Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
So, level four..by all accounts getting started only. That said, I really hope Theresa lot more to this game. It is a screen tapp slasher...may s well be playing fruit ninja right now to me.

So tell me, should I bother continuing or is it just moreof the same...is there ever any strategy or..well..anything to do but time strikes? Right now, while the game is pretty, my first ten minutes are extremely underwhelming.

Cheers for the info.

BubbaMc

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
I thought the same after the first 10 minutes.

Keep playing for another hour and you won't be able to put it down, it's surprisingly deep and addictive for what it is.

Oh and use a decent set of headphones.

Practice parrying every attack, once you get that skill down it's very rewarding.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Dodge, dodge, dodge, cut cut cut cut cut, block.

Dodge, dodge, block, dodge, stab cut cut cut.

Next.

Yeah, definitely meh. They just get faster - who cares?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I thought the same after the first 10 minutes.

Keep playing for another hour and you won't be able to put it down, it's surprisingly deep and addictive for what it is.

Oh and use a decent set of headphones.

Practice parrying every attack, once you get that skill down it's very rewarding.

On the surface it's a very simple game. And in many respects the concept is simple but atm it's the only game I'm playing now and I've probably sunk many days into it.

You really need to play the game further in. It gets far harder to master and you barely have time to react after you get deeper into the game.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Like many things, it is about knowing what the game offers ... this isn't a deep RPG, no free exploration or anything else. Just a grind-out combat game with pretty graphics.

nathanl1192

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
I killed the god king, then never played it again for about a month,

came back to the game, became addicted again, killed the god king again... and haven't played it since....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.