PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 - Roseville Galleria - Roseville, Ca

mgford11
Mar 10, 2011, 11:34 AM
Alright, let's see what the lay of the land is here; anyone planning on heading out there tomorrow morning/afternoon?
Heard any stock estimates? Got some insider info?

Sneakypants
Mar 10, 2011, 10:18 PM
Alright, let's see what the lay of the land is here; anyone planning on heading out there tomorrow morning/afternoon?
Heard any stock estimates? Got some insider info?

Mall will not let anyone line-up inside the mall until 3pm on Friday. As for people camping outside tonight and through til 3pm is unsure. I'm sure you will get your DIE HARD fan or two out there, but I don't honestly see there being that many people there.

I waited 17 hours for iPhone 4 - which was a significant upgrade to my 3GS - that was a long wait and well worth it.

As for iPad 2, there isn't enough significant differences with the new specs to warrant a long launch-date line. And considering the fact that it's 2x the price of the iPhone 4 contracted for the lowest Tier iPad.

My predictions are - just walk in around 7 or 8pm and you'll be good to go in a short while. :D

AndreyCo
Mar 10, 2011, 10:37 PM
I was planning to go to the Roseville store but decided to go to the less affluent Arden Fair location at 3:30 pm...hoping to get out by 6pm.

mgford11
Mar 11, 2011, 10:33 AM
Anyone checked out the line this morning? has one formed?

psychonaut
Mar 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
I don't plan to head out for Galleria until 4pm at earliest. I suspect a long line but worst case they sell out of the model I want and I just wait a few weeks.

pr0jekt23
Mar 11, 2011, 03:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I showed up around 130 at Arden, the lines are probably around 150+, I am down by the Vans store. Should be interesting.

ebd.i.am
Mar 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well I showed up around 130 at Arden, the lines are probably around 150+, I am down by the Vans store. Should be interesting.

Wow thats a lot of people..

Anyone in line at the Galleria?

I don't plan on buying it today but I definitely want to play with it. I was thinking if I go way later tonight I can just walk in and fondel it lol.

psychonaut
Mar 11, 2011, 05:39 PM
I am at Galleria now and there are about 120 people in front of me with at least another 50 behind me. The line goes out the door and I really can't see.

ebd.i.am
Mar 11, 2011, 06:17 PM
^Ugh...thanks lol

I'm thinking I'll just wait to play it with next week.

ebd.i.am
Mar 11, 2011, 06:38 PM
Just called Fry's in Roseville.

There is no line forming, so anybody wanting to purchase the iPad2 today might want to swing by there.

ebd.i.am
Mar 11, 2011, 07:35 PM
Nevermind Fry's in Roseville is sold out.

AFeeForFredAh
Mar 11, 2011, 08:47 PM
Just got home from Target on Douglas. All sold out. According to clerk they only had a handful of units, and all were apparently 64gb, white, wifi-only. Said to check back tomorrow early. Seems re-stocking is happening daily during launch period. YMMV.

El Carbonite
Mar 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
According to a search on Twitter, the Roseville Galleria Apple Store is sold out of iPads. Anyone have any tactics for trying to get one tomorrow?

mgford11
Mar 12, 2011, 02:03 AM
According to a search on Twitter, the Roseville Galleria Apple Store is sold out of iPads. Anyone have any tactics for trying to get one tomorrow?

I'd go damn early to the galleria and wait it out. I'd imagine they'll have them tomorrow. I know best buy was trying to presell Saturday's units according to their press release; it was a madhouse I've there earlier. I got there around 130 and by 5 the line was well past ulta and still growing.

bradl
Mar 12, 2011, 02:15 AM
I work down in Natomas Marketplace, off of I-80 and Truxel. In fact, my building is next to the building that houses Best Buy, Office Max, and BevMo. I could see the line outside of Best Buy, to the point that if I had a slingshot, I could have picked off a few of them from my desk! :D

Honestly, the hype and 1st in buying experience aside, I'd rather have waited if I were going to buy one. At least where I'm at though, I have BB, VZW, Target, Walmart, and ATT stores within a block radius of work, so options definitely would have been open.

BL.

T-Will
Mar 19, 2011, 12:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I got in line this morning (3/19) at 8:30am, there were about 20 people there. I guess a few (maybe 5?) were handed tickets before I got there. The rest of us left empty handed.

keviha
Mar 25, 2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone try Roseville Galleria last couple of days? If so, what's the line up looked like and have they been getting decent stock in? Cheers!