Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
dinomac.jpg

Introducing the White Power Mac

He's a recent case mod I've done to my G3 333 MT. I used plastic spray paint on the removed panels. It has a texture similar to the new iMacs, and where it once said "Power Macintosh G3", it has a silver mirorr panel!

Spec is G3-333MHz, 66Hz Bus, 512MB RAM, ATI 128, 3 Firewire, 2 USB, 10/100 Enet, and a 15" Apple Studio Display.

Thoughts?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Looks good - but you know, looking at that case design again all I can say is what was Apple thinking at the time? ;)

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
Looks good - but you know, looking at that case design again all I can say is what was Apple thinking at the time? ;)

That someone might want to use a CD, a CDRW, and a Jaz drive all at once?

Perhaps that the 9600 case was so easy to add/subtract parts memory drives, that they'd keep it around for a while? God knows the current easier to work on case has been around a while.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
Originally posted by dukestreet

that's like calling a 1930s car ugly by todays standards (not the best example). its a lot prettier than the previous tower design, and still prettier than any pc tower case i've seen. my friend still has one, and it is really cool (was even cooler 3 years ago :D) to have a cd-r, zip, and jaz right in the machine. a floppy, on the other hand...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.