Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
:apple:Hi all,

Anyone having any luck in MD? I've gone a few times to the apple stores in the morning but no luck, they have sold out each time within minutes. I keep calling around and they seem to have stock each evening but not sure how early I should arrive. I guess, it will start again on Monday. I might just sleep in the parking lot...:)

Oh well, looking for a Black 32 GB WIFI

EvilC5

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
Hanover MD
I got mine at arundel mills be st buy the 11th. But I waited for 2 hours. Going to apple store in Annapolis in the morning. If see anything, I will pm.

Gav$ter

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
I got my 64GB wifi Black iPad 2 this week from Bethesda Row, and then I bought a 2nd iPad for my wife from the Georgetown Store by being there at 9am when the doors opened.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Forget going to Target(s). Went to the Rockville/Wheaton/Gaithersburg ones with no luck. All BestBuy's I went to were all sold out within minutes. The guys at the Rockville store told me they got 8 of them :confused: 8.

I got a reserve at MicroCenter in Rockville (comes with a $50 gift certificate) but still haven't gotten my notification that it's in store.

Going to Tysons Apple Store tomorrow to see if they have any left.....doubt it though.

shaft103

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
I got mine 64gb White WIFI at the Gaithersburg Target this morning. All it took was hitting up the inventory tracker links and getting there at 7:15 this morning and I was golden.

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
I got mine 64gb White WIFI at the Gaithersburg Target this morning. All it took was hitting up the inventory tracker links and getting there at 7:15 this morning and I was golden.

I've been using the target inventory tracker almost 20 times a day and not one target in MD seems to have anything....Always sold out...:mad:

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I got my 64GB wifi Black iPad 2 this week from Bethesda Row, and then I bought a 2nd iPad for my wife from the Georgetown Store by being there at 9am when the doors opened.

Awesome! You've given me a bit of hope. I want the White 64 gig Wi-Fi + 3G. Hopefully with Verizon but if they just have AT&T, I'll take it.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I've been using the target inventory tracker almost 20 times a day and not one target in MD seems to have anything....Always sold out...:mad:

Yep, same here. I'ma check again first thing this morning; like around 4 or 5 and if anything shows up, I'ma hop in the car and make sure I'm there before the store opens.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
iPad is sold out everywhere. There is no point of looking for one in the middle of the day. Your best shot is at the apple store. Try them every morning to see if they have it. No one will ever release ever information about whether they will have iPad in stock because they have tight supplies.

Since it's Saturday tomorrow, yes. I expect iPads to be available at the apple store tomorrow. However, since it's saturday, I also expect lines to be long at the apple store.

I gave up and ordered online. I have a job and I cannot keep calling apple store or cannot stand in line for 2-4 hours every single day.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I checked the target inventory thanks to this forum and scooped up one black and one whir wifi from the Bowie location on wednsday. I checked today and they had limited supply at the largo target.. I think target and early mornings at apple store is the best hope for our region.

DetroitDrillSGT

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
MD, U.S.
Bel Air and Abingdon Target

For the last two days they have been in stock, not all selections but...

32G Black and white Wifi - at least 3

64 Black wifi - one

Seems like the stock was shifting from one store to the other every other day.

Should be back at the Bel Air store tomorrow.

Good luck!!!! I am resisting the urge, Ill wait for the iPad 3.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
For the last two days they have been in stock, not all selections but...

32G Black and white Wifi - at least 3

64 Black wifi - one

Seems like the stock was shifting from one store to the other every other day.

Should be back at the Bel Air store tomorrow.

Good luck!!!! I am resisting the urge, Ill wait for the iPad 3.

I will wait for iPad 4. In fact, I will buy next version of what you are buying.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
BestBuy on Wash. Ave had a few iPad 2's today

Target also had 2 stores with Wifi-Only iPad's but I forgot the location of it

Look online at the inventory lists as BestBuy seems to have a few show up every day at different stores

BlondeLocks

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
a friend got one at Annapolis Mall - they were handing out tickets Friday morning - only 15 though. she got the 64G - 3G Verizon. Had to be line at 3:00 a.m. though :eek:

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
I got mine this morning at the Columbia Mall. I was able to get the black 32gb wifi. I arrived at 7:20 am and was number 13. They handed out 43 tickets and their was probably 50 in line. Thank goodness it is finally over.

Good luck everyone

Kmtoth

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
Annapolis apple store

Im at the apple store in Annapolis. Got here at about 7:15, they have a full stock. They started handing out tickets at 7:30 and must have handed out 100+ and she still had some to spare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.