Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I just called the two stores in my area that said it was available. Both employers said emphatically "NO!". I can tell they get that call alot. However, according to the Target Inventory link found in the Target thread and such, it said it was available.

Now, my question is, if the in-stock locator is broken for "in-stock" items, could it be possible that an "out of stock" store actually does have it in stock?

I've given up completely and will just buy it wherever I find it. Which still might take months. I do not want to order online. I need it in my hand, LOL :)

jonallan

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
i've heard that if you check on one of the price checkers (asile endcaps) by manually typing in the dpci number, it will tell you if the items are in the stockroom or not. some other forum members have reported success after showing this to the floor associate. seems that they aren't told what has been received off of the dock until it makes it on to the shelf.

Virtute

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2011
Niagara, Canada
Did the employees actually go and look before answering you? As far as I know, the online stock checker updates quite frequently, and if it just switched over to "available" then it means that a shipment probably just came in. If the employee has been working on the floor all day, they're probably not going to know if a shipment just came in.

I've heard a lot of people say they had great success picking them up using the online stock checker. In some cases they had to argue with the in-store clerks to get them to look for them, but once they did, they found them.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
What/where is the DCPI number for the iPad 2. I Plan on going to Target if any show in stock. But I may need that number for the store employee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.