Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Are you talking about Web Radio Broadcasting? If so a person by the title name Crayola does and awesome broadcast of music from his iTunes. Thee nice thing is no commercials.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I've just started listening myself. I tried three this weekend:

Buzz Out loud from CNet. Wasn't impressed, but it wasn't the regular host. We'll give this one another try.

Wizards of Technology. Even lamer than Buzz Out Loud. Not sure I'll try this one again.

Grape Radio. This is about wine, and it's not a bad one. They had an interesting interview with the proprietor of winebid.com. I'll definitely listen again.

I'm using iPodderX to download the podcasts to my shuffle. So far it's rather confusing. I hope the free iTunes version is out before my 30-day-trial of iPodderX runs out.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
This Week in Tech is the only one I listen to. It's the old gang from "The Screen Savers" on TechTV - Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, Kevin Rose, etc. If you liked the show, you'll probably like this as well.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
very interesting.

I may have to get into this podcasting thing.

Was I to understand that podcasting subscription was something to be offered within iTunes or am I mistaken? Anyone know the details on that?

mac-mania

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2005
Deefuzz said:
very interesting.

I may have to get into this podcasting thing.

Was I to understand that podcasting subscription was something to be offered within iTunes or am I mistaken? Anyone know the details on that?

iTunes 4.9 is apparently going to include Podcasting utilities and downloads. Which will amazing for start-ups without the bandwith to share a show week after week.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
I too have been trying out the Podcasting and experimenting with different shows

I have been trying shows like:

this WEEK in TECH

Dawn & Drew Show

Adam Curry's: The Daily Source Code

I've used iPodder but I found problems with it, might try it again but I'm also using Podcast.net which is a directory for podcast stations

Interested to hear what others recommend also :)

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I thought podcasting was in the iTunes music store but im not seeing it. Do you need to have the apple id or something. Im still learning this, so do i use itunes or something else and is it free.

Thanks

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
DeSnousa said:
I thought podcasting was in the iTunes music store but im not seeing it. Do you need to have the apple id or something. Im still learning this, so do i use itunes or something else and is it free.

Thanks
It's not out yet. Wait for iTunes 4.9.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
DeSnousa said:

Thanks

Until iTunes is updated to 4.9 (around 30 days or something) you won't be able to access the podcast section of the music store, so for now you will need to use 3rd party programs like iPodder to download the feeds and listen to them

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Just as an FYI for those of you now searching iPodder for "this week in tech" and finding nothing. It's listed under TWIT.

Not that I just now spent thirty minutes searching for it or anything.

Edit: And another thing. Is there any way to put all the podcasts into one playlist? IPodder's creating playlists like the dickens on my computer.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
thanks for the quick replies also.

I see like on This Week in Tech they also offer MP3 versions for download...do most do this or do they have to be acquired by use of something such as iPodder?

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Deefuzz said:
thanks for the quick replies also.

I see like on This Week in Tech they also offer MP3 versions for download...do most do this or do they have to be acquired by use of something such as iPodder?

Well at the moment I am getting the feeds without a program so you should by able to find an MP3 download on any station site

TBR

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
blatent

Self Promotion :)

Check out my show over at http://www.mashuppodcast.co.uk , 7 months old and still going strong :)

The show about well anything I like, but mainly bootleg/mashups. if you like the show, spread the word. The current show talks about music, t-shirts and star trek. If you don't recieve a show for a while it's not because I've stopped, it's simply cause I havn't done one yet :)

Also my favorite podcasts of the moment are:

Radio Clash
MacCast
Radio adventures of Doctor Floyd
One Minute Tip
TWIT
The Wizards of Technology
Wizard news (LOTR & Harry Potter News)
SCI FI Wire
Video Game News Radio (very different kind of gaming show)
Engadget
Tokyo Calling
Area 51
Mobuzz (video cast)
Rocket boom (video cast)
Mashcast
Mashup of the Week

And I have another 15 or so that I used to listen to or got bored of or like the sound of but not got time to check out etc etc.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
TBR said:
Self Promotion :)

Check out my show over at http://www.mashuppodcast.co.uk , 7 months old and still going strong :)

I tried to subscribe to your podcast but I got a Safari Can't Read Page notice.

Also I checked out Rocket boom video cast it it was really cool.... I had no idea there were videocasts too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.