Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cherry13bomb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anyone else have this problem? I have the Verizon model and the case I bought says it's compatable. When it's out of the case it works fine, but when it's in, it doesn't black out the screen during calls.

wildrage

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anyone else have this problem? I have the Verizon model and the case I bought says it's compatable. When it's out of the case it works fine, but when it's in, it doesn't black out the screen during calls.

What color case do you have? I've heard problems with cases that aren't black - particulary the white plastic with black silicone model.

I have the black one and have no problems at all.

Laike

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
I have a black otterbox defender too and I'm having no issues with the proximity sensor.

cherry13bomb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
What color case do you have? I've heard problems with cases that aren't black - particulary the white plastic with black silicone model.

I have the black one and have no problems at all.

Mine is white plastic with pink silicone. What causes it to happen with the white?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.