Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justinm59

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
I've been pretty hopeless about getting an iPad 2. I thought it might be helpful for people to see where and when people were able to get iPads this week. Most posts seem to be about people who haven't been able to purchase an iPad 2 so let's give people some hope and show that people are actually getting them.

rtztgue

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
not me. I put a reserve in with best buy on sunday. I am #31 and have not heard anything. I even called to see if they have received any shipments. Nothing as of yet. I also check the local stores such as target, wal mart etc. but nada... I will just be patient and wait, since I have no intention of waiting in line at an apple store for hours.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
Got mine at target yesterday. If you can't camp early, I'd use the target locator and try your luck there.

ozred

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I made a random stop at Target yesterday on the way to work.

Got lucky to find they had three exactly like I was looking for, so I bought them all.

Cheers. :)

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I made a random stop at Target yesterday on the way to work.

Got lucky to find they had three exactly like I was looking for, so I bought them all.

Cheers. :)

Target doesn't have a limit per customer?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I finally got one at the local Apple Store. 32GB wifi black.

The saga of the iPad:

I didn't do early online ordering as I usually do, because of BestBuy's zero interest deals. So, Friday afternoon I went and stood in line - later than I should have, and missed the ticket by about 10-15 people.

Checked around BestBuy again Saturday, but they only did the reservations bit. By Tuesday, I was checking Target's stock - saw one available, and called when the store opened at 8:00am Wed. Of course, they didn't actually have one. Being up early anyway, I headed to the Apple Store.

Got there about 8:40, but there were already about 40 in line. They only had one 16GB wifi, and only Verizon in 3G. They had quite a few of them, but enough people bailed before me, I could have purchased a Verizon. (If I were to get a 3G (which I wasn't), it would have been AT&T.)

I called another Apple Store, which is a good hour's drive away, and was told they might get another delivery within a couple of hours. So, I figured I'd drive that direction and check the Target Store in person, also: Fry's, Walmart, and an AT&T store. No joy. Called the Apple Store back before making the rest of the drive, talked to someone who actually inventories deliveries, and was told they already received all they were going to for the day.

Got home, spent sometime reading the other threads here about locating one, and decided the Apple Store was going to be the best chance - provided an early, early, arrival in the morning. Since that day's line had started around 7:00am, I figured that would work for today. I arrived just a tad after 7:00am, and was second in line.

Today's selection was all wifi only, both 16 and 32GB. I think they only had 2 or 3 32's - I got one. :D

Originally, I had been looking for a 64GB, but 32GB is fine (same as my 1st gen). No more hunting or waiting (especially with a possibility they become scarce due to part shortages from Japan).

Bottom line: I suggest an early lineup at an Apple Store, though there still is no guarantee of stock (our store had none for Tue. I'm not sure about Mon.).

Justinm59

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Glad to see other people have been succesful. I was able to grab a 32 gb black wifi today at a privately owned authorized apple retailer in my area today. I had no idea they even existed but I did a search on google for apple retailers in my area and saw them so I called and they had 8 of the model I wanted. I wonder how long they've had stock.

NicoleRichie

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Local Mac retailer today.

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
I'm still on the waiting list with my employer's Apple store. They haven't even received their first stock shipment yet. I am actively checking local Targets, Best Buys, and Apple store, but no one has any stock.

unkn0wnsoldier

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
Fountain, Co
I got one at Target yesterday. Black 32gb wifi. The Target Information sticky is great. All I can tell you is to keep checking the links for the iPad(s) you want often. I bought at mine around 3pm yesterday. I was 1 of 4 people shopping in the entire store. As I arrived, two more cars pulled up. I thought they were there for iPads and panicked . :eek:

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
I got my VZW 16GB White iPad from the Apple Store yesterday. Showed up at 7:15 to grab a ticket. Keep trying. Key is to go early (like 4-5AM) and hope they have what you want. Don't buy something with plans on returning it before 14 days. That's why people can't find what they want.

Schnoz

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
I got one this morning at target using the target stock site listed on other threads. Much better than waiting for 3-5 weeks from apple.com.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I was able to pick up mine on Tuesday using the Target inventory checker. I got a 32GB WiFi Black.

Sweet tool that saved me a ton of time and fuel!!!!!

dennisjs

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Northeast USA
Did the apple line thing for three days and then decided to try Target. No luck there but used the Target inventory checker on Tuesday night and watched the inventory change. I got up early on Wednesday and was at the store which showed the most inventory well before opening. I was the first one in the store and the first one at the electronics counter (there were no other ipad2 customers around). Bought a 32gb wi fi Black.

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
Yesterday apple store. Was there at 7:30 am , was 13th in line, by the time the apple guy came out at 8:15 line was about 50 people. They had 15 ipads , all verizon, sucked it up and got 64gig white, didnt really want 3G but , also did not want to wait in line again.

Very happy, very fast ...

Had sold my ipad about ten days ago and i do use it for work, so was happy to have it agian.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.