PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recomend a decent car radio for ipad iphone 4?

SkyStudios
Mar 11, 2011, 03:42 AM
Hello all, i regret purchasing a ALPINE CDE-125BT, both the dealer and i where misled by Alpine´s false advertising, on the box it claims to work with a iphone generation 1,2, 3, 4 and 5!! remind you it does not exist.

I had my prior radio ripped off, cables all over so i had to pay money to have a new one installed, unfortunately ALPINE decided to play cat and mouse with all of us, including the dealer on this, the electrician has a 3GS so he did not know, after 3 days and 2 emails we all called ALPINE, their story is you have to send a email, upon mentioning we did they decided to only look for it putting us on hold instead of answering the question, finally they gave in and flat out told us NONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS WORK WITH A iPad, PERIOD, even 3G ipad!

We also concluded that they told us on the phone to avoid putting it in a email, since the box does say it should work with iphone 5th generation as well, they might as well added the 25 generation.

Now i have to drive 7 miles to this car dealer again who i am sure we will have to work out what part of the installation should be covered by who and exchange this garbage, very sad because we where told by many ALPINE owners that they are very very good, i guess technology is advancing too fast.

So anyone get a ipad to work with a nice beautiful unit in the 200 dollar range¿? blue tooth, mic, music playback and use of ipad at the same time while charging, possible in 2011 yet?

SkyStudios
Mar 12, 2011, 05:40 AM
wow, no one used car radios with i`phones or ipads, shucks

drexel99
Mar 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hello all, i regret purchasing a ALPINE CDE-125BT, both the dealer and i where misled by Alpine´s false advertising, on the box it claims to work with a iphone generation 1,2, 3, 4 and 5!! remind you it does not exist.

I had my prior radio ripped off, cables all over so i had to pay money to have a new one installed, unfortunately ALPINE decided to play cat and mouse with all of us, including the dealer on this, the electrician has a 3GS so he did not know, after 3 days and 2 emails we all called ALPINE, their story is you have to send a email, upon mentioning we did they decided to only look for it putting us on hold instead of answering the question, finally they gave in and flat out told us NONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS WORK WITH A iPad, PERIOD, even 3G ipad!

We also concluded that they told us on the phone to avoid putting it in a email, since the box does say it should work with iphone 5th generation as well, they might as well added the 25 generation.

Now i have to drive 7 miles to this car dealer again who i am sure we will have to work out what part of the installation should be covered by who and exchange this garbage, very sad because we where told by many ALPINE owners that they are very very good, i guess technology is advancing too fast.

So anyone get a ipad to work with a nice beautiful unit in the 200 dollar range¿? blue tooth, mic, music playback and use of ipad at the same time while charging, possible in 2011 yet?

I have a pioneer premiere 7100bt. It pairs great with the iphone4. I've had no issues with it. Phone works great. Also has 2 usb ports that you can hook up to. only problem with them is that they won't charge the ipad.

good luck.

Jay
annapolis, md

teloche
Aug 9, 2011, 12:15 PM
I have a pioneer premiere 7100bt. It pairs great with the iphone4. I've had no issues with it. Phone works great. Also has 2 usb ports that you can hook up to. only problem with them is that they won't charge the ipad.

good luck.

Jay
annapolis, md

same here, i dont think a single car radio sends 10v to the USB interface, like the desktops, but have on noticed it is charging the iPad, like wait half hour and it does it a little, i just wonder if the batteries go bad,