Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
As the novelty of the smartcover wears off more and more each day, I find myself missing my original iPad case.

Anyone try to make this work yet?

I'm curious if you could just carefully cut out holes for the camera...eh?

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I had a portenzo so my old case was a no go. I dug around and found a sleeve I bought from boxwave. I pit my iPad 2 with the smart cover in it. It is working fine. So I don't have to make rash decisions about cases right now. I'll more than likely return the smartcover next week.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Search youtube for "iPad 1 case iPad 2". There is a video of it fitting. The issues are size (it's a bit too big) and accessibility (ports don't fully line up).

AgDon

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
I picked up the Targus case from BestBuy for $39.99 and it's made for the new iPad 2. The leather is nice and the light blue interior is mostly hidden and looks light gray in the light of my desk.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Hard Candy has an Apple OEM like case for the iPad 2. I saw it on ilounge though I'm sure you can go to their website and take a look too.

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Just ordered the Hard Candy case. I think I am the only one who actually liked the original iPad case from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.