Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sh0k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I used to have a Belkin Grip Vue clear for my iPad and I'm looking to buy something similar for my iPad 2. Any luck finding something similar?

So far I found the Scosche Flexible Rubber case at a good price on Amazon.

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2108

Any experiences with the Scosche brand ?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Targus has a TPU case, but it seems to be hard to find in stock. I should be getting mine tomorrow. I won't have my iPad until Wednesday, but I will take some pics of it anyways since the stock pics don't really show anything. I will also write a comparison to the Belkin Grip Vue since that was my main case on the iPad 1 (quality, feel, etc.). When I get the iPad on Wed. I can then give more detail on fit, use, etc.

Sh0k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Perfect, please post the pictures when you get it. For me the Grip Vue was the perfect case with the perfect grip.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Perfect, please post the pictures when you get it. For me the Grip Vue was the perfect case with the perfect grip.

+1 for loving the Grip Vue on the first iPad. Not so sure about getting one for the iPad 2, however. I'm finding the Smart Cover quite useful as a stand, so I'd like a case that covers the back but is compatible with the Smart Cover. But if I do end up not getting a Grip Vue, I'll sure miss that perfect grip!

Sh0k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Does anyone order from handhelditems.com before ? They have the TPU cases for the iPad 2 in different colors at $5.99 each for today.

Just ordered a clear one, I guess for that price is worth the risk to see what kind of case they send me.

Still looking for the Targus or Scosche TPU, but everybody says 2-5 weeks delivery :(

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Does anyone order from handhelditems.com before ? They have the TPU cases for the iPad 2 in different colors at $5.99 each for today.

Just ordered a clear one, I guess for that price is worth the risk to see what kind of case they send me.

Still looking for the Targus or Scosche TPU, but everybody says 2-5 weeks delivery :(

I've ordered from HHI before. Their stuff (with exception to the few brand name things they sell) is on par with the cheap imitation stuff from eBay. It's pretty much, "you get what you pay for" situation. Another user stated in another thread that he was not happy with the HHI TPU case.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/12119755/

The Targus TPU is out for delivery today, so I hope to have pictures and comments up tonight!

Sh0k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I've ordered from HHI before. Their stuff (with exception to the few brand name things they sell) is on par with the cheap imitation stuff from eBay. It's pretty much, "you get what you pay for" situation. Another user stated in another thread that he was not happy with the HHI TPU case.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/12119755/

The Targus TPU is out for delivery today, so I hope to have pictures and comments up tonight!

Oh well, I guess you get what you paid for, still $5.99 is not much of a loss. I will post here when I receive it, in the meantime I will keep looking for the brand name ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.