Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Hi guys been a long time since I posted
My last DIY guide was on how to restore an iPhone 3G
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/871308/

Got a few mods I would like to share in the coming weeks, Starting with my custom iPhone 4 holder
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Background
I had a Ram Mount for my Iphone 3G and really enjoyed using it. While Proclip had a fancier looking solution, it did not allow you to customize the mounting the way Ram Mount lets you (literally hundreds of different combination). But I really liked how Proclip had mounts that let you just slide your phone in and out. When I purchased my iPhone 4 I wanted to buy a mount that also had a passthrough cable. Unfortunately they don't make one for the iPhone 4 + OEM bumper, so I was left with the only solution available = Making my own

First I started with my own creation Proclip dock + ram mount rubber ball to allow me to use all of the Ram Mount options

Carefully drilled and screwed in 4 screws + Nuts
IMG_0060.jpg

Using A dremeled I removed all the extra screw/nut/Labeling that was on the Ram Mount Using a Fiberglass Dremel Cutoff Wheel
IMG_0063.jpg

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Will update with additional pics, steps but here are the final shots

P1300385.jpg

181958_10100290672960876_2512435_59681783_4146341_n.jpg

As you can see my goal was to make a dock that would allow me to simply drop it in, and have it charge and output Audio and Video.

No cables showing, no need to plug/unplug USB cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.