Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I'd like to know what different cases everyone is finding, and where. I've only seen the smart cases, but I'd like to get something that protects the back, and I would rather go buy one instead of ordering online.

bigwinnerx

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Bumping because this deserves a mention.

I went to Best Buy (1 case, the 360 from Targus), Target (only Smart Covers) and Wal Mart (nothing at all)

I just need something temporarily until my Portenzo shows up. For now, I'm using a 10.2 neoprene netbook case, which makes the iPad look like Heidi Klum wearing a parka.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
The same as everyone else here. The Griffin at Best Buy is okay; I have that now until my cheap sleeve from Amazon gets here today. I will use that until good cases are available (I have a Scosche foldio on order, but they aren't shipping yet).

I shopped around last weekend and found nothing but pink smart covers and an opened Griffin Elan Folio Slim at Best Buy (I already had one of these; plan to return it tonight, though).

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
few if any of the cases mentioned here make use of the magnet sleep wake feature on the iPad. Seems like a waste of a useful and neat feature. Marware will have the magnets, and so will Vaja. Any manufacturer omitting this should be ashamed, especially of they are charging alot of money and touting as a beautiful design.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
I got a targus Vuscape from best buy for $40. I like it quite well so far, although it just occurred to me that I might want something that also holds a stylus once I get one...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.