PDA

View Full Version : Soft spot (PB 12")

_bnkr612
Feb 20, 2005, 01:16 PM
I have a Rev. C 12" PB and I was wondering if anyone else had the issue of the soft spot on the trim to the right of the latch button. I can push it and it has some give like there is no support there. I know the HD is on the other side and it's stiff.

It's not affecting anything, kinda makes the latch harder to push when the screen protector is on, due to the fact that protector is more thick...

Anyway, anyone else?

Cheers.

mcgarry
Feb 20, 2005, 05:47 PM
I've had mine since October and never noticed this until I read your post. Yes mine is softer on the right than on the left. I don't think it's important for me at least; my latch and the immediately surrounding area are totally firm. I do not use a screen protector.

brap
Feb 20, 2005, 05:52 PM
Anyway, anyone else?Yep.
Although I believe the HD is on the left.

Also, my grey plastic trim just left of Caps Lock is loose. It only ever annoys me when I'm being a pedant...

_bnkr612
Feb 23, 2005, 12:05 AM
Didn't mean to freak you out, just wanted to see if this was common or even in 15 & 17's as well.

I think mine might be a transformer trying to get out. It will soon turn into robot and get up and walk away and head to my attic to play with my other transformers and even my transformer velcro shoes from 1986.

anotherjeff
Feb 23, 2005, 01:23 AM
I also have a 12" rev. C from around October but I can't seem to find this soft spot.

ibilly
Feb 23, 2005, 01:56 AM
What is that big rectangular thingy righ near where you mentioned the soft spot. It's heavy, rectangular, you can take it out with a coin, and it has f little lights that blink and light up! What's it called again? (I can never remember...)