PDA

View Full Version : ipod troubles

faraz
Feb 21, 2005, 09:38 PM
hey guys,

I just got a 40 gig ipod, and experienced a small problem the first time i was about to charge it. I used it until the battery was fully drained before i charged it (so as to calibertate it) but when the battery was finally done something strange happened. It simple had a text message saying, "battery is drained, connect ipod to power" this happened when i hit menu and the song stopped and i just heard a sort of 'skipping' noise from the headphones.

Here's the strange part i connected it with the firewire and adapter, and NOTHiNG HAPPENED! the same screen and no battery icon change. So i reconnected it twice and nothing happened. Then i tried the dock and experienced the same thing. finally i connected it to my ibook and voila, the screen went blank, the apple logo came up and it was back to life, updating songs and chargin the battery.

Any clue what would cause this? and is it something to worry about? I thought that it might have just froze or locked up, but the ibook recognized it so i guess thats not the case...

anyway, any help would be appreciated.

diamond geezer
Feb 21, 2005, 09:41 PM
Try restoring the iPod using the iPod updater software. If after that it still behave strangely, send it back.