PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Target FTW

Wildgift
Mar 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
Los Angelinos, check the targets around town. I snagged a 64gb ATT Ipad 2 at 8 am this morning at the La Cienega Target. They had 6 when they opened, and i was in line at 7:45, and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Mystikal
Mar 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
Los Angelinos, check the targets around town. I snagged a 64gb ATT Ipad 2 at 8 am this morning at the La Cienega Target. They had 6 when they opened, and i was in line at 7:45, and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Congrats :).

leomac08
Mar 17, 2011, 03:43 PM

Hope this helps.

Was this passing Kenneth Hanh Park? That's the only target I can remember before reaching Culver City then Beverly Hills

CC047
Mar 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
Awesome. Was it white or black? And did you use online inventory check before. I've been refreshing it pretty constantly looking for a 64gb ATT black, and none have showed stock in the last 2 days.

vincenz
Mar 17, 2011, 04:59 PM
Good luck to the rest of the people trying to get one...

Wildgift
Mar 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
Awesome. Was it white or black? And did you use online inventory check before. I've been refreshing it pretty constantly looking for a 64gb ATT black, and none have showed stock in the last 2 days.

Yes, I used inventory check, and got a white 64gb. The guy ahead of me snagged the only 32 gb, but now i have lots of room, so it's all good!

OceanView
Mar 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
The online inventory is not accurate from what I can tell.

Wildgift
Mar 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
Was this passing Kenneth Hanh Park? That's the only target I can remember before reaching Culver City then Beverly Hills

Sorry, not sure. It was on La Cienega, south of Jefferson, on the west side of the street. Considering the insane waiting times I have been reading about, I think I got REAL lucky. I pulled up at 7:40 or so, door opened at 8, the handful of us all trooped in, carefully keeping our respective places in line, and I was outta there by 8:20.

So: use the inventory search and get there early. I have never gottne this lucky on an apple launch!

nlpamg
Mar 17, 2011, 06:43 PM
wow, I saw that last night and didn't believe it and I also didn't want to take a chance driving into the hood.

that Target is gheeeeeettooooooooo.

congrats on getting yours though.

ma1234
Mar 17, 2011, 07:00 PM
wow, I saw that last night and didn't believe it and I also didn't want to take a chance driving into the hood.

that Target is gheeeeeettooooooooo.

congrats on getting yours though.

Ghetto? You have got to be kidding me. It's right next to Culver City.

I found my iPad yesterday at the Target on Whittier Blvd. in Commerce, right outside downtown LA. There was absolutely nobody there at 755am when I showed up, absent some senior citizens waiting to do their grocery shopping.

Just the night before I went to this exact Target on La Cienega and no luck, even though online showed "limited availability."

nlpamg
Mar 17, 2011, 07:13 PM
Ghetto? You have got to be kidding me. It's right next to Culver City.

I found my iPad yesterday at the Target on Whittier Blvd. in Commerce, right outside downtown LA. There was absolutely nobody there at 755am when I showed up, absent some senior citizens waiting to do their grocery shopping.

Just the night before I went to this exact Target on La Cienega and no luck, even though online showed "limited availability."

Exactly, 90% of Culver City is garbage.

This Target on La Cienega is the former Fedco that was messed up big time during the Rodney King riots. You notice the high steel fences on this Target? Ghetto.

dennisjs
Mar 17, 2011, 07:23 PM
The online inventory is not accurate from what I can tell.

You are incorrect. The online inventory checker has worked for many. There is some lag time... at worst... overnight. At best the inventory which is sold is scanned out of stock. But it has been proven time and again in the past three days that the Target inventory checker is accurate. UNLIKE the apple stores where they make you wait in line like lemmings for hours only to tell you that nothing came in Target shows you their inventory levels by store. They can keep their marketing game. I bought at Target.

jdminpdx
Mar 17, 2011, 07:45 PM
Exactly, 90% of Culver City is garbage.

This Target on La Cienega is the former Fedco that was messed up big time during the Rodney King riots. You notice the high steel fences on this Target? Ghetto.

True true. That area is seedy.