PDA

View Full Version : Smart Cover while open

chenjas1
Mar 9, 2011, 10:10 PM
Anyone know if the Smart Cover's magnet works on the rear of the iPad? Meaning, when flipped completely open and back onto the rear of the iPad, does the Smart Cover stay magnetized or does it flap around?

tomandshell
Mar 9, 2011, 10:51 PM
I would really like to know this as well. None of the Apple videos or hands on clips from YouTube show the cover fully opened around the back, they focus on the triangular stand mode.

jedolley
Mar 9, 2011, 11:29 PM
The Macworld video review shows that it does. You can even fold just half of it back so that the rear camera is still available.

SchneiderMan
Mar 9, 2011, 11:56 PM
Yes, don't know if it magnetically attaches on the other side too though.

Aqua Bliss
Mar 10, 2011, 02:23 AM
Hmmm so if I have a silicon case and a smart cover, the smart cover may be flapping in the wind. Maybe these 2 don't go so well together.

dalvin200
Mar 10, 2011, 02:28 AM
Yes, don't know if it magnetically attaches on the other side too though.

but thats exactly what Jason Snell implies in his video - that it does attach when it's half folded.

wfj5444
Mar 10, 2011, 07:44 AM
Macworld review of the just the Smart Cover: http://www.macworld.com/article/158447/2011/03/ipad_2_smart_cover.html

In the review he talks about just that. It folds on to the back and attaches via the magnet. It also to the back in half and on to itself attaching via the magnet.

More reasons ( I was very skeptical at first) I am getting one.