PDA

View Full Version : Brand New PB Latch problem

morkmango
Feb 22, 2005, 11:19 AM
Hi, this is my first post, although i have read these forums for a long time

okay, well my uncle had his PB delivered to our house because he is in mexico for 3 weeks.. well he asked me to check it out and make sure everything is alright with it, so when came today i did that.

BUT

I noticed i was having a very hard time getting the screen to pop open. I have the last PB update (1.5Ghz 17inch) and its WAY easier to pop the screen.

I can get the screen to pop open only if I apply pressure to the lid (to push it down a bit) and then push hard into the center of the latch opening button with my nail.

Im not sure whether i should return this immediately or not.. I mean you pay like 4G Canadian for the thing and you shouldnt have to deal with this.. i dont know what to do.

Do you think this warrants a return or is there a very simple way to increase the buttons sensivity?

Thanks

Logik
Feb 22, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hi, this is my first post, although i have read these forums for a long time

okay, well my uncle had his PB delivered to our house because he is in mexico for 3 weeks.. well he asked me to check it out and make sure everything is alright with it, so when came today i did that.

BUT

I noticed i was having a very hard time getting the screen to pop open. I have the last PB update (1.5Ghz 17inch) and its WAY easier to pop the screen.

I can get the screen to pop open only if I apply pressure to the lid (to push it down a bit) and then push hard into the center of the latch opening button with my nail.

Im not sure whether i should return this immediately or not.. I mean you pay like 4G Canadian for the thing and you shouldnt have to deal with this.. i dont know what to do.

Do you think this warrants a return or is there a very simple way to increase the buttons sensivity?

Thanks

call your uncle.. then call applecare.. see what they say.. why does everyone ask these questions when applecare will probably gladly help you.. just don't expect anything out of them after the 90 day "free phone support" is up..

velocityg4
Feb 22, 2005, 11:53 AM
I have the brand new revision of the powerbook and it is easy to open it needs to be sent in to be repaired.