Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Interested in hearing from those who were at last year's launch to help guage what things might look like this year. 3pm is probably the earliest I can get there, so I'm not sure what things might look like by then.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Will be interested in seeing some line reports. I may have to switch up my schedule should the line start growing early. I think it should be mandatory for all Apple stores to have a live web cam in front of each of their doors. ;)

don pianta

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
Cincinnati
I'm planning on heading there later on today... Regardless of the line, I know the apple store will have enough iPads in stock. So i'm not worried.

I might head over at 2:30 (I have to buy some new headphones anyway so I might as well get them before I get the iPad)

I can update the status of the line when I get there

cajaygle

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
70 people at 12:50

There are about 70 people in line now. The Apple store is taking inventory of what they have. At some point they are going to go through the line and ask people which they want to buy, so they can determine how long supplies will last.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Wow! Thanks for the update. I guess the good news is that taking the poll across those in line may give people a chance to try other outlets before 5. Please keep us posted! I'm not likely to get there before 3pm.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Got here earlier than I thought. Line is back to Anthropologie for those who know the mall. Wild guess of 150+ I'd say.

mojOH

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Keep us posted for sure! I know I won't be able to get there until after work today (and I have to drive up from florence!)

JimmyC1219

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
What is the line looking like now? Have the closed the store? Have they given any details to how it will work when they open back up at 5?

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Line goes all the way to Nordstroms and is now wrapping back towards Apple. Incredible number of people. My guess is that if you aren't here, don't bother.

cajaygle

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I just got home with my shiny new iPad2! The line was incredible -- it went from the Apple store down to Nordstrom and had looped all the way back to the Apple store by 5:00. I estimate 300 people or more.

Jilldo33

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Is it worth still going there? Did they mention how many units they received?

All Best Buys in the city are sold out.

Jilldo33

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Ok thanks. My Fiance is headed there now. I gave him the sad eyes when we found out best buy was out. I've waited a long time for this day and our schedules just couldn't work out to wait in line for hours the way we've done in the past.

Jetfire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
FYI the Best Buy (they only had 70 units), Target and Walmart in Fields Ertel are out. Couldn't get out of work early. I tried them since the line is so long at the Apple Store. I just ordered online now have to wait 2-3weeks. Keep the updates coming

Last edited:

mojOH

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Since they sold out yesterday, I came back this morning. Standing in a line of about 25 people waiting on the chance that a truck MIGHT come today and that it MIGHT have Ipad2's on it. Guess that makes me and isheep or ilemming

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Since they sold out yesterday, I came back this morning. Standing in a line of about 25 people waiting on the chance that a truck MIGHT come today and that it MIGHT have Ipad2's on it. Guess that makes me and isheep or ilemming

Eh, good thing I didn't drive the 1 hr drive (each way) to deal with this. I might wait a month and order from AAFES for $10 off and no tax.

I kinda wanted it this weekend though. :(

Dubthedankest

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2010

Hey, can you let us know when said truck shows up? I'd be interested to see what time their shipments often come in. I'm awaiting stock at a different location. The times probably won't correlate at all but I'm still curious.

mojOH

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
It came in @ like 1100 with sales starting around 1115. Only had 16g black and white wifi only and 64g at&t. No ipad for me today...

Slipg

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
It came in @ like 1100 with sales starting around 1115. Only had 16g black and white wifi only and 64g at&t. No ipad for me today...

I came in today on Sunday to the Kenwood store, and they said they didn't have any and didn't know when they would get any.

Slipg

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's 32 gb white verz at Microcenter Mall. It's there right now.

rp2955

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
was there this morning

they have a shipment in. I got in there at 7:15 and people already lined up 40 + deep. Missed one by about 5 people. Called tonight to see about tomorrow morning and got the same "not sure". So I will probably bow out but if anyone goes up tomorrow let us know. I might try later in the week or Saturday morning.

Slipg

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
I went there today at about 8:30 am. There was about 30-40 people. Talked to the clerk, and he said the first person in line arrived at 3 AM. He also said the only stock was black 16 and 32 GB WiFi.

He said that I could order online, and if I found one before the online order shipped, I could cancel my online order.

Cheers!

elcid

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone go in today or going tomorrow? I'm thinking it is going to be a pretty long line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.