PDA

View Full Version : iPod shuffle dock as.....

macOSX-tastic
Feb 22, 2005, 01:10 PM
....a USB extension cable?

hi all, just wondering whether or not the iPod shuffle dock could double as a USB extension dock....i see no reason why not, becuase that is all that it functions for, but just to check becuase apple do not mention it at all anywhere. (well they wouldnt, would they? :D :rolleyes:

sorry if its an obvious question but thanks anyway.

tastic

wwooden
Feb 22, 2005, 07:49 PM
Wow, good idea. I never would have thought of that. I don't see why not either. I say buy one, either it works or it doesn't. At the very least it will be a dock for the Shuffle.

PlaceofDis
Feb 22, 2005, 08:11 PM
there are extension cables for USB already out there, why spend the money on the iPod shuffle dock? unless you need/want it to work as both

but it might work, and probably should work

mcmav37
Feb 22, 2005, 08:30 PM
there are extension cables for USB already out there, why spend the money on the iPod shuffle dock? unless you need/want it to work as both

but it might work, and probably should work

I agree it probably would work, but it seems like a waste of money. If you need an extension to just plug your shuffle in, why spend almost $30 for the dock when a simple cord will do? If you are interested in being able to plug other stuff into it, why not spend a few more dollars and get a nice USB hub? I have one from Belkin that has 2 vertically oriented plugs that are designed for simple flash drives, but works great with my shuffle. Ah yes, here it is (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?DEPA=0&description=17-111-910&ATT=Hubs+Network+USB+Fir&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r) . For $4 more than the shuffle dock, you get spots to dock 2 shuffles and/or 7 total usb ports.