Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skomer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
So I've installed Windows XP SP3 onto my MacBook Pro (OS 10.5.8), no problems. But can't seem to get the drivers installed, despite trying a few things.

First I inserted the Leopard install CD, as instructed in all the FAQs. The CD loaded, but no information shows. Windows reads it as a blank CD with 0 bytes of space. Then I tried inserting the OS X install disc 1, with the same result. Both discs read fine when I'm back in Mac so I don't think they're damaged.

Then I downloaded the v2.1 drivers here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL830
The text here says they will work even if no drivers are yet installed. I moved these to Win XP on a USB stick and tried to run the .exe - no luck. The USB stick reads fine, and I copied the .exe onto the Windows desktop but it still won't run. When I double click it thinks for a second and then does nothing more.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the drivers installed? Thanks in advance - I've searched extensively but not found any help.

Edit: Realised that the 2.1 drivers won't work anyway because I'm using Bootcamp v2.0 . Slightly confused as to why Apple distribute the 2.1 drivers freely but not the 2.0 ones. Hmph.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.