Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwire4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Hey guys,
So I got the Apple 2G a few months ago, and love it, but I have been having so many issues that I am considering ditching it all together. My initial problem (network error) happened every time the Apple TV would awake from sleep. I would have to log onto the network manually. So after getting some responses on the official Apple threads, the easiest solution is to never have the device sleep. So, I set the sleep mode to never and that was that. Now the issue is back, and very annoying.

When I switch to the HDMI input my ATV is on, it is automatically running the screensaver. After getting it to the menu. It shows content from iTunes (movie artwork) but when I switch over to my computers it doesn't see it. I can also not load anything. I just get the loading circle when trying to access iTunes, Netflix, etc. This all happens, though the ATV still detects a network. Going into the prefs, the ATV shows it is connected (with IP info) and full signal strength.

The only way to fix it, is to go back, select my Wifi SSID, re enter the password, and have reconnect. Even that is a hit or miss. I've tried multiple networks, and the same issue occurs. Any suggestions?

P.S. Just on a side note, I am running the latest version. The issue has been apparent in all versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.