PDA

View Full Version : Memory Usage Program?

Blackheart
Feb 21, 2005, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know what the program is called that tracks your memory to recommend how much you should buy? I remember seeing someone recommend it in a "How much memory?" thread but there are WAY too many of those to search through.

Thanks for your help! :D

allisonv7
Feb 21, 2005, 12:05 PM
I use a little program that sits up in the toolbar, MenuMeter (http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/index.html) . It displays how much used/free memory you have and you can also use it to view other stats. Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not, but regardless I like the program :)

allison.

zim
Feb 21, 2005, 12:43 PM
There is an application in your Utilities folder called Activity Monitor. Activity Monitor will show you how much memory is in use and who is using is. It will also show you how much memory is free.

Not sure if that is what you wanted either but you should be able to gage if you need more or not by how much is in use and how much spare you have left.

Blackheart
Feb 21, 2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks, but yeah, I already know about those ways of monitoring. However, I thought I remembered someone saying something about a program that you leave on for a couple of days and it helps gauge how much memory you would actually use; like a recommendation of how much to buy.

Cuckoo
Feb 21, 2005, 12:57 PM
Do you mean: Do I Need More Memory? 1.0

For the program itself:
A simple little application to tell you if you need more memory in OSX, and if so, how much.

Hillman Minx Software - www.hillmanminx.com

Blackheart
Feb 21, 2005, 02:53 PM
Do you mean: Do I Need More Memory? 1.0

For the program itself:
A simple little application to tell you if you need more memory in OSX, and if so, how much.

Hillman Minx Software - www.hillmanminx.com

Awesome! Thanks!