Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first customers have received their iPad 2s after standing in line for much of the day. Some of the first photos from an unboxing are provided here:

PCMagazine also had a good unboxing and review video of the iPad 2 based on a review unit they had received:

We've started a forum discussion thread for readers to post their first impressions of the iPad 2 and photos.

Article Link: iPad 2 Unboxing Photos and Video

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Apple knows how to box things. I miss the black boxes though, white is just not as pretty. I remember unboxing my click wheel iPod, those were the days; it was like a little adventure given to me by the former Apple Computer.

Was that really a suprize. It looks just like the ipad1

...and preforms like one as well.

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
Looking nice! Apple must spend some serious money on packaging design.

Cant wait for the UK to get the iPad. But with US online store shipping dates saying 2-3 weeks, I'm spectacle as to whether we will actually get any this month.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Am I the only one who has problems with the HTML5 version of YouTube? When I click "play" it shows me the spinning graphic but nothing happens. It worked fine a few weeks ago.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Not enough of a change to make me want to upgrade to be honest, I'll see changes iPad 3 brings before I consider replacing my current.

Although I am interested in hearing how that new speaker design changes the sound quality, the sound from the current iPad is already pretty decent, especially for a mobile device.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Mother Nature is happy about this.

Mother Nature would be happier if Apple didn't release products missing blatantly obvious features, then less than a year later release a product with the missing features added, prompting people to go out and buy the new one, every year.

RKpro

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2008
The HDMI output is supposed to be mirroring the iPad screen, so is it always outputting 4:3? Like in the promo videos?

If you start watching a 720p 16:9 video will it fill the whole TV?

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
Mother Nature would be happier if Apple didn't release products missing blatantly obvious features, then less than a year later release a product with the missing features added, prompting people to go out and buy the new one, every year.

No, Mother Nature is happy about that. She's on Apple's side.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm jealous of you guys! Although I'm not too jealous. I just got to unbox my ThunderBook last week and it is still wowing me with speed and probably magic.

Oh and don't forget, lightning bolts shooting out of it.

Friscohoya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Oaktown
I think Mother Nature would have been happier if Apple did a proper pre-sale, and saved many people the gas/carbon emissions that come from driving to the local store and waiting in line to pick one up.

Somebody has to drive it to your house. The particle mover has not yet materialzed in the world. Jobs is working on it though.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
I think Mother Nature would have been happier if Apple did a proper pre-sale, and saved many people the gas/carbon emissions that come from driving to the local store and waiting in line to pick one up.

why all the whining? every post I read from you is the same!

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I really wanted to make this my first iPad! I'm going to wait for the 3rd, I wanted a little bit more from this one.

La Porta

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2006
Posting from mine right now. What a slick device!

One odd thing, at least at the Albany, NY store. They had literally no available 32 gig ATT stock. Wonder why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.