PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 issues with iPod/iSight?

mmmdreg
Feb 21, 2005, 07:52 PM
It seems to me that if I have my iPod and iSight both plugged into the firewire ports on the iMac, file transfer with the iPod is considerably slower. At its regular fastest, a few songs can be transferred a second. This can go down to one song per 10 seconds.. this is also while the computer HD isn't really doing anything. Unplugging the iSight always seems to speed it up. Is this an issue with other people?

varmit
Feb 21, 2005, 08:16 PM
It seems to me that if I have my iPod and iSight both plugged into the firewire ports on the iMac, file transfer with the iPod is considerably slower. At its regular fastest, a few songs can be transferred a second. This can go down to one song per 10 seconds.. this is also while the computer HD isn't really doing anything. Unplugging the iSight always seems to speed it up. Is this an issue with other people?Yes, there is an issue with the iSite and iTunes/iPod. Like the issue when having only an iSite plugged in which causes iTunes to crash when it opens. I guess its a flaw with how iTunes checks though the firewire connections for what is connected.