PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Eco-Vue?

SSpiro
Mar 11, 2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/Eco-Vue-iPad-2-case

Thinking about jumping on this one..

mye
Mar 11, 2011, 11:38 AM
I've had this case for the first iPad since May 2010. Here's the problems I've had with it:

Edges of the micro suede inside frayed the first couple weeks. It wasn't excessive, and stopped after the first month or so - I haven't seen any more fraying since. This didn't bother me, but it might be unacceptable to another buyer.

After the first few months, the back cover was warped from the elastic closure strap, and the iPad wouldn't stay in the case. (Luckily it never fell further than onto my bed.) I had to make a modification to the "safety tab" that's supposed to hold it in. I know I'm not the only one this has happened to, because the modification idea came from googling about this problem with the Marware case.

I love the hand strap, I love the folding stand. Aside from the warping, it's held up really well and still looks very professional. Would I recommend it? I honestly don't know. The warping is a pretty big problem, and you shouldn't have to mod a case to keep in the product it's meant to hold.

It's possible that Marware's made improvements with the iPad2 version.