Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Hey everyone I have a problem. I am making a website with 3 frames. two on the top (one being the title frame 15%, the other with a drop down CSS menu 10%). The bottom frame fills the rest of the page(*). When I put it together the drop down menu only drops down in that 10% frame. Is there anyway to make it drop down onto the bottom frame?

jsm4182

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2006
Beacon, NY
Thats not possible. Each frame is a separate, independent document, nothing can go into multiple frames.

You should really rethink how you're setting up this site. With only a few very specific exceptions, frames are always a bad idea.

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Ok. I want the drop down menu to appear on all the pages no matter what one they click. Is there a code to make it as a header sort of thing? Or should I just copy and past it on each page?

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
My first question would be frameset?! why are you using framesets?!

I am using frameset because my website is for school and the project requirements is at least 2 frames. I know its not the best thing for websites but its a requirement.

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Ok php sounds good, thanks.

Any idea what I should do for the framesets then?

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Ok php sounds good, thanks.

Any idea what I should do for the framesets then?

Oh wait, I would already have two frames, cool. ignore my previous question.

Thanks everyone, you where a big help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.