Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Has anyone bought or received these yet for their iPad 2? Looking for any feedback.

Also, is there any promo codes out for Wrapsol skins now?

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
I ordered an original, but really didn't want the front piece. Expensive even with the discount code. Still, I really like the stuff on my MacBook Air and iPhone 4.

hanguk9117

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
does anyone know how much of the back of the ipad the wrapsol original skin covers? other manufacturer's just cover the center (like lucky labs and dodocase).

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
does anyone know how much of the back of the ipad the wrapsol original skin covers? other manufacturer's just cover the center (like lucky labs and dodocase).

Wrapsol notes in the comments section of the iPad 2 skin on their website that it covers the curved back as well.

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I ordered a "clean". I want an SGP Steinheil anti-fingerprint, but those aren't available to order yet so I figured I'd give Wrapsol a try.

I accidentally ordered the "ultra", but after realizing "clean" was what I wanted, I emailed support and they were glad to change my order.

They said it should ship by the end of the week.

hanguk9117

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Wrapsol notes in the comments section of the iPad 2 skin on their website that it covers the curved back as well.

Thanks!

I just checked their website, and they updated the drawings for the original scratch protection. Looks like the back covers just about all of the ipad 2. awesome.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Yup. wrapsol is awesome stuff. I just ordered mine last night. Be careful though. They do rape you on shipping for sure.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Yup. wrapsol is awesome stuff. I just ordered mine last night. Be careful though. They do rape you on shipping for sure.

Wbsite says these are available at walmart today!!! Gonna check out wallyworld in a minute and I will get back to you guys later tonigt

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I ordered a "clean". I want an SGP Steinheil anti-fingerprint, but those aren't available to order yet so I figured I'd give Wrapsol a try.

I accidentally ordered the "ultra", but after realizing "clean" was what I wanted, I emailed support and they were glad to change my order.

They said it should ship by the end of the week.

SGP Just put their screen protectors on their website today. The Steinheil Ultra Clear goes for like $21 but I didnt look for their AF..

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
SGP Just put their screen protectors on their website today. The Steinheil Ultra Clear goes for like $21 but I didnt look for their AF..

They only seem to have the ultra clear for sale currently. I'll give the wrapsol a try, and if I hate it I'll order an SGP ultra fine (when available), or maybe try the SGP ultra optics if they make it for the iPad2.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
how do these compare to best skins ever?

Bestskinsever is just like Zagg - slick, rubbery feel with a glossy look.

Wrapsol (the original) has a matte finish. I think it feels a lot better than Zagg. It looks quite nice too, it makes the aluminum sparkle a little more.

faith4more

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
If you are debating between wrapsol and SGP.

Buy the wrapsol. I have bought wrapsols in past and was pleased. Even had a problem with my iphone 4 protector and they shipped a replacement at no cost to me overnight. SGP on the other hand see below

SGP defective horrible customer service

I got mine and it is defective. Essentially has a scratch on the inside

I emailed SGP and get this. They say I have to send it back then in 4 - 6 weeks they will send a replacement. They also want me to pay shipping back and then said "will reimburse me later"

4 to 6 weeks are you kidding me. When questioned it they told me they have to get it return it to the manufacturer let them look at it and then send another one.

I will never buy from SGP company again.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
So did you find it at walmart?

Couldnt make it out there last night... going today after work (4pm)... walmart.com says my local store has the iPad1 wrapsols available... i hope they just havent updated their website and they actually have the iPad2 wrapsols in stock

i.hate.going.to.walmart!!!!!!!!! but i hate waiting for purchases to ship a tad bit more..

diacritic

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
Couldnt make it out there last night... going today after work (4pm)... walmart.com says my local store has the iPad1 wrapsols available... i hope they just havent updated their website and they actually have the iPad2 wrapsols in stock

i.hate.going.to.walmart!!!!!!!!! but i hate waiting for purchases to ship a tad bit more..

Thanks, my walmart is quite out of the way, so if you find one I'll probably go out tonight to find one. I could always call but I hate calling walmart and I'm sure they will give me wrong information anyhow.

Edit: having said that I went ahead an called and was told that the only ipad 2 accessory they have is the "magnetic cover" -- I guess it's the Apple smart cover...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.