PDA

View Full Version : G4 PB Killing My IPOD?

Sesametoast
Feb 23, 2005, 06:05 AM
Hi All:

I recently bought a new 1.5G G4 PB 12" and also bought a new G4 IPOD (previous owner of another IPOD)... to make a long story short, after loading the iPod with music and charging it, I disconnected the IPOD from my computer (while it still said "do not disconnect") and now my IPOD is completely dead.. nothing I do, reconnecting to power, resetting, allowing the battery to drain will bring it back to life.

To top it off, I also bought a shuffle 512MB and a similar thing happened... I plugged it in, charged it and loaded my shuffle with music... but now my computer / other computers won't recognize the shuffle anymore.. the little amber light no longer lights up...

Now, the USB port seems to work with my mouse and one of my USB memory keys.. but another one that works on my Dell doesn't work on my Mac.. could this be a faulty USB / Firewire set?

Please help!!! I really appreciate it!

Platform
Feb 23, 2005, 06:34 AM
But why did you diconect the iPod when it said "do not disconect" :confused: :confused:

john1123
Feb 23, 2005, 07:00 AM
i had a similar problem with my shuffle.. when turning the shuffle on, the green light would not turn of and i was unable to mount the ipod or listen to music. resetting the ipod with the ipod updater solved the problem.

hope this helps