment.

Yah sorry to hear that. How come you didn't keep both orders and then cancel the order that didnt ship first?

MacDaddy08
Apr 20, 2011, 06:19 AM
I have been told that the case would ship three different times. No shipping notification yet. Not a custom order either.

Every order is custom.....:confused::confused:

robbyneal
Apr 20, 2011, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, i received this email in regards to when it would ship out:
Hi Robby,

We are getting your case ready to ship out right away. You should receive it by Friday.

Thank you,

Treegloo Products

So hopefully we will all see our cases by friday! :)

MacDaddy08
Apr 20, 2011, 06:51 AM
Hey guys, i received this email in regards to when it would ship out:

So hopefully we will all see our cases by friday! :)

Did you order the Kenetic latch? I emailed them yesterday asking about my 2 cases and still haven't received a response.... :(:(

robbyneal
Apr 20, 2011, 07:03 AM
Did you order the Kenetic latch? I emailed them yesterday asking about my 2 cases and still haven't received a response.... :(:(

Yes i did change my order to the kinetic latch, the moment it was available on their facebook page. I would say your best bet in getting a response from them yourself is to send them somthing via facebook.
Treegloo is taking far longer to respond in the last few days, in my experience.

I can deal with this, if 1. I get the quality case im waiting for. And 2. I receive it by friday as promised. Seeing as it was supposed to ship monday, and i would receive it tuesday i dont think im being at all unreasonable.

glen e
Apr 20, 2011, 07:40 AM
Yes i did change my order to the kinetic latch, the moment it was available on their facebook page. I would say your best bet in getting a response from them yourself is to send them somthing via facebook.
Treegloo is taking far longer to respond in the last few days, in my experience.

I can deal with this, if 1. I get the quality case im waiting for. And 2. I receive it by friday as promised. Seeing as it was supposed to ship monday, and i would receive it tuesday i dont think im being at all unreasonable.

I think it would really help matters if their web page (and the other casemakers) told you the following:

in estimates: (supplier problems can change this in an instant)

1. order a case today without any custom work and you will receive it the week of: _______________
2. Make a change to an existing order for any new option and it will add _____ weeks to your order.
3. Currently if you want the order as fast as possible suggested order is this way________exteriors avail ,_______interiors avail ,________options avail

ALL OF THE ABOVE UPDATED EVERY 2 -3 DAYS

And it would cut the amount of emails you have to answer, Amanda.

r6girl
Apr 20, 2011, 08:30 AM
Update: Just received a response from Treegloo. My case will ship out this week (the way it was phrased makes me think it won't be until the end of the week). I'm glad that they are doing extra quality checks, but I'm a bit disappointed that I likely will not receive my case until a month after I ordered it.

I received a similar response that also makes me think mine won't be shipped until the end of this week. I placed my order on 4/4 and then modified it to include the kinetic latch on 4/11. I'm not upset as I'd rather that they take their time to ensure high quality but I am really looking forward to receiving it and had hoped it would take less time. :o

rubdom
Apr 20, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yah sorry to hear that. How come you didn't keep both orders and then cancel the order that didnt ship first?

Well I was concerned about Portenzo's customer service. I sent an email and it never was responded to. I sent a second email 2 weeks later and it took them another 2 weeks to respond to that one. I figured if I have problems before I even get my order I can imagine what would happen if I had a problem with the order. I just couldn't deal with a company with that kind of customer service. But now I am wondering if this is the norm for custom case companies :)

robbyneal
Apr 20, 2011, 09:34 AM
Well I was concerned about Portenzo's customer service. I sent an email and it never was responded to. I sent a second email 2 weeks later and it took them another 2 weeks to respond to that one. I figured if I have problems before I even get my order I can imagine what would happen if I had a problem with the order. I just couldn't deal with a company with that kind of customer service. But now I am wondering if this is the norm for custom case companies :)

To be honest, the longest i had to wait for a reply was less than a day with treegloo, while this was out of the norm for them i was still ok with this; even more so knowing that portenzo responds in a matter of weeks. I consider treegloo to have great customer service, they have usually responded within hours and have been very willing to changes i have had. The delay they are having is justified, they want to make sure every case is of quality and every customer is satisfied. They even upgraded me to 2 day shipping.

Now i cant speak for the build quality or the case itself, but the customer service of treegloo has made me happy and they say i should have my case on friday. If this is true, and my case is up to par i will be very happy.

MacDaddy08
Apr 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
I just received an update email from Treegloo saying my cases will be shipped no later than early next week, :( I was hoping to get them this week but it looks like that won't be the case. I just hope there aren't anymore delays.

robbyneal
Apr 20, 2011, 11:33 AM
I just received an update email from Treegloo saying my cases will be shipped no later than early next week, :( I was hoping to get them this week but it looks like that won't be the case. I just hope there aren't anymore delays.

I sure hope mine doesnt ship next week, but it looks like i am in the boat as you macdaddy. Although treegloo did promise that i would get it by friday of this week. Only time will tell

robbyneal
Apr 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
I just received this email from treegloo. Their customer service has impressed me. I received this 2 hours after posting something on their facebook page.

Thank you for understanding :-) We want to make sure we are sending out the best product we can. Our target is to ship yours this evening so usually tracking info gets sent out around 8-9pm CST (via FedEx).

We prefer to not rush any orders, so if we miss the ship deadline tonight (we will email you), we will still make sure you receive your case on Friday.

Warm Regards,

Amanda
T

benjayman2
Apr 20, 2011, 01:28 PM
I hope I get mine by this week. I ordered on the 3/30 upgraded to the kinetic latch the moment they posted it (4/11) like another user did and have been waiting since then.

JSchroeder80
Apr 20, 2011, 02:24 PM
I just received this email from treegloo. Their customer service has impressed me. I received this 2 hours after posting something on their facebook page.

Wow! That is a great response.

King Luis
Apr 21, 2011, 12:40 PM
i originally purchased the portenzo. after 2 weeks of it not being shipped and hearing about delays i cancelled my ordered and bought the treegloo. it's been now 2 weeks and i'm thinking about canceling my order with treegloo and just going to the mall and getting a case. this is the longest i've ever had to wait for anything ordered over the internet. i ordered a swiss made watch from germany which was assembled and delivered in 2 weeks. keep in mind this watch had to be made (mechanical watch not a cheap quartz one).

Aqua Bliss
Apr 21, 2011, 07:46 PM
i originally purchased the portenzo. after 2 weeks of it not being shipped and hearing about delays i cancelled my ordered and bought the treegloo. it's been now 2 weeks and i'm thinking about canceling my order with treegloo and just going to the mall and getting a case. this is the longest i've ever had to wait for anything ordered over the internet. i ordered a swiss made watch from germany which was assembled and delivered in 2 weeks. keep in mind this watch had to be made (mechanical watch not a cheap quartz one).

I custom ordered my BMW x5 and it shipped from North Carolina 4 weeks later and came exactly how I had ordered it. It was probably slightly more complicated to build than either of these cases.

glen e
Apr 21, 2011, 08:59 PM
I custom ordered my BMW x5 and it shipped from North Carolina 4 weeks later and came exactly how I had ordered it. It was probably slightly more complicated to build than either of these cases.

not really the same thing - the spartanburg plant is about 98% automated and is an assembly plant only - nothing made there - and if you have to replace the leather in an X5, it might be 12 weeks....The example of the swiss watch is pretty good. Hand made is definitely slower by far...

But BMW can really roll out the X5's when they are running 100% - I have been BMW corporate for 24 years - and was at the plant opening in 96 or so...Look for 3's made there next year.

benjayman2
Apr 21, 2011, 11:00 PM
On a lighter note I should be receiving my custom case on saturday. I'll be sure to post pics and thanks again Aqua Bliss for helping me with my custom liner.

rubdom
Apr 21, 2011, 11:41 PM
Just cancelled my order. They told me next week "maybe". It has already been almost a month. I needed the case this weekend. Oh well, I'm sure it would have been worth the wait. Now time to go buy some crap case from the store. Maybe I'll try them again when they can catch up but probably go with a portenzo in a few months (like them a little better). By the way my refund was almost immediate and only got the paypal emails they didn't respond to my email to say sorry or anything.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 22, 2011, 01:42 AM
On a lighter note I should be receiving my custom case on saturday. I'll be sure to post pics and thanks again Aqua Bliss for helping me with my custom liner.

Nice, can't wait to see the pics!

Aqua Bliss
Apr 22, 2011, 01:47 AM
not really the same thing - the spartanburg plant is about 98% automated and is an assembly plant only - nothing made there - and if you have to replace the leather in an X5, it might be 12 weeks....The example of the swiss watch is pretty good. Hand made is definitely slower by far...

But BMW can really roll out the X5's when they are running 100% - I have been BMW corporate for 24 years - and was at the plant opening in 96 or so...Look for 3's made there next year.

Yes and no. Treegloo doesn't really make the wood, the leather, the glue, or the suede liner - they just take these parts and assemble them. True they modify them from the form in which they are received, so I see what you are saying.

Very cool job you must have, maybe you can get me a discount when the x4 comes out :)

Domdog31
Apr 22, 2011, 07:20 AM
well I received emails from Amanda on 3 occasions with a different reason for it not shipping and at the end of each of those emails she said "We are preparing your case for shipment today"

The last of those emails was 4 days ago, so I went ahead and asked her to cancel my order.

Hope this isnt going on across the board - I do understand the custom product nature of the design and etc...

glen e
Apr 22, 2011, 08:36 AM
Yes and no. Treegloo doesn't really make the wood, the leather, the glue, or the suede liner - they just take these parts and assemble them. True they modify them from the form in which they are received, so I see what you are saying.

Very cool job you must have, maybe you can get me a discount when the x4 comes out :)

I would be happy to help, let me know when you get ready....my point is the automation makes building a car easy once they calibrate the line for that car.
Spartanburg, by the way, was just rated one of the top 3 plants in the world for quality among the SAE staff that evaluates factories

rubdom
Apr 22, 2011, 09:25 AM
Just got an email from Treegloo after I cancelled my order. Here is how it reads:

We apologize for the lengthy wait, we have processed your refunds as requested. We had a supplier error that was not corrected until recently that caused an unexpected delay :-(

Should you prefer to order from us at a later time we will honor the original price :-)

Pretty good customer service. I might give them a try again later or next year when they have their issues fixed.

r6girl
Apr 22, 2011, 05:43 PM
No shipping notice from Treegloo this week as promised in an email from them on Monday. :( I'm not in a rush to receive it (though I definitely hope to have it by Memorial Day for a trip we're taking then) but still disappointed that it hasn't arrived. At this point, I have no inclination to request a refund since I still really want the case. I'll just work on being more patient. :p

JC5280
Apr 22, 2011, 11:34 PM
Treegloo's Facebook wall is starting to fill up with negative comments. I wonder how fast they can delete them.

Am I the only one noticing that they are seriously overusing emoticons? There is a smiley face after everything they say! Can you say faux paux? :-)

benjayman2
Apr 23, 2011, 12:28 PM
1) The material itself feels great and luxurious.
2) Custom liner looks amazing and very happy with how it turned out (thanks Aqua Bliss)!
3) Suede accent securely fits the iPad and the iPad would not come out no matter how vigorously I shook it.
4) Camera cutout is very clean.
5) Kinetic latch concepts works great (has three positions when in view mode refer to pictures)
6) No issues with case cover in all the way back position accidentally turning the iPad on and off like the some P&Q cases that had to be replaced.
7) Rounded corners look much better than I expected
8) Like that it can fit my L-shaped 3.5mm connectors
9) Speaking of sound, there is no sound muffling even the suede accent.
I'm extremely satisfied with case and will have a fun time switching between this and my 23.5 portenzo.
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/8057/p4230910.jpg
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9153/p4230911.jpg
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4271/p4230913.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2796/p4230914.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5035/p4230915.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6233/p4230917.jpg
http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/2716/p4230919.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7095/p4230920.jpg
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1719/p4230921.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8615/p4230922.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4750/p4230923.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6877/p4230925.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6117/p4230924.jpg

comixster
Apr 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
that case looks nice! Congrats!

Aqua Bliss
Apr 24, 2011, 01:00 AM
Looks great Ben! Making me very anxious to get my case. Glad to hear you didn't have a fittament issue, I got the suede liner too thinking it would help make things a bit more snug.

TheUndertow
Apr 24, 2011, 03:05 PM
I would be happy to help, let me know when you get ready....my point is the automation makes building a car easy once they calibrate the line for that car.
Spartanburg, by the way, was just rated one of the top 3 plants in the world for quality among the SAE staff that evaluates factories

Hey I'd consider a Bimmer with some uber MacRumors help if I was so lucky :cool:

My 04 Impreza (bought new and long outgrown) is killing me.

Love the look of the new Saabs (I know) but was planning on test driving some BMWs (and a few other makes) before making a jump.

On the case topic, I couldn't decide between the "usual suspects" of Portenzo, Dodo, Grove, Treegloo.

All seem to have their benefits...I went with the Dodo and will post impressions (and my ship / wait time) and likely pics!

Alaerian
Apr 25, 2011, 12:57 PM
Just ordered a Treegloo after much debating back and forth between the usual suspects. I liked the higher level of customization possible and the better price. I'm looking forward to getting it!

Went with:
Natural Wood frame
Espresso Brown Exterior
Powerpuff Pink interior
White Elastic Strap

Just the basic $35. Nothing upgraded, nothing fancy. Customer service has been ideal thus far - very prompt responses to my initial questions!

Aqua Bliss
Apr 25, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hey I'd consider a Bimmer with some uber MacRumors help if I was so lucky :cool:

Undertow you need to get one of these babies. Doesn't give me much gas mileage but puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.

My x5:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/Harajuku23/x_1.jpg

MacDaddy08
Apr 26, 2011, 06:20 AM
Received my shipping notice from Treegloo last night. I should have my case by Wednesday, 4/27. :):)

I'll try to get pics posted of the 2 cases once they come in.

TheUndertow
Apr 26, 2011, 08:29 AM
Undertow you need to get one of these babies. Doesn't give me much gas mileage but puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.

My x5:

Image (http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/Harajuku23/x_1.jpg)

Super hot...love the rims.

Slightly off-topic but I got my DODO shipping notification yesterday on an order placed last Thursday...my baby has left the nest!

cruisn76
Apr 26, 2011, 12:31 PM
Received my shipping notice from Treegloo last night. I should have my case by Wednesday, 4/27. :):)

When did u make ur order?

I ordered on the 3rd of April and when I emailed them last week there was no ETA on shipment

drwpttr
Apr 26, 2011, 12:33 PM
Has anyone else received tracking info that seems to go nowhere. Knowing what I do about FedEx, the email is sent when the label is printed. I am on my second tracking number from Treegloo, each one has an anticipated ship date, but the item is never picked up and scanned by FedEx, just sits in limbo. I just want to hear I am not alone in the process. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my order and I am becoming really impatient and disappointed with Treegloo.

r6girl
Apr 26, 2011, 12:49 PM
I finally received the shipping notice for my Treegloo case last night. Anticipated ship date was yesterday and expected delivery is 4/27 but it doesn't even seem like FedEx has it yet since the last status says "Shipment information sent to FedEx".

I'm guessing Treegloo created a shipping label for it using their FedEx account online which automatically generates the notification email but they haven't actually handed the box over to FedEx yet.

RA19
Apr 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for letting us know of the delayed information. We will look into your case, but it was dropped off. At times, USPS has trouble with the tracking information :-/

Thank you,

Treegloo Products

Above message received today after I queried same problem!

Aqua Bliss
Apr 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know of the delayed information. We will look into your case, but it was dropped off. At times, USPS has trouble with the tracking information :-/

Thank you,

Treegloo Products

Above message received today after I queried same problem!

USPS?! I thought they shipped everything via FedEx?

They told me on Friday that my case would ship Wednesday (tomorrow), so we'll see if it does.

amyloplast
Apr 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
I would take any date they tell you they'll ship with a grain of salt. On Friday, I was told it would ship on Saturday. It still has not shipped. Hopefully it will go out tomorrow so that I can get it this weekend or early next week.

ETA: It shipped!

moosquared
Apr 27, 2011, 03:34 AM
Do you think the iPad 2 will fit ok in the treegloo if I add an iCarbon protector at the back?
http://www.icarbons.com/products/ipad-2

I figured I won't be using the treegloo all the time.. so I'd like something to protect the back when I'm at home. The icarbon protector looks really good..

glen e
Apr 27, 2011, 06:36 AM
Do you think the iPad 2 will fit ok in the treegloo if I add an iCarbon protector at the back?
http://www.icarbons.com/products/ipad-2

I figured I won't be using the treegloo all the time.. so I'd like something to protect the back when I'm at home. The icarbon protector looks really good..

yes any skin back will work - I run an icarbon with my treegloo and all the other bookcase types too...look at the ********** skins as well - same as icarbon but cheaper

glen e
Apr 27, 2011, 06:38 AM
Super hot...love the rims.

650 rims...nice...

King Luis
Apr 27, 2011, 09:41 AM

when did you place your order?

r6girl
Apr 27, 2011, 10:13 AM
Dammit. :mad: Just got this email:

We have located your order -- for some reason, it was grouped with a large corporate shipment, which is scheduled for pick up today. We do apologize for this mix-up, and will correct the situation. You will still be receiving your case this week.

Thank you for your patience, and if you have any questions, please let us know!

Thank you,

Jonathan
Treegloo Products

Hopefully it will arrive by Friday at least.

King Luis
Apr 27, 2011, 10:22 AM
Dammit. :mad: Just got this email:

Hopefully it will arrive by Friday at least.

r6girl
Apr 27, 2011, 10:33 AM

April 4

King Luis
Apr 27, 2011, 01:52 PM
April 4

hmmm..if your getting yours soon, i better be getting mine soon since i ordered mine on the 5th and they changed my shipping to USPS Express or whatever the fast one is.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 27, 2011, 04:22 PM
I ordered on the 11th and they told me it would ship today but no notification. Not counting on it since you guys ordered a week before me and haven't gotten yours yet. Oh well, hopefully next week. I think normally I'd be annoyed by their recent inaction but thanks to Portenzo setting the bar so low, they are still looking pretty good.

robbyneal
Apr 27, 2011, 07:46 PM
Just got my replacement treegloo case after the first had an issue with the iPad falling out of the case. Even if you happen to get a dud, like me at first, they are willing to send out another, with overnight shipping! They said the problem I am having occurs 2% of the time due to the airplanes where the packages are transported reaching temperatures of 30 degrees. This can cause, in rare cases, for the frame to become distorted. Now, the case I have is 100% secure, I also have the kinetic latch which I think is great and completely secures the iPad in any orientation on any surface. I love everything about this case now that my iPad is secure.

I would like to let everyone know that treegloo is making a quality case. While I have no experience with the other case makers for the iPad 2, I would like you all to know that treegloo is a safe bet, and you will not be disappointed if you choose them, especially with their array of options. All I can say is, I am satisfied, I am a treegloo fan and will buy from them again. :)

Heavyhitter504
Apr 27, 2011, 08:27 PM
Just got my replacement treegloo case after the first had an issue with the iPad falling out of the case. Even if you happen to get a dud, like me at first, they are willing to send out another, with overnight shipping! They said the problem I am having occurs 2% of the time due to the airplanes where the packages are transported reaching temperatures of 30 degrees. This can cause, in rare cases, for the frame to become distorted. Now, the case I have is 100% secure, I also have the kinetic latch which I think is great and completely secures the iPad in any orientation on any surface. I love everything about this case now that my iPad is secure.

I would like to let everyone know that treegloo is making a quality case. While I have no experience with the other case makers for the iPad 2, I would like you all to know that treegloo is a safe bet, and you will not be disappointed if you choose them, especially with their array of options. All I can say is, I am satisfied, I am a treegloo fan and will buy from them again. :)

When did you put your request in for your replacements?I requested replacements for both my cases b/c the rubber was peeling bc it wasn't glued on certain pieces (they're giving me replacements with suede lining, no additional charges). So I still stand by their customer service, I send emails pretty often asking for updates and they never go unanswered past 24 hrs

r6girl
Apr 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
My Treegloo case is finally on its way (for real this time)! FedEx tracking shows it was picked up in Houston yesterday and it's now in Memphis with delivery planned for tomorrow by 4:30 p.m. Woot!

MacDaddy08
Apr 29, 2011, 06:25 AM
When did u make ur order?

I ordered on the 3rd of April and when I emailed them last week there was no ETA on shipment

March 30th, and then I ordered the Kinetic latch the day it came out.

MacDaddy08
Apr 29, 2011, 06:31 AM
I inquired to Treegloo about the status of my shipment, since it STILL shows they haven't dropped it off with FedEx and I was told I would receive my cases by Saturday, originally it was supposed to be Wednesday. Originally before that it was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, then 1 week ago, and now here we are.

So they basically printed a shipping label for them Monday and they STILL haven't been shipped, I'm beginning to get more than a little pissed about the situation, especially since it's been a month since I ordered. I was told my cases that were supposed to go out Monday were mixed up with a corporate shipment to go out Wednesday and that was the reason for the first delay. I know this is a lie because they still haven't been shipped and according to their Facebook page, they told the same lie to other customers. I have been happy with Treegloo up to this point, especially with their customer service and fast responses. However, lieing to the customer is NOT good customer service and the fact that I've had to wait a month for my cases it just ridiculous.

They better be here Saturday or I will contemplate cancelling.

SmittS
Apr 29, 2011, 07:52 AM
I inquired to Treegloo about the status of my shipment, since it STILL shows they haven't dropped it off with FedEx and I was told I would receive my cases by Saturday, originally it was supposed to be Wednesday. Originally before that it was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, then 1 week ago, and now here we are.

So they basically printed a shipping label for them Monday and they STILL haven't been shipped, I'm beginning to get more than a little pissed about the situation, especially since it's been a month since I ordered. I was told my cases that were supposed to go out Monday were mixed up with a corporate shipment to go out Wednesday and that was the reason for the first delay. I know this is a lie because they still haven't been shipped and according to their Facebook page, they told the same lie to other customers. I have been happy with Treegloo up to this point, especially with their customer service and fast responses. However, lieing to the customer is NOT good customer service and the fact that I've had to wait a month for my cases it just ridiculous.

They better be here Saturday or I will contemplate cancelling.

I've gotten pretty much the same run around. I ordered 2 cases (one for my wife's Kindle) on April 6 and upgraded to the kinetic latch the day it was announced. I've heard "it will ship this week" for the past 3 weeks. If it wasn't for my wife's Kindle case I would have cancelled awhile ago, but I've almost had enough. I went with Treegloo over Portenzo to avoid BS like this.

King Luis
Apr 29, 2011, 07:53 AM
sent an email yesterday morning about the status on where my month old order is...reply in the afternoon says it is now in production. it makes me think, where was my case the last 4 weeks if only now it's in production?

imo, a lot of these case makers some how pissed off a lot of customers with these huge delays.

SmittS
Apr 29, 2011, 08:01 AM
I got a Yoobao as an "around the house" case and was looking to the Treegloo to be my professional work case. I like the Yoobao enough for it to be my do everything case if Treegloo can't produce.

glen e
Apr 29, 2011, 08:09 AM
sent an email yesterday morning about the status on where my month old order is...reply in the afternoon says it is now in production. it makes me think, where was my case the last 4 weeks if only now it's in production?

imo, a lot of these case makers some how pissed off a lot of customers with these huge delays.

HUGE delays????

do you understand how production/business works at all? Suppliers have to be contacted and these guys and portenzo - have to ramp up immediately to satisfy all the fanboys here who have no idea how production works. In the quantities these guys need, I'm sure suppliers are demanding a 6 - 8 week lead time. Portenzo communication is terrible, but I don't fault them for the delays - they exploded overnight, just their connection to the customer that is the problem...and TG is overloaded as well..the stupid move on all their parts is using FB as a communication tool for customer's demands/questions regarding ETA's - really stupid....You won't find Tiffany or Rolex doing that...

relax, kick back and buy a cheap case and be surprised when it comes...

or buy a zoom - I'm sure they have cases...

King Luis
Apr 29, 2011, 08:42 AM
HUGE delays????

do you understand how production/business works at all? Suppliers have to be contacted and these guys and portenzo - have to ramp up immediately to satisfy all the fanboys here who have no idea how production works. In the quantities these guys need, I'm sure suppliers are demanding a 6 - 8 week lead time. Portenzo communication is terrible, but I don't fault them for the delays - they exploded overnight, just their connection to the customer that is the problem...and TG is overloaded as well..the stupid move on all their parts is using FB as a communication tool for customer's demands/questions regarding ETA's - really stupid....You won't find Tiffany or Rolex doing that...

so your telling me that these case manufacturers weren't expecting thousands of orders to come in almost right away? portenzo when from a 2 week shipping time (i waiting 3 weeks before canceling my order) to now a 6-8 week ship time. i waited an extra week for my case to ship and they nothing. with treegloo they estimated 2-3 weeks when i ordered. it's been an extra week and it's only now going into production. my order should have gone into production a few days after i put my order in. now if there was material or manufacturing delays then that should have been communicated which it wasn't. customers who have already paid for a product shouldn't be left in the dark wondering if the company took their money and ran.
i understand (for the most part) how a new product has to be created, sold, built, and shipped. but the clients need to know whats going on.
i'm not asking about why ios doesn't do something that 95% of people won't use. i'm asking why my order has not been delivered in the time they said it was going to be in.

SmittS
Apr 29, 2011, 09:16 AM
so your telling me that these case manufacturers weren't expecting thousands of orders to come in almost right away? portenzo when from a 2 week shipping time (i waiting 3 weeks before canceling my order) to now a 6-8 week ship time. i waited an extra week for my case to ship and they nothing. with treegloo they estimated 2-3 weeks when i ordered. it's been an extra week and it's only now going into production. my order should have gone into production a few days after i put my order in. now if there was material or manufacturing delays then that should have been communicated which it wasn't. customers who have already paid for a product shouldn't be left in the dark wondering if the company took their money and ran.
i understand (for the most part) how a new product has to be created, sold, built, and shipped. but the clients need to know whats going on.
i'm not asking about why ios doesn't do something that 95% of people won't use. i'm asking why my order has not been delivered in the time they said it was going to be in.

why do you people complain so damn much?

This made me laugh.

glen e
Apr 29, 2011, 09:20 AM
i'm asking why my order has not been delivered in the time they said it was going to be in.

because they ******** up..plain and simple ..all of them, except pad and quill which limits the options big time (fine with me - I use one now) - and with a few minor tweaks a lot of this could have been avoided:

Here's how:
put a pop up box on the TG site that pops up when you order - right after you hit "BUY". It should say "due to production constraints and our promise of quality, ordering at this time will take a MINIMUM of X weeks. Do you want to continue?" And the X should be reviewed weekly for accuracy.

And then if you hit yes, they should ignore every email/call from a person until that time frame has expired, if he is just inquiring about delivery and no order changes.

That would stop this whining here...

And I stopped looking ofr the Portenzo when they wrote they were going dark so they were going to ship - which means they are so low staffed that they had to step away from their computers to pack and ship..this leads me to believe it's a nice website with Darin and Liz doing everything out of their garage - in all the time I have been in internet commerce,I have never heard of such a thing...and more importantly, admit it on the web....crazy...That was the day I ordered my octavo and TG...

King Luis
Apr 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
This made me laugh.

have you seen 99% of the threads in the regular iphone and ipad section? thats why i put that sig. they know what they are buying yet complain about the specs still.

because they ******** up..plain and simple ..all of them, except pad and quill which limits the options big time (fine with me - I use one now) - and with a few minor tweaks a lot of this could have been avoided:

Here's how:
put a pop up box on the TG site that pops up when you order - right after you hit "BUY". It should say "due to production constraints and our promise of quality, ordering at this time will take a MINIMUM of X weeks. Do you want to continue?" And the X should be reviewed weekly for accuracy.

And then if you hit yes, they should ignore every email/call from a person until that time frame has expired, if he is just inquiring about delivery and no order changes.

That would stop this whining here...

And I stopped looking ofr the Portenzo when they wrote they were going dark so they were going to ship - which means they are so low staffed that they had to step away from their computers to pack and ship..this leads me to believe it's a nice website with Darin and Liz doing everything out of their garage - in all the time I have been in internet commerce,I have never heard of such a thing...and more importantly, admit it on the web....crazy...That was the day I ordered my octavo and TG...

thats true. they should have done that.

MacDaddy08
Apr 29, 2011, 11:48 AM
HUGE delays????

I understand how production works and I understand that lots of custom orders coming in all at once are going to take a lot of time. The problem I have right now with Treegloo is that they have promised me my cases were going to ship each of the last 3 weeks, and here I am with a shipping notice without anything being shipped. On top of that, they lied to me, which extremely pisses me off. They made up some BS excuse as to why my cases didn't ship Monday and told me they would go out Wednesday, which didn't happen either.

If they were just up front and honest and said "Due to the overwhelming demand for our custom cases and the time it takes to create and produce each custom order, shipping times have been delayed 3-4 weeks from the original estimate," I would have been fine. Instead, they have chosen to lie to customers and promise shipping times which never happen in an attempt to buy themselves more time. That's what pisses me off.

Like I said, the last email I received from them said I will receive my cases Saturday, this is the 5th time now they have told me when I will be getting my cases. If Monday gets here and I still don't have cases and I'm given another excuse and another day when I'll receive them, I'm cancelling. This could have been completely avoided if they were just up front and honest from the beginning.

MacDaddy08
Apr 29, 2011, 11:50 AM
Just received another response from Treegloo:

"To insure Saturday delivery, you are getting a new tracking number. Your cases are shipping out tonight and you will receive them tomorrow."

We'll see if it happens, this is their last chance.

King Luis
Apr 29, 2011, 12:35 PM
Just received another response from Treegloo:

"To insure Saturday delivery, you are getting a new tracking number. Your cases are shipping out tonight and you will receive them tomorrow."

We'll see if it happens, this is their last chance.

shipping on saturday? aren't post offices closed on the weekend?

MathRulz
Apr 29, 2011, 12:54 PM

US Postal Service Express mail is delivered 365 days a year.

r6girl
Apr 29, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mine arrived today finally! My first impressions are that it's nice overall but not as tightly constructed as the Portenzo or DODOcase (both of which I owned for the iPad 1). The kinetic latch is nice and I'm glad I chose it over the elastic strap. The cut-out for the sleep/wake switch is way off but still usable.

I'm working on a more complete review (that I'll post in a new thread) and will also do a video review of it.

MacDaddy08
Apr 29, 2011, 02:52 PM

They use FedEx

cruisn76
Apr 29, 2011, 03:12 PM
I am running on a short fuse with Treegloo also. I ordered a very standard case without custom add-ons on April 3. I have not yet received a shipping confirmation and when I emailed them this was their response:
"We will look into what happened to your orders, as they definitely should have shipped beforehand."

I did not receive any shipment info prior to this response. Treegloo has been great in response but not of late. If they feel the pressure they should hire a extra set of hands to help for the time being. Getting your product out on time is much more important than holding off on hiring some extra help. But I have a feeling their suppliers are holding out on them and causing all the delays

SmittS
Apr 29, 2011, 03:20 PM
Blaming vendors and suppliers is not an excuse for ANY manufacturer. I work for a billion dollar manufacturing company and we run in to supply chain issues from time to time, but you never sole source any material and you always forecast and adjust your materials accordingly. If you run into material shortfalls and orders get back-logged, you ramp up production accordingly to maintain lead times. Sometimes there are global supply chain issues that are unavoidable (i.e. certain bulk plastics reliant on oil supply) but I guarantee that leather or wood are not materials that fall into that category. If and when I get my case, I may be happy with the quality, but Treegloo will not get my repeat business unless the quality really floors me (and from what I've seen from the pictures, they won't).

Aqua Bliss
Apr 30, 2011, 01:34 AM
Blaming vendors and suppliers is not an excuse for ANY manufacturer. I work for a billion dollar manufacturing company and we run in to supply chain issues from time to time, but you never sole source any material and you always forecast and adjust your materials accordingly. If you run into material shortfalls and orders get back-logged, you ramp up production accordingly to maintain lead times. Sometimes there are global supply chain issues that are unavoidable (i.e. certain bulk plastics reliant on oil supply) but I guarantee that leather or wood are not materials that fall into that category. If and when I get my case, I may be happy with the quality, but Treegloo will not get my repeat business unless the quality really floors me (and from what I've seen from the pictures, they won't).

Treegloo is probably composed of 2 guys and a girl assembling cases from their living room. Their supply chain consists of home depot and the local arts and crafts store.

I just remembered I think I have their phone number. If they don't write me back by Monday and include my tracking number, I'm gonna use it...

Sand Man
Apr 30, 2011, 07:15 AM
[QUOTE=King Luis;12483543]so your telling me that these case manufacturers weren't expecting thousands of orders to come in almost right away? QUOTE]

I am just curious what you do for a living? I have been in production and retail shipping for close to 20 years and if you are producing CUSTOM cases you are not putting every order into production as soon as the order is recieved. These guys probably went from 100 cases a week to a 1000 and like someone else stated on here they were probably just 2-3 people performing the tasks.
I agree forcasting plays a big part, but that only works if you know that you have the contract. When the companies I worked for had NEW buissness coming on they had a clue of how much to expect, and then purchased product and hired employees accordingly. You cannot just hire people with the anticipation of the buissness and then hope and pray that they choose your custom case.
Communication with some of these companies are better than others from what I have seen, but they ALL seem to have trouble from time to time fullfilling there promises.

kschles
Apr 30, 2011, 08:09 PM
I know Treegloo has fallen behind in it's customer service. This is part of a Treegloo post from their Facebook page in answer to someone complaining about not getting a response to their e-mail:

"Tomika, we really appreciate your enthusiasm, however you have emailed 17 times over the last 21 days asking for updates on something custom we have not confirmed we can build and we have answered every one of them as quickly as possible. The frame concept you are requesting requires us to stop production to fabricate a one-off unit."

I really believe they are doing the best they can.

sarends
Apr 30, 2011, 09:35 PM
I can't believe you could build anything with any degree of customization for under $100. It is very commendable that semi custom products like the Treegloo and the Portenzo even exist.

It is a big investment and risky for anyone without a significant balance sheet like Apple has, to make for any small company to ramp up ahead of time with the hopes they would be one of the ones people begin ordering hundreds and thousands of cases from.

Apple will sell their millions of iPads but the accessory market will be doled out to hundreds and hundreds of little vendors. The difference in financial capability to ramp up for production between Apple and an Apple accessory vendor is indescribably different.

I am amazed at the level of interest generated in these forums (myself included) for those who want a cool house for their very cool iPad. The problem is the manufacturer of the cool iPad is so cash rich it is silly and the vendor for the iPad accessory we are all clamoring for is cash and resource constrained like most any small business.

Alaerian
Apr 30, 2011, 10:09 PM
I know Treegloo has fallen behind in it's customer service. This is part of a Treegloo post from their Facebook page in answer to someone complaining about not getting a response to their e-mail:

"Tomika, we really appreciate your enthusiasm, however you have emailed 17 times over the last 21 days asking for updates on something custom we have not confirmed we can build and we have answered every one of them as quickly as possible. The frame concept you are requesting requires us to stop production to fabricate a one-off unit."

I really believe they are doing the best they can.

How is that indicative that they have "fallen behind" in their customer service? If anything, it shows that Tomika is an annoying customer that they would most likely prefer to simply not have as a customer in the first place. I don't blame them for that at all, considering he sounds like a royal pain in the ass.

It DOES show that they follow up and are willing to take on custom orders, even though they are swamped already.

gus6464
Apr 30, 2011, 10:57 PM
I was told they would for sure ship my case by the end of this week and have yet to receive a notice of any kind. I just emailed them to ask about it and if it has not yet shipped to go ahead and cancel my order. It has been over a month since I ordered and they have been pushing my shipping date back fpr three weeks straight now. Not really mad though just disappointed more than anything else.

MacDaddy08
Apr 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
I received may 2 cases today from Treegloo! I love them!

kschles
May 1, 2011, 07:13 AM
How is that indicative that they have "fallen behind" in their customer service? If anything, it shows that Tomika is an annoying customer that they would most likely prefer to simply not have as a customer in the first place. I don't blame them for that at all, considering he sounds like a royal pain in the ass.

It DOES show that they follow up and are willing to take on custom orders, even though they are swamped already.

I agree with you. A number of people are complaining that Treegloo used to respond to e-mails right away, but now it takes longer; as well as longer to receive their cases. Like Portenzo, I think Treegloo is getting overwhelmed. Having someone send 17 e-mails in 21 days shows that some folks are simply out of control. Dealing with such people slows up the process for everyone.

sarends
May 1, 2011, 08:47 AM

I could not agree with you more. A company, with the size and resources of Treegloo, simply cannot afford to give the kind of customer service and responsiveness that people are expecting. I read the same thing in the Portenzo thread. Lots and lots of people expecting the level of service if as if they had just ordered a $10,000 or even a $1,000 product.

I remember when Honda 1st started selling the Accord, delivery times were months and months beyond what was promised. I cancelled my order after waiting 6 months, and as a young man, I was very irate at the dealer and at Honda. But, what I didn't understand then, I understand now, having had t ime to start several businesses of my own.

Even though the Civic had been successful, they simply could Not predict the orders they would receive for the 1st Accord.

King Luis
May 2, 2011, 09:00 AM
regarding cancelation. if you paid through google or paypal, (i think those are the only options) is there a maximum time that can pass before they cannot return your money? i remember with ebay is was 45 days or something like that.

Aqua Bliss
May 2, 2011, 12:32 PM
regarding cancelation. if you paid through google or paypal, (i think those are the only options) is there a maximum time that can pass before they cannot return your money? i remember with ebay is was 45 days or something like that.
PayPal is 45 days as well. That should be plenty of time (at least for TG). If you haven't received it by the 43rd day, I'd file with PayPal.

outphase
May 2, 2011, 04:25 PM
I agree with you. A number of people are complaining that Treegloo used to respond to e-mails right away, but now it takes longer; as well as longer to receive their cases. Like Portenzo, I think Treegloo is getting overwhelmed. Having someone send 17 e-mails in 21 days shows that some folks are simply out of control. Dealing with such people slows up the process for everyone.

Ironically, that 17 in 21 person had never actually ordered.

gus6464
May 2, 2011, 07:27 PM
Well I got my tracking email today for my case. Will be here on Wednesday according to fedex. This is moment is kinda bittersweet after all the waiting but I guess I will see if it was worth it.