Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarracksBoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Hi Guys,

I have one of the last generation 15" i7 mbps and have suddnely realised that the intel integrated graphics card seems to be outperforming my discrete one?

It's especially noticable when using spaces as when going between itunes and safari it's super speedy, but add an application that starts up the 330M (such as iphoto) and the switch between the two same spaces with just itunes and safari suddenly becomes all laggy.

Is this a know thing that the 330M is slower off the mark or is this an issue that I should take to apple?

Many Thanks

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
No the 330M is a lot faster then the integrated.

The 330M also outperforms the new 6490m in the base 15 inch MBP.

I have no problems with mine. (I got a 15 inch with 330M too)

BarracksBoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
ok then

so what should i do about it? just leave it as i use the integrated so much more or actually bother to go to apple about it?

BarracksBoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
just to make things better my integrated graphics seem to have decided to have it's time too:

yes apparently that's a screenshot of my screen :p

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 70

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
Sounds like machine is lagging when switching between the two cards. Nothing wrong with each of the cards individually, just the time it's taking your computer to switch between them. Could be wrong though.

BarracksBoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
i'd love to be able to agree but unfortunately it isn't that :(

it flickers when i start iphoto indicating the switch and profiler shows the 330M becoming the one driving the display, and i've made sure everything's minimally using the card and it still manages to lag doing what the integrated can just zoom through

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.