PDA

View Full Version : What happened to changing multitasking in 4.3?

class77
Mar 15, 2011, 01:10 PM
I thought that double clicking was supposed to be replaced with sliding the screen up to access it. Did it get tossed to the side like the multi-finger action?

Mystikal
Mar 15, 2011, 01:16 PM
I thought that double clicking was supposed to be replaced with sliding the screen up to access it. Did it get tossed to the side like the multi-finger action?

You may want to restore. Multitasking works for me...

anonymous6237
Mar 15, 2011, 01:19 PM

What you're talking about is part of the 4 and 5 finger gestures. If you enable the gestures you can use 4 or 5 fingers to slide up the multitasking UI and swiping with 4 or 5 fingers left and right switches you through the apps in your multitasking launcher.

ea9
Mar 15, 2011, 01:19 PM

Multi Gestures never made it to 4.3. Probably will be in iOS 5. Check engadget there's a way to enable it if you have a mac.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/14/how-to-enable-multitasking-gestures-in-ios-4-3/

You may want to restore. Multitasking works for me...

You misunderstood

Blakjack
Mar 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
yea the gestures arent here yet. U can force them to your device like the above poster said by using the instructions on engadgets page.

blackNBUK
Mar 15, 2011, 01:23 PM

Sliding the screen up was part of the multi-tasking gestures that you can enable on development iPads. I don't think it got "tossed to the side"; rather it was intended primarily to get reaction from developers. Reserving multi-finger gestures for the OS will cause obvious problems for certain Apps (eg. Fruit Ninja) We'll probably see when iOS 5 is previewed whether Apple are going ahead with the gestures.

class77
Mar 15, 2011, 01:27 PM
That's what I suspected. Thanks for confirming