PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with base. Ordered Ultimate.

jinxednuance
Mar 12, 2011, 09:27 AM
I am not sure why, but my Air base model seems to disappoint.

1. I've had a flickering screen more than 3 times now. It is something I've never experienced in any computer I've ever had.

2. Almost every time I wake up the computer from an overnight sleep, I have to restart because it simply doesn't respond. And even if it did, I'd have to wait at least 15 to 30 seconds for it to respond.

That's a little disappointing so I've contacted the Apple store and decided to get the refurb ultimate. I hope I'm not disappointed with that one too.

simeezee
Mar 12, 2011, 10:34 AM

1. I've had a flickering screen more than 3 times now. It is something I've never experienced in any computer I've ever had.

2. Almost every time I wake up the computer from an overnight sleep, I have to restart because it simply doesn't respond. And even if it did, I'd have to wait at least 15 to 30 seconds for it to respond.

That's a little disappointing so I've contacted the Apple store and decided to get the refurb ultimate. I hope I'm not disappointed with that one too.

Regarding the MBA not responding after sleep happens to me too sometimes. But definitely not every night.

kkel19
Mar 12, 2011, 11:29 AM
i have base never happened to me

alflavor
Mar 12, 2011, 02:11 PM
Likewise, surely faulty, you've done the best thing to return.

entatlrg
Mar 12, 2011, 02:45 PM
Yes, defect for sure. Air's don't run like that!

gonnabuyamacbsh
Mar 12, 2011, 03:49 PM
My base 11 runs smooth as butter. You got a lemon son!

Skydivincoastie
Mar 12, 2011, 07:49 PM
Same here...My base 11'' is the best Mac I've owned so far...everyone saying you need 4GB is just crazy! I've opened tons of apps, and no problems or errors!

iNotion
Mar 12, 2011, 09:25 PM
you have a "Need For Speed". :apple: