Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
How would a 13" MBA fit into a 15" Laptop Bag? (Messenger bag from Incase: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-messenger-cl55340)

Unfortunately Incase doesn't manufacture a smaller one (Not that I want a smaller bag.), but I was wondering if putting a 13" laptop into a 15" slot would damage the laptop because of the extra space which the laptop would shake around in and potentially be damaged in.

mutsaers-vr.nl

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
The Netherlands
If you can afford such a relative expensive MBA than you should be able to buy a good case aswell. The waterfield sleevecases are very good.

How would a 13" MBA fit into a 15" Laptop Bag? (Messenger bag from Incase: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-messenger-cl55340)

Unfortunately Incase doesn't manufacture a smaller one (Not that I want a smaller bag.), but I was wondering if putting a 13" laptop into a 15" slot would damage the laptop because of the extra space which the laptop would shake around in and potentially be damaged in.

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
If you can afford such a relative expensive MBA than you should be able to buy a good case aswell. The waterfield sleevecases are very good.

I don't really like cases much - one more thing to take out/put in, wouldn't it? I've looked at the waterfield sleevecases before, and I don't really like the look of it, and also would like to retain the aluminium 'nakedness' of my laptop.

Has anyone had any experience with a 13" laptop in a 15" laptop bag?

iNotion

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Singapore
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am using a Targus Crave for 16" but looks compact small for a 13".

http://www.targus.com/sg/product_details.asp?sku=TSB158AP

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I have my MacBook air in a incase coated canvas messenger bag, and while it is loose inside, the cushioning hasn't really bothered me. I have thought about getting a sleeve, particularly the leather sleeve from incipio, but I don't really think I need it.

skcrane

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
dayton, oh
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

That is what I do I bought a laptop bag from big lots last weekend for $13 nice weight too made for 15 but with sleeve around air and the bag had a velcro divider for a 13 laptop really works great bag big enough for laptop, electric plug and kindle awesome deal works perfect

skcrane

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
dayton, oh

That is what I do I bought a laptop bag from big lots last weekend for $13 nice weight too made for 15 but with sleeve around air and the bag had a velcro divider for a 13 laptop really works great bag big enough for laptop, electric plug and kindle awesome deal works perfect

mutsaers-vr.nl

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
The Netherlands
nakedness !!!! if you take it out the waterfield case it is nacked as it is when you take it out of a laptop bag !!!!

I don't really like cases much - one more thing to take out/put in, wouldn't it? I've looked at the waterfield sleevecases before, and I don't really like the look of it, and also would like to retain the aluminium 'nakedness' of my laptop.

Has anyone had any experience with a 13" laptop in a 15" laptop bag?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.