Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jinxednuance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I got my Macbook Air refurb a few hours ago.

Everything was going normal and sane. I closed the lid for about an hour, came back and opened the screen, nothing happened (pitch black).

Rebooted the computer and now all I have is a flickering screen and it already made me dizzy.

Seriously!

jinxednuance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.285 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Not much I guess. I just hate wasting time on reconfiguring a computer all over again!

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.285 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Not much I guess. I just hate wasting time on reconfiguring a computer all over again!

It won't hurt to try a PRAM reset if you have not already. That used to fix a flickering issue on my older MacBook.
Hold Command, Option, P, and R at startup until you hear the Apple Chime at least twice.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Did you reset it or try anything? Seriously, give it a rest and then do the two system resets before determination of defeat. I have always had excellent results with refurbished so don't give up on that even if you did get a bad one. Sorry.

jinxednuance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Did you reset it or try anything? Seriously, give it a rest and then do the two system resets before determination of defeat. I have always had excellent results with refurbished so don't give up on that even if you did get a bad one. Sorry.

When I turned my computer this morning I realized the screen had less flickering. I called Apple and I did the reset he told me. Flickering started all over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.