Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ExnomenDei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Quick question:

Since the HDMI-adapter mirrors the iPad screen exactly, what happens when you play a movie with the iPad in a dock, and the HDMI-adapter attached? Wouldn't that make the movie sorely lacking in the 'size' department? It would be cropped for portrait and then for landscape again.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Quick question:

Since the HDMI-adapter mirrors the iPad screen exactly, what happens when you play a movie with the iPad in a dock, and the HDMI-adapter attached? Wouldn't that make the movie sorely lacking in the 'size' department? It would be cropped for portrait and then for landscape again.

It responds to the rotation.

rnelan7

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009
Boise
You could use the rotation lock to keep it in landscape before you dock. (just a thought, I have not actually tried it)

ExnomenDei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
So, what, Apple doesn't have a proper solution for this? They talk about how it works on the Dock's page, and then the solution is to lock the thing?

...You're joking, right? I am disappoint!

blkonblk17

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
I'm using it right now watching netflix. The orientation doesn't matter. I can place the ipad standing up, or laying down and orientation does not change on my LCD. Only downside is that the screen needs to stay on, on the ipad. For instance, I have the smart cover. If I close it the magnets turn off my screen thus turning off the live feed to my lcd. Also, when I'm streaming netflix from my ipad to my lcd using the hdmi adapter the ipad screen stays red with the word netflix on it. I can pause and go forward or back however you don't have to worry about the movie or show showing up both on the ipad and the lcd. Hope I don't confuse anyone. Any questions just ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.