Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiggerDee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Good morning!

I have been trying to update my iPad to iOS 4.3 for a day now, and haven't had any success. I have updated iTunes to 10.2.1 (Windows/PC). When connect my 64GB 3G iPad, it just performs a standard sync, and says that my iPad's SW is up to date. When I click on "Check for update" on the iPad summary screen, iTunes gives me a message that 4.2 is the current version. I have never had any updating issues with iTunes, my iPad, or any other iPhone, so I'm a bit baffled. I've googled this, but haven't found anyone else having the same issue (I originally thought that Apple was throttling the updates so that everyone wouldn't update at once, but everyone else that I know with an iPad has had a successful update). Thanks in advance for reading this, and for any suggestions or solutions.

Take care

Saberj

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
I had to find the 4.3 update file and manually update via the file. The was speculation that the problem was caused by upgrading to 4.2 outside of the normal upgrade method. But I can't confirm that. I'm not even sure if I ended up doing that.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Saberj

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
One idea from http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=13199807 is to ensure firewalls are turned off: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2799

Also, you *have* updated iTunes to the latest version, right?

All else fails, try doing a Restore and see if that works. I did that to switch from 4.3GM to the official release since iTunes saw 4.3GM as the current version. The Restore forced a download of the release-version iOS4.3

If it's the same problem I had, it will have nothing to do with firewalls. My iPod updated just fine. It was the iPad having the problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.