Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I was hoping that I would go down to the apple store when they opened to pick one up also but if your fifth in line and it was 6:30 when u posted, im going to be out if luck.

Fataliya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Tampa, FL
Wow I can't believe these lines a week after launch. Good luck, I hope at #5 you get the model you want. Also don't let any linejumpers in at the last minute.

One guy cheated and used the service entrance to get in the mall early, but he was booted to the end of the line.

I didn't get one. They only had 16g, and the only 3g was Verizon. Im just gonna order online.

triplecore1

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
One guy cheated and used the service entrance to get in the mall early, but he was booted to the end of the line.

I didn't get one. They only had 16g, and the only 3g was Verizon. Im just gonna order online.

just wondering why was he booted to the end of the line? Was because he used the service enterance? Because I haven't seen apple employees care about how you get in the line; including if you cut. just wondering.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry man. I feel your pain. Going to try tomorrow morning which should be worse as its a weekend. I want a white 16 or 32 wifi for the wife.

I foresee a problem as the mall has multiple entrances, so I suspect once the doors open people run? :confused:

Fataliya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Tampa, FL
just wondering why was he booted to the end of the line? Was because he used the service enterance? Because I haven't seen apple employees care about how you get in the line; including if you cut. just wondering.

Yup, Apple guy Said we'd have to take a vote on if he got to stay there, lol.

Yes, it was because he used the service entrance that clearly said Employees only.

Fataliya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Tampa, FL
Sorry man. I feel your pain. Going to try tomorrow morning which should be worse as its a weekend. I want a white 16 or 32 wifi for the wife.

I foresee a problem as the mall has multiple entrances, so I suspect once the doors open people run? :confused:

Here at least it's been very orderly. The Apple store is right by an entrance, and security only unlocks one set of doors to be used.

Andrea Vieira

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Help!

Hi. I leave in Brazil and I'm going to NY next monday. How difficult is it to buy an Ipad2 in the apple store at 5th ave? How long I'll have to wait in the line? I would like to buy 32g only with wi-fi. Any tip? Tks for the attention.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
Hi. I leave in Brazil and I'm going to NY next monday. How difficult is it to buy an Ipad2 in the apple store at 5th ave? How long I'll have to wait in the line? I would like to buy 32g only with wi-fi. Any tip? Tks for the attention.

You'd have better luck if you were going to Hong Kong next Monday.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Hate to say it, but it will take a miracle for you to get an iPad in NYC.

wshields

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
NYC is the worst. Forget about Apple Stores. Organized scalpers sleep out in front of those.

Actually if you're from Brazil will the Verizon model work for you there? Brazile is CDMA too right? If so, those are MUCH easier to get than the aT&T models. Still sucky in NYC though.

triplecore1

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Yup, Apple guy Said we'd have to take a vote on if he got to stay there, lol.

Yes, it was because he used the service entrance that clearly said Employees only.

wow that interesting I never heard of that before. he was probably also stupid for boasting about he got in early. that's a first though I think. it sucks for that guy.

elan123

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
543.jpg
Ther's about 30-40 people here now.

haha, posting while in line... classic.

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
NYC is the worst. Forget about Apple Stores. Organized scalpers sleep out in front of those.

Actually if you're from Brazil will the Verizon model work for you there? Brazile is CDMA too right? If so, those are MUCH easier to get than the aT&T models. Still sucky in NYC though.

Poster clearly says 32gb wi-fi only. They don't want a 3G model.

ea9

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I bought two on launch day (one for me & one for wife) and I haven't been home to give it to her. She gets it today :)

Nice ! Ordered a 16gb for the fiancee. But she'll get hers in a couple weeks by the looks of it ! :p

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008

In the worst case scenario, you can always choose to buy one from the organized scalpers if you cannot get one from the Apple store. Good luck. :)

Andrea Vieira

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
In the worst case scenario, you can always choose to buy one from the organized scalpers if you cannot get one from the Apple store. Good luck. :)

I really hate buy things from scalpers, even here in Brazil. But, just in case, anybody knows how much is an ipad2 32gb wi-fi only with those "organized scalpers"? Is that legal in USA? Is it easy to find them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.