PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is the Smart Cover really ugly?

macmisty
Mar 9, 2011, 05:42 PM
I was all set on getting a Smart Cover until I saw this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whichtechnology/5492689955/in/photostream/

I hope it's just the color that's making it look super ugly?

joltaxt
Mar 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
LOL, as clever as Apple's marketing is that is literally the ugliest smart cover picture I've seen. Go to youtube, there are better pictures than that.

tomandshell
Mar 9, 2011, 06:58 PM
I need to see how it looks folded flat all the way around the back. Will the magnet keep it in place that way? How funky will the hinge look?

tgcken
Mar 9, 2011, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if I'd say they're ugly or not, though as a guy I'm definitely not overly impressed with the color choices on the cheaper smart covers.

If I were in the market for one, I wouldn't be happy with the fact that only the bright colored ones were cheap. They're a bit too "flashy" for me. Even the gray is odd. Where's the solid black one in the $40 price range?

$30 seems like a lot more to pay for someone with no special affinity for leather.

joltaxt
Mar 9, 2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if I'd say they're ugly or not, though as a guy I'm definitely not overly impressed with the color choices on the cheaper smart covers.

If I were in the market for one, I wouldn't be happy with the fact that only the bright colored ones were cheap. They're a bit too "flashy" for me. Even the gray is odd. Where's the solid black one in the $40 price range?

$30 seems like a lot more to pay for someone with no special affinity for leather.

Of course the better looking ones are higher prices. You think apple would release the uglier ones for $70? LOL you would be doing the same thing if you were in charge. It makes no sense for them to charge less for the better looking smart covers. Cmon.